Zero2Cool
10 years ago
This is what was mentioned on his Tuesdays with Aaron show with Jason Wilde. Rodgers also says the reports regarding a timetable are "silly" because nothing of the sort has been discussed. Rodgers says he's "holding out hope its a quick heal, but it is a significant injury."

Also says no talk at all about timetable of when he's going to return.

Rodgers: "I've been a quick healer in the past and am hopeful this will be on the short end of whatever prognosis comes up."

Rodgers hopes for ‘quick heal’ 

GREEN BAY – Aaron Rodgers has a fractured collarbone, but what the Green Bay Packers quarterback does not have is a timeline for when he might play again.

Rodgers confirmed on his weekly radio show on 540 ESPN and ESPNWisconsin.com that he did indeed break his left (non-throwing) collarbone when he was sacked by Chicago Bears defensive end Shea McClellin during the Packers’ 27-20 loss on Monday Night Football. Rodgers was injured with less than 4 minutes into the game.

“I have a fractured collarbone, and we have not talked at all – regardless of what’s been reported – we haven’t talked at all about a timetable or anything,” said Rodgers, adding that he was in “some pain” Tuesday afternoon. “We’re still going through the process of testing, but we do know that the collarbone is fractured and we still have not talked about or discussed any long-term prognosis.”

Asked if he held out any hope of playing in Sunday’s game against the Philadelphia Eagles at Lambeau Field, Rodgers replied: “I think we’ll know more as the week goes on, but I do have a fractured collarbone. That’s a significant injury. We’ll know more about the severity and the timetable later this week.

“There has not been any timetable that has been talked about with me, the docs, coaches, anybody who represents me, any of my family members. So, we’re holding out hope that this will be a quick heal. But it is a significant injury.”

Although Rodgers said the injury won’t require surgery, it is frustrating because there’s nothing he can do to accelerate the healing process. His friend and former teammate, Charles Woodson, suffered a broken collarbone twice – in Super Bowl XLV, and early last season, when he missed 10 games because of it.

“It’s a difficult injury because there’s not a specific type of rehab you can do for this. It’s not like you can get a massage or stim or the different various treatments that they have out there that can try to get you back quicker,” Rodgers said. “You just have to wait for the bone to heal. That’s going to be the frustrating part, but I feel like I’ve been a quick healer in the past and am hopeful this will be on the short end of whatever prognosis comes up.”
After the Eagles, the Packers will play at the New York Giants (2-6) on Nov. 17, at home against Minnesota (1-7) on Nov. 24 and at Detroit on Thanksgiving on Nov. 28. The Packers, Bears and Lions are currently in a three-way tie for first place in the NFC North at 5-3.

“It’s obviously disappointing, what happened last night with the injury and then with the loss,” Rodgers said. “It’s always difficult with a loss, especially if you sustain the type of injury like I did last night.”

After Rodgers was injured, veteran backup Seneca Wallace, whom the team signed after the final roster reduction at the end of training camp, took over and completed 11 of 19 passes for 114 yards with no touchdowns, one interception and four sacks (53.4 rating).

Rodgers played as a backup several times while sitting behind starter Brett Favre from 2005 through 2007, with mixed results. In 2005, he went in against Baltimore and played poorly. In 2007, he replaced an injured Favre at Dallas and nearly rallied the team to victory – a game that bred confidence among the coaches and players about his ability.

“I think it is (hard). Because you don’t take a lot of reps,” Rodgers said of Wallace going into the game. “The week I played in Dallas, I took maybe four reps in practice that week – and that’s all week. You run the scout team, but you’re running the other team’s plays. So yeah, it’s going to be a different week for him. And it’s a different type of confidence when you go into the week and you know you’re going to play a lot.”

Rodgers said his return will be determined not only by how the bone knits but by how much pain he can play through and how much risk there is of making the injury worse. In 2006, Rodgers suffered a broken foot against the New England Patriots and played the rest of the game with the injury; in 2008, he suffered a dislocated right (throwing) shoulder at Tampa Bay but played the next week against Atlanta with limited practice time and didn’t miss a single game that year.

Rodgers hasn’t missed a game due to injury since suffering a concussion at Detroit on Dec. 12, 2010 and missing the following week’s game at New England.

“It’s the balance of pain tolerance and putting yourself at a greater risk. I’ve always dealt with the pain and put my body at risk – whether that’s playing with a knee condition that I had in high school and junior college and at Cal, or the various injuries we’ve had over the years,” Rodgers said. “We all deal with them, and it’s a matter of what you can play with from a pain-tolerance perspective and then also, we’re talking about bones. You can put yourself at greater risk for a worse injury if you go back out there. But I think most people know my personality and I’m going to try and be back as quick as I can.”

UserPostedImage
nerdmann
10 years ago
Nourish kidney yin to support bone.

Low voltage DC current.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool
10 years ago
Rodgers put his pads back on after xrays and threw the ball with Randall Cobb and "was just in too much pain." Then he changed and came back onto the field.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
10 years ago
Rodgers says the reception he got from the fans coming back onto the field was one of his top moments. Says the reception was "something special". Rodgers was audibly emotional while saying it too. You can tell it meant something to him.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
10 years ago

UserPostedImage
nerdmann
10 years ago

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Flak jacket, bitch.

Favre would be out there. Throwing INTs, but he'd be out there.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool
10 years ago
This surprised me.

UserPostedImage
10 years ago
I feel so bad for him.

I mean, missing one game through injury in six years is an achievement in itself, considering the state of our offensive lines since 2008.

I'd rather he be completely healed, then thrown himself/be thrown in with lingering remnants of the injury.

Season on the line or not, the centerpiece must be protected and must protect himself. I am all for playing through pain, but he is too valuable to be thrown in without fully healing, no matter how tough he is.
UserPostedImage 
Zero2Cool is my captain.
sschind
10 years ago

Flak jacket, bitch.

Favre would be out there. Throwing INTs, but he'd be out there.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Its not a rib injury so I don't know how much a flak jacket would help. I would think that anything that would protect the shoulder would also limit movement.

Since its not his throwing shoulder a little limited mobility probably wouldn't hurt his performance too much. Besides, Rodgers with limited mobility in his non throwing shoulder is still probably better than 25 starters in the league and every backup.

It will most likely come down to how much pain he can withstand and the odds of injuring himself more severely.

My opinion based on what I have heard so far, he my be back by Thanksgiving or the following week for sure.

nerdmann
10 years ago

Its not a rib injury so I don't know how much a flak jacket would help. I would think that anything that would protect the shoulder would also limit movement.

Since its not his throwing shoulder a little limited mobility probably wouldn't hurt his performance too much. Besides, Rodgers with limited mobility in his non throwing shoulder is still probably better than 25 starters in the league and every backup.

It will most likely come down to how much pain he can withstand and the odds of injuring himself more severely.

My opinion based on what I have heard so far, he my be back by Thanksgiving or the following week for sure.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

Yeah it's apparently not a chip fracture. A flak jacked would not protect him if he was driven to the ground like he was on the play in which he was injured. He needs to take some time and let it heal.

Sounds like it might just be a hairline deal. I'm hoping for a quick recovery.
Fan Shout
beast (6h) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (8h) : damn those vikings
beast (8h) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (8h) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (8h) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (8h) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (8h) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (15h) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (16h) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (16h) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.