wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
11 years ago
I have a sneaky dog. He taught himself a new trick this summer that gets him into to trouble. He has decided to look and see what is sitting on the counter or the stove and just help himself to a little snack. After all unguarded food is free for the taking right?

A couple of months ago I notice the boiled egg yolk that was sitting on the counter was gone. My wife often cooks a few eggs and removes the yolk before using the egg white. She then will mix the yolk into the dog's food. Obviously he loves it. This one was just sitting there so it had to be his right? I asked my wife if she gave him the egg. She told me she did not. Looking at the egg shells on the floor I laughed and he must have fed himself. I then told her that we better not leave anything on the counters that we don't want him to get into.

A few weeks later we caught him eating something out of a pan on the stove. I once again said we can't leave food sitting around.

Last night we were sitting in the living room. He got up and wondered off. I figured he was going to get a drink of water or relieve himself outside. A min or two went by and my wife started to call him. I turned and could see he was on the far side of the dinner table smacking his lips. She followed him and dicovered he had eaten some cupcakes that she had just baked. I asked how many. She started to ount tand said she thought he had eaten 3 of them. Paper and all.

I sent him to the garage for his crime and helped clean up what little scraps were left. yet again I said that we can not leave stuff on the counters. Where and I suppose to put them? I said put everything into the frig. The bread at the back of the counter in the special little basket she bought for the bred. (Heaven forbid the bread lay on the counter and not in a special basket.)

She grumbled a bit. I like the idea that the dog is forcing her to be more attentive to the leftover food. I'll have to give him a treat or something once this all blows over. Until then I have to wait and see if we get processed cupcake wrappers this evening.
UserPostedImage
Porforis
11 years ago
Dogs (and cats) are like toddlers that never grow up. Gotta watch them all the time, and if they get a bright idea, watch out! That being said, love dogs (and cats). About a week after we got our cat he ate literally 6 feet of string which he chewed off from one of his toys. Quite thankful that it didn't turn into anything major and at least he chewed it on the way down.
zombieslayer
11 years ago
Had to give WPR an applause point as that was just funny.

Yeah, sometimes a dog can teach you just as much or more than you can teach them.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
wpr
  • wpr
11 years ago

Had to give WPR an applause point as that was just funny.

Yeah, sometimes a dog can teach you just as much or more than you can teach them.

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer 

yep. they are smart little critters.
I wouldn't mind eating a fresh homemade cupcake or two on a Sunday afternoon. But 3? 😮
UserPostedImage
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
11 years ago

I have a sneaky dog. He taught himself a new trick this summer that gets him into to trouble. He has decided to look and see what is sitting on the counter or the stove and just help himself to a little snack. After all unguarded food is free for the taking right?

A couple of months ago I notice the boiled egg yolk that was sitting on the counter was gone. My wife often cooks a few eggs and removes the yolk before using the egg white. She then will mix the yolk into the dog's food. Obviously he loves it. This one was just sitting there so it had to be his right? I asked my wife if she gave him the egg. She told me she did not. Looking at the egg shells on the floor I laughed and he must have fed himself. I then told her that we better not leave anything on the counters that we don't want him to get into.

A few weeks later we caught him eating something out of a pan on the stove. I once again said we can't leave food sitting around.

Last night we were sitting in the living room. He got up and wondered off. I figured he was going to get a drink of water or relieve himself outside. A min or two went by and my wife started to call him. I turned and could see he was on the far side of the dinner table smacking his lips. She followed him and dicovered he had eaten some cupcakes that she had just baked. I asked how many. She started to ount tand said she thought he had eaten 3 of them. Paper and all.

I sent him to the garage for his crime and helped clean up what little scraps were left. yet again I said that we can not leave stuff on the counters. Where and I suppose to put them? I said put everything into the frig. The bread at the back of the counter in the special little basket she bought for the bred. (Heaven forbid the bread lay on the counter and not in a special basket.)

She grumbled a bit. I like the idea that the dog is forcing her to be more attentive to the leftover food. I'll have to give him a treat or something once this all blows over. Until then I have to wait and see if we get processed cupcake wrappers this evening.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Just never leave out things with chocolate, grapes, or onions.

Dogs have the right idea. Food is made to be eaten. If it's visible, it should be considered ready-to-eat. (You ever see cooks work -- they always take samples, don't they. [grin1]

I'd rather have a dog spoiled than a dog who never got to eat unhealthily. And I've never known a dog to disagree.

Dog = God spelled backward = wise.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
DakotaT
11 years ago
We have a cockapoo and she is naughty and spoiled just like the rest of the girls in the house. When we are gone and happen to leave out anything on the island, she will jump up on the stools and then get up on the island and help herself. It is our fault anyway you look at it because we didn't discipline her enough and we spoil her. But she is a beautiful dog and I'm a wuss. We have two female, fat, lazy cats too. And you wonder why I take it out on all of you?
UserPostedImage
MontanaBob
11 years ago
Hey, WPR....can I use your dogs sneaky tricks in my opening at the PTA convention? I can somehow manage to get in the Bicycle/Pedestrian safety issue in there. Jeez, with that bike joke and this story I should be a big hit. Gonna have to get an agent after this.
Anyone for a Weenie Roast?
wpr
  • wpr
11 years ago

Hey, WPR....can I use your dogs sneaky tricks in my opening at the PTA convention? I can somehow manage to get in the Bicycle/Pedestrian safety issue in there. Jeez, with that bike joke and this story I should be a big hit. Gonna have to get an agent after this.

Originally Posted by: MontanaBob 

go for it.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
11 years ago

Just never leave out things with chocolate, grapes, or onions.

Dogs have the right idea. Food is made to be eaten. If it's visible, it should be considered ready-to-eat. (You ever see cooks work -- they always take samples, don't they. [grin1]

I'd rather have a dog spoiled than a dog who never got to eat unhealthily. And I've never known a dog to disagree.

Dog = God spelled backward = wise.

Originally Posted by: Wade 

wrong. Dog spelled backward = goD.
UserPostedImage
vikesrule
11 years ago

We have a cockapoo...

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Cocker Spaniel crossed with a poodle?...Knowing you, I would have bet that you had a bulldog crossed with a shitzu. [grin1]

Neat story Wayne...👍