PackFanWithTwins
11 years ago
One positive.

When we try to run, we can. Imagine that. And when we did, Rodgers didn't get sacked again, and the pass game started working. Imagine that.

While McCarthy is a good coach, I cannot say he is better than that. He gets in his own way to much. We are not good running outside. So don't do it. When teams are covering deep and pass rushing like we are down by 20 with 5 minutes left, run and pass short. You can't will your plays to work. YOu ahve to adjust to allow them to work.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Porforis
11 years ago

One positive.

When we try to run, we can. Imagine that. And when we did, Rodgers didn't get sacked again, and the pass game started working. Imagine that.

While McCarthy is a good coach, I cannot say he is better than that. He gets in his own way to much. We are not good running outside. So don't do it. When teams are covering deep and pass rushing like we are down by 20 with 5 minutes left, run and pass short. You can't will your plays to work. YOu ahve to adjust to allow them to work.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

I would argue that you have to run it outside sometimes, but we tried it too much in this game. Maybe once or twice per every 10-15 carries.
zombieslayer
11 years ago
Positives?

As Vikesrule would say, I'm Mitt Romneying. The Packer D looks like it may really be for real. Game 3 looked like game 2 and the ONLY reason they scored double digit points in game 3 was because the refs blew one bad call after bad call.

I feel real bad for Sam Shields right now. If there's anyone who got shafted, it was him. You do your job perfectly and the WR practically gives you a big hug and you get called for PI? Then, you place yourself in the end zone exactly where you should be an the WR literally pushes you down and nothing gets called? WTF?

Shields is looking like Shields, and not his wimpy doppleganger. The D is coming together. The O, well, work in progress. CM3 and Woody are both having Pro Bowl seasons and the DL is disrupting the run.

I think 🇲🇲 is gonna get this team fired up. I would be surprised if the Saints come within 20 pts of us. Seriously. I actually feel bad for the Saints for they got 2 of my favorite non-Packer players (Brees and Sproles).
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
PackerTraxx
11 years ago
We haven't lost any games in our Division, although the 2 in the conference could come back to haunt us. The way the Oline is playing really pisses me off...they're not rookies anymore. I'll sandwich that negative with the D playing good, and rookies again contributing, especially with the added pressure the first half they had to deal with, because of the O's ineptitude.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
tromadz
11 years ago
Positives from Game #3

- Cedric Benson continues to improve every game. His back-cuts are sick.
- Sam Shields is becoming one of the best CBs in the NFL.
- Rookie defensive players are starting to come on: McMillon, Perry(1st sack), Hayward, Worthy. All those guys had some impressive plays.
- Mike McCarthy's adjustments. It's very unfortunate we didn't run more in the first half, and it was an ugly first 30 minutes, but to his credit, he changed things up in the 2nd half, and it was one of the reasons we won the game.
- Charles Woodson at safety is getting better and better. He is ALL OVER the place. It's fun to watch.
- AJ Hawk is a different person this year, and it's a good thing.
- Our defense in general looks to be back to superbowl form after a meh week 1.
- We won the game. The Packers are 2-1. What are people so upset about?
play2win
11 years ago
AJ Hawk - played a very inspired game. Great job by him in stuffing the run and shutting down plays. Finley made some great catches and blocks, so did James Jones.

Shields, McMillian, Perry, Worthy, Raji, Pickett and Heyward all did this team proud. Oh, yeah, and so did MD Jennings for his INT to rightfully give us the W.
Porforis
11 years ago

AJ Hawk - played a very inspired game. Great job by him in stuffing the run and shutting down plays. Finley made some great catches and blocks, so did James Jones.

Shields, McMillian, Perry, Worthy, Raji, Pickett and Heyward all did this team proud. Oh, yeah, and so did MD Jennings for his INT to rightfully give us the W.

Originally Posted by: play2win 

Jennings also had a nice fingertip deflection on a third down, I believe. He's no Nick Collins but I like what I see so far. I'm anxious to see how this defense performs against a good offense for a second time now that they've played a few games, but I'm not sure the Saints qualify. They have the talent but their execution has been terrible.
PackFanWithTwins
11 years ago

I would argue that you have to run it outside sometimes, but we tried it too much in this game. Maybe once or twice per every 10-15 carries.

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

OK, can run outside, but not the stretch plays. We do not have a fast oline, at least not compared to defenses today. We have maulers more or less. Let Sitton, Bulage, Lang,Newhouse bull the defense over. I blame the blocking scheme more than anything in that respect.

How hard is it for a defender to see the oline do the slide step that starts the outside zone blocking and know the run is going this way. There are no counters in this scheme only cutbacks.

Bring in Alverez to consult on running the ball.

The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Yerko
11 years ago
Loving the defense right now. Rookies are playing GREAT ball and our defensive backfield may be set for quite some time if Hayward and McMillian keep up the good work.

Offensively, Packers have started out cold but I really like the progression of Randall Cobb and the signing of Benson has been a solid choice, so far.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
11 years ago
The conduct, demeanor and total class of our head coach in the face of that complete farce, especially in light of the NFL dropping trou and pissing on us only to try and call it rain with that absolutely ridiculous non-statement.

Fan Shout
beast (5m) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (18h) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (22h) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
35m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.