Zero2Cool
11 years ago

Unless they discussed it with Walden and he said he made some bad choices that caused the situation. People are making judgements without knowing almost any facts. We don't know what was said, investigated, admitted to, threatened, promised or even actually happened between Walden and his girlfriend.

How can anybody say the decision was wrong without knowing anything that went into it?

Goodell is not without accountability. He was hired by the owners of the league. If he doesn't do his job to their satisfaction, he is gone.

The Players signed a contract with the league that stipulates what the penalty is for getting into trouble.

If they feel they have no alternative but to break the rules, they should accept it as part of the consequences of their actions and move on. If they feel that the punishment is not worth breaking the rules, don't break them. But the potential consequences should be part of a decision of whether or not to break the rules.

I can't stand it when people get caught and then whine about the unfair punishment. The punishment is supposed to make it not worth breaking the rules.

I heard someone say that you should understand the rules well enough to know when to break them. I thought it was the stupidest most self serving thing ever. You should understand the rules well enough to know when getting caught breaking them is still worth it. Or you shouldn't break them.

Originally Posted by: Dexter_Sinister 

You really enjoy being obtuse, don't you? The only information I 'know' is that the case is open for Erik Walden, thus the NFL should not punish him. That is the problem I have. PUNISHMENT without being found GUILTY of what they were accused of is always going to rub me wrong.

I think the Commissioner has too much power and from the outside looking in, it appears he's inconsistent with said punishments.

I will say this so you, even YOU can not twist it around (no that's not a challenge, lol).

If someone is GUILTY, they DESERVE their punishment. NO QUESTION about it. The problem I have is a player losing MONEY because he was ACCUSED of something. Do you follow me now? Do you get what I am saying or are you going to continue this obtuse mentality and tell me other obvious things like the Packers play home games in Wisconsin!

](*,) šŸ˜£ šŸ˜£
UserPostedImage
macbob
11 years ago
sorry, didn't see the thread already started. Deleting the thread doesn't seem to be an available option.
UserPostedImage
Dexter_Sinister
11 years ago

You really enjoy being obtuse, don't you? The only information I 'know' is that the case is open for Erik Walden, thus the NFL should not punish him. That is the problem I have. PUNISHMENT without being found GUILTY of what they were accused of is always going to rub me wrong.

I think the Commissioner has too much power and from the outside looking in, it appears he's inconsistent with said punishments.

I will say this so you, even YOU can not twist it around (no that's not a challenge, lol).

If someone is GUILTY, they DESERVE their punishment. NO QUESTION about it. The problem I have is a player losing MONEY because he was ACCUSED of something. Do you follow me now? Do you get what I am saying or are you going to continue this obtuse mentality and tell me other obvious things like the Packers play home games in Wisconsin!

](*,) šŸ˜£ šŸ˜£

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

It kind of goes back to the point of how do you know he wasn't guilty of any thing? What conversations were had between Walden and the league? What did he admit to in court or what did he admit to the league?

My guess is that you don't know any more than I do.

http://www.graflaw.com/deferred-judgement-and-sentence/ 
Plea-bargaining of your case may result in a deferred judgment and sentence (ā€œDJā€). This type of agreement is common in domestic violence cases or for first time drug possession cases. The accused pleads guilty to an agreed upon offense but, as the name implies, the entry of a judgment of conviction and the actual sentence is deferred for a specified period. Upon successful completion of the terms of the agreement, the guilty plea is withdrawn and the case dismissed.

My previous opinion was based on the fact that is sounds like he plead guilty of a first offense and was allowed to go through a program. If successfully completed, the guilty plea will be wiped.

So apparently he was more than just accused, or even found guilty. He admitted guilt.

But the league is not a criminal court. Innocent until proven guilty is for criminals. Breach of a contract to stay out of trouble is a civil matter.

I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
Zero2Cool
11 years ago
So, over 20,000 posts and you still feel the need to put words in my mouth? In-freaking-credible! lol I suppose the brunt of my text go into a "NFL dictator =bad" kinda thread, haha.

I stated what I knew, the case is open. I just went through the court record events and no plea has been entered and the judge hasn't found him innocent or guilty. That's what I know, and that's all I've said I've known. I'm not going to speculate on what "Open - Deferred judgt./prosecute", especially based on a Google search.

The case is open. He was accused of something. The NFL is punishing him for being accused. If the player doesn't like it, they can find a new profession.

As a fan, a viewer and someone who (sorry to disappoint you) has an opinion, I do not like the NFL having a Commissioner who has all that power to pull a trigger on a suspension before the case has even concluded. I don't know what part of that you don't understand and why you refuse to respect my opinion and then bring up comments like "the league is not criminal court" and "The Players signed a contract with the league". It's silly. BTW, the Packers play their home games in Wisconsin! :P

I don't think the one game suspension will have any factor in Walden making the roster.
UserPostedImage
doddpower
11 years ago
Zero, no worries. I think most of us knew/know what the intentions of your post were and that they didn't really need any further 'clarification.' Allllll good.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago

I don't think the one game suspension will have any factor in Walden making the roster.

nor do I. I originally think he would not make the team because Uncle Teddy would feel other players offered more to the team. With Zombo being injured I may have to change that.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
11 years ago
wpr's post makes me think ... perhaps we should have a thread .... 'draft or roster, which is harder to predict?' lol
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago

wpr's post makes me think ... perhaps we should have a thread .... 'draft or roster, which is harder to predict?' lol

you're welcome šŸ¤£
UserPostedImage
gbguy20
11 years ago

nor do I. I originally think he would not make the team because Uncle Teddy would feel other players offered more to the team. With Zombo being injured I may have to change that.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

trying to remember if zombo has contributed literally anything in say the last year and a half?
nerdmann
11 years ago

trying to remember if zombo has contributed literally anything in say the last year and a half?

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

A younger, more frequently injured version of Brady Poppinga.
ā€œWinning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a whileā€¦you do them right all the time.ā€
Fan Shout
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: ā€œGot in a fight with the bench press. I lost.ā€
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

Headlines
Copyright Ā© 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comā„¢. All Rights Reserved.