Zero2Cool
11 years ago

Fine. Don't waste Woodson on Moss. Put Bush on Moss and rough up Moss and take him out of the game. Then let Williams and Shields concentrate on Manningham and Crabtree.

You see this. I see this. Neither of us are making a million a year in the NFL.

How come Dom Capers doesn't see this?

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer 

I dunno man, I keep deferring my thoughts to there just has to be something I don't know about defensive schemes. As a QB, I would LOVE to play against zone defense all day because there's always a window for your WR, especially if you have a strong arm. You could hit shit left and right over the middle... 5 yards here, 8 yards there, possible big gain here or there and best part ... you only need a 3 step drop which nullifies a pass rush!

Again, I dunno. There just has to be something I don't comprehend about defensive schemes.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
11 years ago

Fine. Don't waste Woodson on Moss. Put Bush on Moss and rough up Moss and take him out of the game. Then let Williams and Shields concentrate on Manningham and Crabtree.

You see this. I see this. Neither of us are making a million a year in the NFL.

How come Dom Capers doesn't see this?

Maybe the part where the safeties leave the middle of the field wide open. Or come shallow and leave the middle and deep open.

The issues are right in front of us to see.. we have issues in the backend. Between the lines.. I think you can tell Woodson wants to go off on it.. but he isn't.

Why play soft.. because you lack the trust over the top to make the correct read. Why spread the backers out and play a zone where a backer is on a WR? They stayed in base to keep Woodson in the back.. get caught.. get burned.

Play soft.. get thrown on repeatedly. Play bump.. gotta trust the backend or get torched over the top for a big play.

For me.. it is pretty apparent.. we have awareness issues in the backend of the secondary.. we have really two guys that can be flat out trusted at the moments.. Williams and Woodson.

So you have a physical talent in Burnett in which we are hoping the light clicks soon for, and a handful of other safeties in which they are working through. MD Jennings got replaced with McMillan for Thursday night already. More confusion in the backend, don't be surprised if Burnett is next. Common element on the field with our communication issues has been Burnett. Sooner or later it might be the common thread that may be the problem.. maybe not. But ask yourself this, is he in position to make a play often? And when does he? Gore's scamper down the sideline after the Arod pick, Burnett gives it a half assed dive attempt at a tackle.

Capers and company are trying to mask an issue.. and it keeps getting picked open. (Speaking of picks, I haven't heard one person complain yet about the illegal picks the Niners were running, not rubs.. picks but I digress)

If it was my call.. I start McMillian and Richardson as soon as possible.. let one play base and the other comes in on Nickels and Dimes. We see the same issues over and over with any combination with Burnett.. sooner or later we have to see if the is the source.

To address a situation you have to have options.. aright now some of those options are a work in progress. Wanna go young.. this is what you have.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
zombieslayer
11 years ago

Maybe the part where the safeties leave the middle of the field wide open. Or come shallow and leave the middle and deep open.

The issues are right in front of us to see.. we have issues in the backend. Between the lines.. I think you can tell Woodson wants to go off on it.. but he isn't.

Why play soft.. because you lack the trust over the top to make the correct read. Why spread the backers out and play a zone where a backer is on a WR? They stayed in base to keep Woodson in the back.. get caught.. get burned.

Play soft.. get thrown on repeatedly. Play bump.. gotta trust the backend or get torched over the top for a big play.

For me.. it is pretty apparent.. we have awareness issues in the backend of the secondary.. we have really two guys that can be flat out trusted at the moments.. Williams and Woodson.

So you have a physical talent in Burnett in which we are hoping the light clicks soon for, and a handful of other safeties in which they are working through. MD Jennings got replaced with McMillan for Thursday night already. More confusion in the backend, don't be surprised if Burnett is next. Common element on the field with our communication issues has been Burnett. Sooner or later it might be the common thread that may be the problem.. maybe not. But ask yourself this, is he in position to make a play often? And when does he? Gore's scamper down the sideline after the Arod pick, Burnett gives it a half assed dive attempt at a tackle.

Capers and company are trying to mask an issue.. and it keeps getting picked open. (Speaking of picks, I haven't heard one person complain yet about the illegal picks the Niners were running, not rubs.. picks but I digress)

If it was my call.. I start McMillian and Richardson as soon as possible.. let one play base and the other comes in on Nickels and Dimes. We see the same issues over and over with any combination with Burnett.. sooner or later we have to see if the is the source.

To address a situation you have to have options.. aright now some of those options are a work in progress. Wanna go young.. this is what you have.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

Pack - Yes. I understand this.

But I think you'll agree with this point. If you are to ERR, err on the side of being aggressive. Wouldn't you much rather go down swinging?

Jamming Moss at the line will get inside his head and if we play the Niners again in the Playoffs, he'll remember that. Moss is a head case. It doesn't take someone with a PhD in Abnormal Psychology to know this. Heck, even the Pats didn't want him despite his ass kissing to the Kraft family. The Niners got him out of desperation because they wanted to make a one-year SB push as Gore won't be an elite RB forever and Gore is still the heart and soul of that O. I can guarantee you that the Niner management argued back and forth if they wanted Moss and they reluctantly agreed to get him, instead of being excited to get him.

As for the Niners picks, jam 'em at the line and that would make the picks more difficult to do. Fight fire with fire, baby! [boxing]

So old Zombieslayer rule - if you're gonna go down, go down swingin'.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
zombieslayer
11 years ago

I dunno man, I keep deferring my thoughts to there just has to be something I don't know about defensive schemes. As a QB, I would LOVE to play against zone defense all day because there's always a window for your WR, especially if you have a strong arm. You could hit shit left and right over the middle... 5 yards here, 8 yards there, possible big gain here or there and best part ... you only need a 3 step drop which nullifies a pass rush!

Again, I dunno. There just has to be something I don't comprehend about defensive schemes.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

You know more than you think you know. You understood that Moss can be taken out with physical contact at the LoS.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
11 years ago
And he has tried that as well.. we didn't lead the league in explosive plays given up for nothing last season.

Piss poor tackling and getting beaten like a drum.

Now.. with improvements (I seen better push this past weekend than last year) yes I probably would do what I could to increase the pressure applied.

But I think the thinking is.. bleed slowly or gash it wide open. Neither is a formula for success.

I don't know all the answers.. I only can see what I can be afforded to see. I would argue that we should have been playing the regulars in the preseason more to work through these issues.. but then if someone goes down it is going to be hell to pay there.

Not trying to excuse it.. but trying to rationalize it. No matter how we slice it, until the problem is rectified.. scheme it all you want... it still a wart. It is the coaching staff's responsibility to fix it.. just pointing out materials gotta be there to fix it.

BTW, with a press team you better be able to tackle, we don't do that well either. The get off clean and run a slant.. that safety better be ready. Additionally my first post after the game.. I stated I would have pressed Moss from the first catch on.. dude dropped faster than a hot knife through butter when defender got within yards of him.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
zombieslayer
11 years ago

And he has tried that as well.. we didn't lead the league in explosive plays given up for nothing last season.

Piss poor tackling and getting beaten like a drum.

Now.. with improvements (I seen better push this past weekend than last year) yes I probably would do what I could to increase the pressure applied.

But I think the thinking is.. bleed slowly or gash it wide open. Neither is a formula for success.

I don't know all the answers.. I only can see what I can be afforded to see. I would argue that we should have been playing the regulars in the preseason more to work through these issues.. but then if someone goes down it is going to be hell to pay there.

Not trying to excuse it.. but trying to rationalize it. No matter how we slice it, until the problem is rectified.. scheme it all you want... it still a wart. It is the coaching staff's responsibility to fix it.. just pointing out materials gotta be there to fix it.

BTW, with a press team you better be able to tackle, we don't do that well either. The get off clean and run a slant.. that safety better be ready. Additionally my first post after the game.. I stated I would have pressed Moss from the first catch on.. dude dropped faster than a hot knife through butter when defender got within yards of him.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

And this is exactly why I am doom and gloom about 2012. I think 2011 was SO bad, it will take 2 years to fix. 🇹🇹 spent 2012 on fixing the pass rush. He'll continue working on the pass rush in 2013 while getting us the best DBs he possibly can. We should be ready for a SB push by 2013.

2012 may be a lost year. I REALLY hope I'm wrong, but I simply don't think we have the D to win it all this year. I know VR gets wood every time I say this, but whatever. Sometimes it sucks speaking the truth.

(Our O will be fine as long as 🇦🇷 is healthy, our OL is average or better, and our receiving staff is good or better).
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
macbob
11 years ago

I REALLY hope I'm wrong, but I simply don't think we have the D to win it all this year.

They certainly weren't good enough in the first game. We've had significant turnover between last year in this year, with Collins gone, Woody moving to Safety, Bush taking over Woody's CB spot, Bishop out and DJ Smith taking his place, CM3 moving back to the right side and Perry settling in at LOLB. I'm not ready to give up on the Defense, but will be watching closely for improvement week-to-week, the sooner the better.
UserPostedImage