Rockmolder
9 years ago

I guess it gets old for the national media seeing Green Bay win the NFCN. The coaching change in Detroit may have actually made them worse, not better, as many believe.

The day the Lions hired Jim Caldwell was a day of celebration for me. Worst HC in the division. Suh is unhappy and may be unloaded. If he isn't there their D is significantly downgraded. Lions took Pettigrew who was supposed to be so special a few years ago and he's done diddly.

Chicago is the team to fear in the North. Jeffery and Marshall are far more intimidating than Megatron and Golden Tate + Ebron.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

I don't know if that last part is true, but I agree on you with the coaching hire. I don't know if Caldwell is an upgrade. He might fix up some of those interceptions that Stafford keeps throwing and install a more smooth passing attack, but was that really what they needed to upgrade on?

They hired a coach that solidifies their strengths, while I believe it's usually better to get a coach that helps you get the most out of your weak spots.

Now, if you're a good HC, that shouldn't matter, as you'll just have some good schemes and coaching on all fronts, but I don't know if Caldwell is capable of doing that.

He hasn't been at his last few jobs.
buckeyepackfan
9 years ago
I just got the word.

September 21st in Detroit, I will be attending my very 1st Green Bay Packer game!!!!

Then at some point later in the season, I will be making the trek to Green Bay Wisconson to attend a game at the Holy Shrine!!!!!

Lambeau here I come!!!!!!
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
dfosterf
9 years ago
I would just like our team to be healthy for a season. There is no way in the world we should have won the NFCN last year with all of those injuries. Detroit TANKED, to an embarrassing degree, imo.

I'm so scared about injuries now, I don't care if we just bag the whole training camp and preseason and throw 'em out there for the 1st regular season game. Have 'em all sit on their asses and play Madden in lieu of practice, etc. lol

Seriously, we do seem snake-bit in the injury dept. I say a very healthy GBP team would contend for a Super Bowl, leaving our rivals in the NFCN in the dust. Perhaps not totally against one another, but more along the lines of the "like opponents" in the other divisions.

I don't know how you plan for "good health for key personnel". I just know I'd like to see it, and see what happens.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago

I just got the word.

September 21st in Detroit, I will be attending my very 1st Green Bay Packer game!!!!

Then at some point later in the season, I will be making the trek to Green Bay Wisconson to attend a game at the Holy Shrine!!!!!

Lambeau here I come!!!!!!

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

awesome. congratulations
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
9 years ago
Detroit beat us minus Aaron Rodgers...We beat Detroit minus Calvin Johnson. Detroit was horribly banged up at Lambeau, as we were in Detroit, and they gave us a much better game than we gave them in Detroit.

I'm glad Detroit gets to come to Lambeau last week of the season. I don't like we have them at Detroit Week 3 after playing two very tough physical teams in Seattle and at home vs. Jets. We get 3 grinders to start the season. Maybe, the first two physical games will work to our advantage, but I'm afraid we're going to be a little beaten down headed to Detroit. Good news is we get that 10 day break after opening on Sunday night which should help recharge us. I guess it could also be advantageous to get Detroit early because of the coaching change.

In reading about Ebron one of his flaws is he doesn't catch it all that well. Hopefully, he'll go Finley on Detroit and drop a big pass to help us.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

El3ment12
9 years ago
We aren't going to lose the division if Rodgers starts 16 games (which he probably will...that injury was an anomaly.) Simple as that. All I'm worried about is whether or not our D can be healthy and ready to go in the playoffs.
luigis
9 years ago
I must applaud the effort the Lions put last season to lose the division, it was a very difficult task given that we were losing without Rodgers.

But they did, it, they pulled a grand-slide as if they were the Vikings.

Some teams are a joke and they will keep being a joke for a good good time.

The division is only a fight between us and the Bears and they still suck.

Luis
nerdmann
9 years ago

I would just like our team to be healthy for a season. There is no way in the world we should have won the NFCN last year with all of those injuries. Detroit TANKED, to an embarrassing degree, imo.

I'm so scared about injuries now, I don't care if we just bag the whole training camp and preseason and throw 'em out there for the 1st regular season game. Have 'em all sit on their asses and play Madden in lieu of practice, etc. lol

Seriously, we do seem snake-bit in the injury dept. I say a very healthy GBP team would contend for a Super Bowl, leaving our rivals in the NFCN in the dust. Perhaps not totally against one another, but more along the lines of the "like opponents" in the other divisions.

I don't know how you plan for "good health for key personnel". I just know I'd like to see it, and see what happens.

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

Health (or lack thereof) is THE hurtle keeping this team from multiple championships.

A secondary issue is this team shitting itself from week 1-3 and starting out the season behind the 8-ball. And then there are the lulls.

But all that could be overcome, with health, or some modicum thereof.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
evad04
9 years ago
Right now it seems like our best bet at a title is matching the likes of Seattle or San Fran with enough of a healthy defense to let our offense be the difference maker.

I hate to make light of the 16 game regular season. It's where I live and die, week to week. We play in a tough division and our schedule is not exactly a cakewalk.

But we need to get to the tourney. And when we arrive, we need more pieces than we had last season.

I'm encouraged by the fact that Peppers doesn't miss time at all. Perhaps we get lucky and CMIII plays more than his standard 10-12. Hopefully an enormous hole at safety is shored up by Ha-Ha, allowing Burnett to shine (or plainly, not be a shitty player out forced into an unnatural position).

Each season brings a new start. Some excitement for what may come. The story of the 2014 team won't be that we were finesse, like years past. That is, if we can stay healthy.

With all of our horses, we at least make a matchup against Seattle interesting. Great defenses usually win out (See last year's Super Bowl demolition). But if we're not a triage defense, I think the offense might elevate us above the NFC's best.

At least we should be in the mix.
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.
"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
rabidgopher04
9 years ago

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

Lots of bubble wrap.

Amazing Bacon Delivery  Service! Never be without good bacon again.
Fan Shout
packerfanoutwest (8h) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (13h) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (15h) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (15h) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (17h) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (17h) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (17h) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (18h) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (18h) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

12h / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

28-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.