beast
10 years ago

No.

Even though they stepped their game up today, I find it inexcusable that MD Jennings started only to be yanked for Sean Richardson YET AGAIN. I find it inexcusable that Perry played on the left side the final drive even though he brought pressure from the right side (including his sack). I find it inexcusable that the fat lump formerly known as BJ Raji continues to get snaps while guys like Boyd and Jones get buried on the bench.

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

I didn't notice Jennings get benched this game... I noticed where he made a hit and lost his wind and called Richardson in to get a breather but I thought he came back in and kept playing. Also I think Richardson is just a SS... where Capers prefers guys that can play BOTH FS and SS so he can mix and match and try to confuse the QB, which he can't do with Richardson.

I thought Perry came up the middle on his sack... and you're assuming Capers is making those calls when I assume it's coach Greene making the call for which OLB plays at which spot more so than Capers... gonna say fire coach Greene?

Raji is a better run stopper when 100%... and they were trying to stop the run. And a lot of DL players just aren't that good as rookies and need a healthy offseason to bloom, see Daniels. Worthy hasn't been healthy for one yet...
UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
10 years ago

I didn't notice Jennings get benched this game... I noticed where he made a hit and lost his wind and called Richardson in to get a breather but I thought he came back in and kept playing. Also I think Richardson is just a SS... where Capers prefers guys that can play BOTH FS and SS so he can mix and match and try to confuse the QB, which he can't do with Richardson.

I thought Perry came up the middle on his sack... and you're assuming Capers is making those calls when I assume it's coach Greene making the call for which OLB plays at which spot more so than Capers... gonna say fire coach Greene?

Raji is a better run stopper when 100%... and they were trying to stop the run. And a lot of DL players just aren't that good as rookies and need a healthy offseason to bloom, see Daniels. Worthy hasn't been healthy for one yet...

Originally Posted by: beast 

Jennings shouldn't have started period. How many times has he been yanked recently to be replaced by Richardson? How many times did he ride a 49ers player while trying to tackle? Richardson may not be significantly better but he sure seems to play with more effort and is around the ball.

Perry might have come up the middle for his sack. I just assumed he came from the right. Why? Because seemingly every time he made a big play this year he came from the right side.

Raji is a better run stopper when he feels like playing up to his talent, some thing he hasn't done much the past few years. Z2C posted stats from PFF and Raji and Jones were both horrible vs the run. But I always see Jones moving towards the ball even if he's been taken out at the LOS. And at this point I'll take hustle over potential.

I assume Capers is behind this because it seems to happen at every level: the DL, the LBs, the secondary. Player x plays like crap, player y plays better in relief and player x goes back to starting the next week. And if it is the position coaches making these decisions, then they need to be shitcanned.

“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
PackFanWithTwins
10 years ago
The only thing that Dom didn't do this year is switch us to a 4-3. He has moved players and has tried basically every player he has had at his disposal. Hell for 1/2 the game we were playing with 1 OLB, who noticed CJ Wilson and Datone rushing from the OLB position today. We have better personel for a 4-3 than 3-4.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
DakotaT
10 years ago

The only thing that Dom didn't do this year is switch us to a 4-3. He has moved players and has tried basically every player he has had at his disposal. Hell for 1/2 the game we were playing with 1 OLB, who noticed CJ Wilson and Datone rushing from the OLB position today. We have better personel for a 4-3 than 3-4.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

Yes we do, but because our best defender is the best OLB in the league - I would be very surprised if we switched back to a 4-3.
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
10 years ago

Yes we do, but because our best defender is the best OLB in the league - I would be very surprised if we switched back to a 4-3.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

We don't have the best OLB in the league.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago
it doesn't matter what we think. We are stuck with Dom. Why wait for another year of mediocre performances before people including the HC to finally say they have had enough?
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
10 years ago
"Dom CRAPPERS". LOL![grin1]
UserPostedImage
Since69
10 years ago
A few weeks ago I was as rabid as anyone (well, almost anyone) in my calls for Capers' head, but now I'm not sure firing Capers will help at all. This defense has two glaring needs, and a new DC isn't one of them. We lack a consistent pass rush and a good Free Safety. Our secondary has been toasted consistently since we lost Nick Collins. We never really learned how to play well without him. A fast, ball-hawking safety and another pass rusher (I know, I know...) and we'll be top-10.
UserPostedImage
beast
10 years ago

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

I missed CJ Wilson at OLB... but Datone has played OLB a couple of games this years (and did some in college as well).

I'm not sure we have a very good fit for 4-3 or 3-4...

And the Packers do basically play a 4-2 in nickel (the OLBers are lined up like standed up 4-2 DEs) and against teams that aren't great in the running game Capers does play a lot of nickel defense and for a number of years they have played the nickel defense more than base.

So Packers basically are hybird team...

But I'm not sure what position Perry plays well... and I think Matthews would be better in 3-4.

Daniels I think would be better in 4-3, but really he can play well in both.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
10 years ago

A few weeks ago I was as rabid as anyone (well, almost anyone) in my calls for Capers' head, but now I'm not sure firing Capers will help at all. This defense has two glaring needs, and a new DC isn't one of them. We lack a consistent pass rush and a good Free Safety. Our secondary has been toasted consistently since we lost Nick Collins. We never really learned how to play well without him. A fast, ball-hawking safety and another pass rusher (I know, I know...) and we'll be top-10.

Originally Posted by: Since69 

Accountability.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Fan Shout
packerfanoutwest (9h) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (14h) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (16h) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (16h) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (19h) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (19h) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (19h) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (20h) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (20h) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
22m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

37m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

14h / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.