wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
10 years ago

Remember last April on the second day of the NFL Draft when Eddie Lacy became the newest member of the Green Bay Packers and there were reports stirring about the mainstream media that James Starks was on the trading block? Well, so much has changed since that day — and for the better of

LombardiAve  wrote:

I am more confident in Starks than I am in Harris. If Mike likes Harris that much they don't need to keep Starks and his higher price.
UserPostedImage
sschind
10 years ago

I am more confident in Starks than I am in Harris. If Mike likes Harris that much they don't need to keep Starks and his higher price.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Aside from possible injury concerns (and Harris should have just as many of those) I fail to see how Starks did not impress everyone this season. If its a money thing and Ted Thompson feels the need to let Starks go I can understand that but if its a talent or potential issues we must have a HOFer in Harris.

On the other hand if it comes down to Jones or Starks I'd rather keep Jones. Hopefully we can keep them both.
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago

Aside from possible injury concerns (and Harris should have just as many of those) I fail to see how Starks did not impress everyone this season. If its a money thing and Ted Thompson feels the need to let Starks go I can understand that but if its a talent or potential issues we must have a HOFer in Harris.

On the other hand if it comes down to Jones or Starks I'd rather keep Jones. Hopefully we can keep them both.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

I think we can and should keep both Starks and Harris. Starks should be a lot cheaper than James Jones, and IMO, contributes more to the team than Jones. Starks' injury history should keep his price down, and if he is used the way he was used this past season, hopefully he can stay healthy.

It shouldn't be a money thing, as you can always structure a cap-friendly contract, plus, with several other free agents we will pass on, there easily should be enough.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
luigis
10 years ago
It's crystal clear that the staff has some problem with Starks.

I think they will like the Lacy-Harris combo and Starks will be again in the trading block.

What is a fair trade value for Starks? I think they will let him go for a 3rd round but I honestly think he is worth a 2nd round pick.

Unless they can trade Starks there will be no room for Franklin in this team.
Luis
buckeyepackfan
10 years ago

I think they will like the Lacy-Harris combo and Starks will be again in the trading block.

What is a fair trade value for Starks? I think they will let him go for a 3rd round but I honestly think he is worth a 2nd round pick.

Originally Posted by: luigis 

Starks is an Unrestricted Free Agent, The Packers can sign him or let him go, there is no trading.

Sign and trades do not happen in The NFL.

Tough decision to make, but hopefully Ted decides to keep them all.

There is alway a way.

Lacy, Starks Franklin, Harris, and of course John Kuhn.

Lacy, Franklin and Harris are all signed, Kuhn wants to stay, he won't cost much to keep.

Offer Starks a fair contract, see if any other team offers him starting money.

If that happens, reality says Starks will be gone, but with his injury history, I think Ted can be competitive enough to keep him.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
10 years ago
you are quick buckeye.
UserPostedImage
sschind
10 years ago

I think we can and should keep both Starks and Harris. Starks should be a lot cheaper than James Jones, and IMO, contributes more to the team than Jones. Starks' injury history should keep his price down, and if he is used the way he was used this past season, hopefully he can stay healthy.

It shouldn't be a money thing, as you can always structure a cap-friendly contract, plus, with several other free agents we will pass on, there easily should be enough.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

Like I said, If I had my choice it would be Jones but you are right Starks should be a lot cheaper. I just hope we don't lose both of them. With them our WR and RB positions are top 5 in the league without a doubt. Without them they drop to maybe around 10 or so. That is certainly not bad and for the most part I could live with it but when the opportunity is there to have at least in the top 5 it would be a shame to lose it. We already have a top 5 QB (I know I know top 1 but I am allowing for argument) so it would be nice to be able to compliment him.

The wildcard could be Aaron Rodgers. While I really like James Jones it could be the Rodgers will be able to make just about any WR look good. If that is the case why not take a chance on a rookie or cheaper FA and stick with Starks to boost the RB spot.

sschind
10 years ago

Originally Posted by: luigis 

I have no idea why you keep saying that. What is it that makes it so crystal clear to you that the Staff has problems with Starks? As far as trade I don't think they get a third for him. but its a moot point anyway since he is a FA.

nerdmann
10 years ago

I have no idea why you keep saying that. What is it that makes it so crystal clear to you that the Staff has problems with Starks? As far as trade I don't think they get a third for him. but its a moot point anyway since he is a FA.

Seems like that to me too. They got down on him rookie year for his "work habits." Seems like they've made statements about his pass pro too.

This staff doesn't just randomly make comments like that.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
luigis
10 years ago

Starks is actually a good running back but they were ready to trade him and go with Harris, Lacy and Franklin even before Lacy emerged.
They haven't signed him to an extension and they have leaked comments about his work ethics and problems learning the plays. All this while we get comments about how important Dujuan Harris was going to be for the offense.

Get it real, they don't like Starks at all.

Luis
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (13h) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
7h / Packers Draft Threads / beast

8h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

9h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

9h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

14h / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

22h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.