Pack93z
  • Pack93z
  • Select Member Topic Starter
11 years ago
I have shared a couple of times why I will not take my children to an NFL game until they are developed enough to understand that some fans take their fan hood too far. This isn't just a Lambeau thing, or a Metrodome thing.. this is a repeat sampling of almost a dozen stadiums around the NFL.

Some fans at times forget their is class and decency within their rights as a fan. That there are people at the end of their rants, and players do hear what fans have to say.

I had a chance to talk with Edgar Bennett and Mark Lee years ago... and asked a number of questions. One was do players absorb what they hear from fans and I paraphrase, their answer was yes. They hear it, try to block it, but they hear it just the same. Some players are affected more so than others, but it is almost impossible not to hear it.

I am not a fan of booing, but if it is because of their play, so be it, their rights to express their opinion.

But cheering an injured player, it is pathetic in my book. So screw the KC media, Winston is spot on about the fans and the media. He has a right to an opinion as well.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/10/07/eric-winson-rips-fans-for-cheering-matt-cassel-injury/1618595/ 

• "When you cheer, when you cheer somebody getting knocked out -- I don't care who it is, and it just so happened to be Matt Cassel -- it's sickening. It's 100% sickening. I've been in some rough times on some rough teams, I've never been more embarrassed in my life to play football than in that moment right there."

• "We are athletes, OK? We are athletes. We are not gladiators. This is not the Roman Colosseum."

• "Matt Cassel hasn't done anything to you people, hasn't done anything to you people. Hasn't done anything to the media writers that kill him, hasn't done anything wrong to the people that come out here and cheer him. Hey, if he's not the best quarterback, then he's not the best quarterback and that's OK. But he's a person. And he got knocked out in a game and we have 70,000 people cheering that he got knocked out?"

• "Boo him all you want. Boo me all you want. Throw me under the bus. Tell me I'm doing a bad job. Say I gotta protect him more. Do whatever you want. Say whatever you want. But if you are one of those people, one of those people that were out there cheering or even smiled when he got knocked out, I just want to let you know, and I want everybody to know, that I think it's sickening and disgusting."

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
11 years ago
Amen!

For years I thought Minnesota Viking fans were the biggest scum in fandom.

When I was in grade school, we used to drive over to St. Paul, buy tickets outside the stadium, and go to the Packer/Viking game every year. One year, I forget which one, I was sitting in the stands when it was announced over the public address system that Gayle Sayers had blown out his knee (I think against SF). It felt like the entire stadium stood up and cheered. (In retrospect I"m sure it was just the bozo section I happened to be sitting in. But as a little kid, it felt like everyone was cheering.

And this was not when half the stadium was in green and gold.

That lesson has stuck with me for over 40 years. And, to be honest, I didn't start to change my opinion of Viking fans until I met Nick and Jeremy here.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
vikesrule
11 years ago
I hear where you are coming from Wade.

For years, no decades, I had my own beliefs about Packers fans.

I thought that all Packers fans are dumb as a stump, drunk, disorderly, ugly, smelly, foul beasts and they beat their dogs every time the Packers lost.
Not to mention that all Packers fans have the most dubious sexual proclivities around.
They all married their sisters and that every Packers fan takes up with sheep for a mistress.

But after getting to know you guys.....well, your not dumb.[grin1]

Seriously, I have zero tolerance for the fan of any team that cheers for a player to get injured. They need to have their nuts nailed to a stump and pushed over backwards.

And don't let this get out or I'll have to kill you, but I have come to have great respect for pretty much everyone on this forum.
And ya, that even includes that dumbass, DakotaT.
Formo
11 years ago
I agree, Shawn. Given a choice, I would take my kids to a Gopher/NCAA football game over a Viking/NFL game EVERY time. Now, that's not to say I wouldn't ever take them to a Viking game, but I would do many things to assure they are well defended to such scum (yes, I'm aware there are a plethora of Viking fans/NFL team fans that are scum, this Cassell incident proves). And if they happen to experience such classless wonders, I will use it as a teaching moment.

That said, this does not persuade me from thinking you clowns try to breed with sheep or dead animal carcasses.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
DakotaT
11 years ago

And don't let this get out or I'll have to kill you, but I have come to have great respect for pretty much everyone on this forum.
And ya, that even includes that dumbass, DakotaT.

Originally Posted by: vikesrule 

STFU you pussy. I'm your favorite, that you have the most respect for. I know it, you know it, and they know it. WTF are you going to do now, Dumbass?

As for beastiality - well, you and Iowa battle that one out. The people from Paradise argue with the good folks from Montana on that subject.
UserPostedImage
Gaycandybacon
11 years ago
I agree that no one should cheer upon an injury of a player, ecpecially when the backup QB trouts on the field when said QB is still on the ground.
But you're in a Stadium, where 70 people cheering/booing can sound like 7000 people. Eric Winston, I like your heart and you defending your Qb but you gotta know how fans act by now. Let it go.
Zero2Cool
11 years ago

Seriously, I have zero tolerance for the fan of any team that cheers for a player to get injured. They need to have their nuts nailed to a stump and pushed over backwards.

Originally Posted by: vikesrule 

Same here, although I was hoping he'd miss the Packers game, I didn't want him having an ACL. Him being Brian Cushing. When I seen the injury report, I thought oh no c'mon not another ACL, but please be safe and sit him for the Packers game. We need all the freakin help we can get!

UserPostedImage
TheKanataThrilla
11 years ago

Same here, although I was hoping he'd miss the Packers game, I didn't want him having an ACL. Him being Brian Cushing. When I seen the injury report, I thought oh no c'mon not another ACL, but please be safe and sit him for the Packers game. We need all the freakin help we can get!

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I completely get the sentiment. I feel it is fortunate the Pack don't have to play against Cushing due to injury, but in no way am I happy that he is injured.

Looking at it from an opponents position I am sure many feel fortunate that their team doesn't have to play against Jennings.

wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago
A few years back I was at the Packers-Vikings game when AP was injured. Some fans did jump up and cheer. I was a bit shocked bit I think it was a knee jerk reaction along with a few real jerks reacting. The applause for AP as they carted him off the field was louder and more sincere than the the noise made when he was injured.

I don't think most of those who applauded his injury were glad that he was injured. They were not looking for him to miss significant time that year or in his career. They just didn't want him to beat the Packers that day. (Limp over to the sideline, stick some ice on it and and get back out there next week against someone else.) When it was apparent this might be career threatening everyone I around me hoped it would not be as bad as it looked.

The hush that came over the stadium as they watch the replay was more telling than the initial reaction when the play was live. It is a little too long ago for me to remember clearly but the one or two idiots who still laughed when the replay was being shown were quickly dealt with by those around them. They shut up after being told to do so.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
11 years ago
This a good thread.

Should we cheer when we see someone get hit by a car? That's as much sense as cheering when a player gets injured.

I HATE, really HATE seeing anyone on the field get hurt. And some of my favorite players are on other teams, not just Packers players. I don't see how anyone who is not a sadist can cheer for an injury. That's just sick.

On a side note, I do remember when we injured AP. That really sucked. He's one of my favorite players. Hats off to the ones who applauded him.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Fan Shout
dhazer (38m) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (1h) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (1h) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (17h) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (20h) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (21h) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

24-Apr / Random Babble / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.