Zero2Cool
11 years ago

If they were to trade Jones, Gurley and Boykins make the active roster. That is the whole point. Borel won't clear waivers, but Dale Moss probably will be on the practice squad.

Jennings, Jorde, Cobb, Driver, Gurley, and Boykins. But is Boykins better than Borel?

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

When you can spell Jordy Nelson properly, then you can speak up, til then, sit that fat ass down!

Jennings, Nelson, Cobb, Driver and Gurley. I'm thinking they'd go with five WR.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
11 years ago
I could see the Packers moving Jones, but I don't know that the Fins are the right destination.. especially via trade.

What are the Fins doing this year? Shipping out all valued players for future picks.. basically going young.

If they are going to acquire a WR from us... I would think it would be one young players that can grow with Tannehill.

So no, I don't see the Fins trading for Jones.

But it would not surprise me if the Packers moved Jones prior to the cuts.. that and or moving say a Gurley or Borel to the fins.

If I am the Packers and keeping one of the three.. (Gurley, Borel or Boykins) it comes down to the role they want them to fill.

If they are looking for another returner in addition to WR.. it is Borel.

If they are looking for an all around special teams in addition to WR.. it is Gurley.

If it is based just on WR.. I think the best most consistent choice is Boykins. He is a slightly smaller Gurley.

Borel has this extra shake that maybe only Driver has to him.. but is that enough.

I don't think Boykins slides through to the PS. Actually I can't see any of them sneaking through to the PS of the three.

I think they go six.

Jennings, Nelson, Jones, Driver, Cobb, Boykins.

I think they keep Jones to ensure they have enough talent at WR.. it is our bread and butter. Not to mention his relationships with Jennings and Rodgers. My Guess.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
DakotaT
11 years ago

When you can spell Jordy Nelson properly, then you can speak up, til then, sit that fat ass down!

Jennings, Nelson, Cobb, Driver and Gurley. I'm thinking they'd go with five WR.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

You should quit thinking altogether. Our TE corp is beat to shit, we have a prolific passing game, and you think we are only keeping 5 WR's?

And I'll improve my spelling when you go back to high school and improve your grammar. Spelling Nazi's have no place in a football forum. [grin1]
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
11 years ago

You should quit thinking altogether. Our TE corp is beat to shit, we have a prolific passing game, and you think we are only keeping 5 WR's?

And I'll improve my spelling when you go back to high school and pay you improve your grammar. Spelling Nazi's have no place in a football forum. [grin1]

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

[duh]

I originally thought we'd keep six, YOU told me I was insane. I don't think anyone besides Tori Gurley is worthy of a spot on the 53 other than the top five obviously.
UserPostedImage
beast
  • beast
  • Select Member Topic Starter
11 years ago

What are the Fins doing this year? Shipping out all valued players for future picks.. basically going young.

If they are going to acquire a WR from us... I would think it would be one young players that can grow with Tannehill.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

I agree with your line of thinking, but there are other factors as well. Like are the Dolphins looking for a guy with potential or a guy who can come there and start on day 1. If day 1 then Jones might be better... and Philbin probably knows Jones value, Jones could be doing a lot more if he didn't have such talent taking snaps away from him... and Philbin should be able to figure how much more.

Also what do you think a team would trade for Jones. I'm thinking a team would probably be willing to trade a 4th round pick. Not saying the Packers should agree to it... but I'm thinking that's his trade value area.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
11 years ago

I agree with your line of thinking, but there are other factors as well. Like are the Dolphins looking for a guy with potential or a guy who can come there and start on day 1. If day 1 then Jones might be better... and Philbin probably knows Jones value, Jones could be doing a lot more if he didn't have such talent taking snaps away from him... and Philbin should be able to figure how much more.

Originally Posted by: beast 

I agree he would be able to do more.. and would hold value for the Fins, however almost all decisions they are making currently point to rebuilding and aiming a couple years down the road. At 28.. Jones may be a bit more aged in their projected window than they might like.

So, they trade away picks that they are currently stockpiling for a player whom might not be in the prime of his career when they are ready to compete.

My opinion is they will pluck the waiver wire for depth.. and retain these stockpiled picks.

That is my view on it.

This is me spit balling based on the decisions they are making.

Also what do you think a team would trade for Jones. I'm thinking a team would probably be willing to trade a 4th round pick. Not saying the Packers should agree to it... but I'm thinking that's his trade value area.

Originally Posted by: beast 

Depends on the team trading for him.. example, to the Texans he probably holds more value than to the Fins for example.

I would say top end a late second / 3rd... bottom end a 5th which I don't think the Packers trade him for.

A team like the Texans or the Jets, those are the types of teams with a now type window that he would present the most value.

So.. if Jones is traded.. I would guess the Texans, Jets might be landing spots. I don't see the Packers dealing him to an NFC team.. at least not a team on the cusp of challenging for the post season.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Zero2Cool
11 years ago

So no, I don't see the Fins trading for Jones.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

This is a sound opinion and I'm going to have to change my thoughts. I don't see James Jones being traded either. James Jones is only 28 and could provide some good things for the young WR they have already. I just don't see it happening after the point of Dolphins going young has been mentioned.
UserPostedImage
doddpower
11 years ago
Unless Jones could net a 2nd round pick, which there's almost no way I think he could, then I hope we keep him. I think the drop of in talent from Jones to either Gurley or anyone else is quite substantial.
play2win
11 years ago
One team that desperately needs WRs is Dallas. I don't think Jones gets traded, unless they really pony up with player/picks to make it worthwhile. He's easily worth a R2. Also, if I am GB, why trade Jones, a guy who could easily step into a #2 WR role and is affordable, when you could trade a less important player? He's well versed in the system. I would hold out for a ransom to let him go. IMO, a R3 or R4 might not be worth it for Jones.

Dolphins being 6-10, Oakland and Dallas being 8-8 plays into our favor a bit, as the Jags at 5-11 last season are ahead of them in order and also WR needy. IND, STL, MIN, CLE and WAS are all right in there ahead of them all, which should be helpful in working a trade.

It might be very surprising what happens here, as GB might have a ton of options in play. Then again, they might not if no one throws an offer our way. We are unbelievably stacked there, like never before. These trades are so unlikely, but there are a ton of teams who need what we have in droves. Should be interesting.
gbguy20
11 years ago
Doesn't look like we will be trading any of our WR's based on the ones we just cut.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (14-Jun) : YOU BROKE IT
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Welcome to "The Dead Zone" may the only Packer News we hear is positive!!
buckeyepackfan (14-Jun) : Trevor Lawrence-5yr 275mil-200mil guaranteed. J-10VE is next.
Mucky Tundra (13-Jun) : @AaronWilson_NFL #Packers have signed first-round pick Jordan Morgan to $14.185 million deal that includes $7.135 million signing bonus
jdlax (11-Jun) : Hahaha hellllllll no, Sunday is king! It's those Thursday night games that hurt
Mucky Tundra (11-Jun) : @AndyHermanNFL Looks like Tucker Kraft is out of the sling. Progress!
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : That's also my oldests birthday
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Thought it was I fucking hate SNF. I went what why it's consistently way better than any other game
Zero2Cool (11-Jun) : Whoa. I read that so wrong before Jared lol
wpr (10-Jun) : that's great jdlax
jdlax (10-Jun) : God I hate the Shithawks
jdlax (10-Jun) : Sunday Night fucking Football
jdlax (10-Jun) : I just got my tickets to represent in Seattle December 15th woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Martha Careful (9-Jun) : I really enjoyed game 1 of the Stanley Cup final. Sergei Bobrovsky G - FL was incredibly good.
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : *NFL
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Pads or no pads, welcome to the N
Mucky Tundra (4-Jun) : @ByRyanWood Rashan Gary just steamrolled Jordan Morgan on a bull rush. Drove right over him to the ground.
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : God and a lot of money brought Reggie to GB
Mucky Tundra (3-Jun) : yep. became the highest paid defensive player in the league and 3rd highest behind Elway and Marino
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Packers signed second-round pick Javon Bullard
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Reggie White got something like 4 years $17m total right?
buckeyepackfan (3-Jun) : 110mil guaranteed!!!
Zero2Cool (3-Jun) : Justin Jefferson. 4/$140m ??? wow
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @AndyHermanNFL Sean Rhyan getting some reps at center in walkthroughs. They are rotating guys everywhere.
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : or that might have been an individual drill thing
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : that was from the 29th but I've seen other combs (including Rhyan@C)
Mucky Tundra (31-May) : @ByRyanWood Without Elgton Jenkins and Zach Tom, #Packers starting OL: Rasheed Walker, Jordan Morgan, Josh Myers, Sean Rhyan, Andre Dillard.
Martha Careful (31-May) : I have never seen an OTA, but who is lining up at LT and RG with starters? or is it all individual drills?
Zero2Cool (30-May) : Bears are the first team to be selected for Hard Knocks
dfosterf (29-May) : Andy Herman and his Pack a day podcast put up GB strengths yesterday. This morning he did weaknesses. They are both very good.
Zero2Cool (25-May) : Yes.
beast (24-May) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

12-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

9-Jun / Around The NFL / beast

6-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

3-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2-Jun / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.