Pack93z
11 years ago

Colt McCoy vs. Harrell. I'm taking Colt.

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

I would take Colt as well with a full offseason under his belt.. Clausen as well.

But for now til probably at least week 8 - 10... I will take Harrell over just about any backup type QB.

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Zero2Cool
11 years ago

That is the point.. and most of that work extends past the QB themselves.

Stand on the fact the Harrell is fine.. in fact I will say he is going to look much improved this week.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

Going against a bunch of players that won't be playing outside of the AFL, yes, Graham Harrell should perform better. If he's ho-hum there's a real issue. Some are using the 2nd team OL as an excuse, but give me a break, the 2nd team OL is going against the 2nd team DL!!
UserPostedImage
PackerTraxx
11 years ago
That's a good point, but for the most part the opponents 2nd team defense has looked much better than our 2nd team offense. He's had his moments, but he's also missed some opportunities. Even thought it most likely won't happen I'd like to see him with the ones. My thinking is Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy have seen enough in practice and the games(thinking he'll get better support from the ones) that they are comfortable with him and they realize he's not had much support in the games. If he is forced to play, then they'll deal with it at that time.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Pack93z
11 years ago

That's a good point, but for the most part the opponents 2nd team defense has looked much better than our 2nd team offense. He's had his moments, but he's also missed some opportunities. Even thought it most likely won't happen I'd like to see him with the ones. My thinking is Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy have seen enough in practice and the games(thinking he'll get better support from the ones) that they are comfortable with him and they realize he's not had much support in the games. If he is forced to play, then they'll deal with it at that time.

Originally Posted by: PackerTraxx 

Exactly.

Past EDS, and Datko at times, our offensive line depth has looked awful. How Taylor was able to start two weeks was a mystery, but it showed just how poor the pickings are.

Much of that I blame on the inability of our line coaches, nothing new, to take a player and get them ready rapidly. It doesn't happen here. Some of that is a player like Sherrod wasn't able to go.. our tackle depth, healthy depth is a concern currently.

Pointing to a matchup of 2's verses 2's or 3's vs 3's alone, well that is superficially providing analysis. Look at Herb Taylor's play the last couple weeks.. that is all one has to say. Poor. Probably the worst tackle prospect I have seen line up in Green Bay in the Ted era.. and that is saying something.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Pack93z
11 years ago
For what it is worth.. the QB coaches take on it. And again.. we seen Harrell lead this team to two TD drives in San Diego.. make crisp out throws (probably the hardest throw on the field from the pocket)..

Anyway.. here you go. Someone that agrees with me. Minority but still.

http://www.espnmilwaukee.com/corp/page/08%2F29%2F12_Harrell_readies_for_crucial_finale/2031?feed=2 

While he looked good during the offseason organized team activity practices and minicamp – and even early in training camp in practice – Harrell’s preseason play has been cause for concern. Well, for seemingly everyone but the coaching staff.

“No doubt in my mind,” first-year quarterbacks coach Ben McAdoo replied when asked if he believed Harrell could get the Packers through a game if Rodgers went down. “I have 100 percent confidence in him. He knows it. He’s shown the ability to lead, he can be a consistent player and I feel like he can make all the throws.”

“Who are the other guys (Harrell is) playing with? You have to have 11 guys on the same page, and if you don’t, it makes it tough,” said offensive coordinator Tom Clements, who had been the Packers’ quarterbacks coach the past six years and remains heavily involved with the position.

“The games are important, but you’re not just evaluating on the game. You’re evaluating him in the classroom sessions, practice, and how he handles the games. Maybe (it’s) a little more magnified this year because of the injuries, but in preseason football when you’re playing with new guys or rookies or guys new to the system, it’s often the case that things look bad at times. You have to play through that, and he’s done that.

Zero2Cool
11 years ago

For what it is worth.. the QB coaches take on it. And again.. we seen Harrell lead this team to two TD drives in San Diego.. make crisp out throws (probably the hardest throw on the field from the pocket)..

Anyway.. here you go. Someone that agrees with me. Minority but still.

http://www.espnmilwaukee.com/corp/page/08%2F29%2F12_Harrell_readies_for_crucial_finale/2031?feed=2 

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

To be fair here, you love every damn quarterback, including me!! [grin1]
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
11 years ago

To be fair here, you love every damn quarterback, including me!! [grin1]

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I think I have a letter yet from a summer camp.. a review of my performance there where they basically chewed me out for being to physical with the protected players. Something.. almost exactly to quote, "The red jerseys are there for a reason, lighten up on those players."

So no.. I have no love lost for the hypocrisy of it all. Everyone else could bust their asses, take the hits and compete.. except those candy ass cocky little shits. Nothing burned your ass more the winning the battle on the edge, turning the corner and having to pull up.

Even the kickers and punters could handle contact in camps.. not the glory boys.

No.. I am quite sure my opinion is firmly burned in.. much like shoveling cow shit daily or sitting on a hay rack watching people getting away for the weekend knowing that your summer will not have such a treat within it.

There are some things that just don't change.

But what bothers me here.. is that we are jumping on one cat for the litters issues.
Pack93z
11 years ago
Now a guy like this.. an efficient and accurate passer when healthy.. that I could see. But health being the primary concern. And even in the Packers went down that road, I think Harrell bridges the gap until he would get healthy and be ready to actually run the offense.

Report: David Garrard unlikely to make Dolphins roster 
DakotaT
11 years ago
Noodle arm just hit a deep post. He had Eli Manning time in the pocket though.

He probably won his job on that series, cause he also hit Finley down the middle on a good third down conversion.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
11 years ago
The throw on that drive was the Finley throw.. dropped it in a tight window.

But his audible on the goal line was nice as well.

Amazing what a some decent protection with the ability to setup and step into a throw does.

Oh.. and the concerns about Clement calling plays.. nice play action call on that deep post.