uffda udfa
9 years ago

Nothing you have said has proved Indiana had "terrible QB play". You are just going off on irrelevant tangents.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

Yes, indeed. And...YOU have not answered either question that has been asked of you repeatedly.

I consider comp % of less than 60% in college to be brutal. I don't think Wisconsin's QB was good, and Indiana's by comp % measure was worse than UW's.

Finally, nothing I type here will "prove" to you IU had terrible QB play because you're subjective view is they didn't.

However, Derek Carr was #8 in the nation in completion %. Your highly touted Hoosier, Sudfeld, ranked 67th. That's only 59 spots away. Your boy, Stave, checked in at 54, thirteen slots higher than Indiana's guy and we both know Stave ain't very good.

Oh, and one little additional fun fact... Rettig, the camp arm, we're bringing in from Rutgers finished one notch below Stave at 55th in nation for completion %.

Will Nate Sudfeld go on Day 2 of the NFL draft? Will he even be drafted?
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

steveishere
9 years ago

Yes, indeed. And...YOU have not answered either question that has been asked of you repeatedly.

I consider comp % of less than 60% in college to be brutal. I don't think Wisconsin's QB was good, and Indiana's by comp % measure was worse than UW's.

Finally, nothing I type here will "prove" to you IU had terrible QB play because you're subjective view is they didn't.

However, Derek Carr was #8 in the nation in completion %. Your highly touted Hoosier, Sudfeld, ranked 67th. That's only 59 spots away. Your boy, Stave, checked in at 54, thirteen slots higher than Indiana's guy and we both know Stave ain't very good.

Oh, and one little additional fun fact... Rettig, the camp arm, we're bringing in from Rutgers finished one notch below Stave at 55th in nation for completion %.

Will Nate Sudfeld go on Day 2 of the NFL draft? Will he even be drafted?

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

The questions you've been asking are completely irrelevant. I just wanted to know why Indiana had terrible QB play. It doesn't matter to me if Wisconsins QBs sucked when I don't think they were as good as Indianas. That's just a pointless question. Don't tell me you can't type anything to prove whether someone had good, average, bad, or terrible play there are plenty of ways to prove that. Straight completion percentage without context isn't too meaningful nor is anything without any context. For example Stave threw to RBs more than Indiana QBs did, that will certainly boost completion %.

Besides Wisconsins QB effeciency rating (133.8) was a full 11 points lower than Indianas (144.5) which is about the same difference between the Indiana's QB efficiency and Carrs (156.1). So by that measure which is significantly more accurate than completion % Indianas QB play was just as comparable to Carr as Wisconsins was to Indianas. There I answered your pointless question, now tell me what was so terrible about the Indiana QBs.
uffda udfa
9 years ago
The question is not irrelevant if you used comp % as one of your measures and your IU boy is well below Stave and even Chase freaking Rettig who didn't get drafted. So, now you're on QB rating instead of the original comp % and TD's which I elaborated on previously?

Stave sucks...you seem to in between the lines admit that, and then, put in context that IU's main guy, Sudfeld was 67th in the nation in comp % and, yeah, I would say that's terrible. Latimer is an incredible WR so I'm sure he caught balls that our boy, Abby, didn't.

Taking this back to where we started... Adams had a HUGE advantage over Latimer in QB play. HUGE. The offense used by Fresno was no small factor, either. I asked you if Adams would put up those numbers playing for IU last year? Still...no answer. It is relevant.

It's troubling that Davante Adams is not even a Top 100 WR when it comes to YPC. Ironically, neither was Latimer who is a good 2.1 yards better than Adams. Davante ain't explosive, hence, will NEVER be close to Sterling Sharpe who was. 😆

I'm sorry you think Indiana's QB play was _______? You keep hammering me for calling it terrible but you've not assigned what you think it was. What was it in your eyes? Again, would Davante Adams have the same numbers, or even close to them, playing for Indiana? Off subject, but Jordan Matthews had 112 catches in the SEC. Now, that is impressive and he's faster. He was one of the guys I wanted along with Latimer.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

steveishere
9 years ago
I referenced the QB efficiency rating because it includes completion %, TD, and INTs which is all the things I first mentioned instead of just cherry picking 1 thing.

Yeah Davante Adams had advantages that Lattimer did not but it's not as huge as you are making it seem. Indiana had average/above average QB play last year IMO far from terrible, I think you are just being somewhat prone to hyperbole to try and make your point. YPC is as meaningless to me as completion percentage without context. Maybe DA had a low YPC but did he have an abnormal amount of catches near the line of scrimmage? Did he not ever break any tackles? Did he not get separation or YAC? Those are ? that would make YPC relevant.

I think it all evens out in the end since they are both similar level prospects. If you think Lattimer will have a significantly better career than Adams that's fine but I just don't see any reason to think that. They both look like good players hence 2 NFL teams thought they were good enough to be 2nd round picks. I liked both players about the same before the draft and liked them both better than guys like Marqise Lee, Dante Moncrief and Kelvin Benjamin
uffda udfa
9 years ago
Dakota will hate this but I think Latimer's speed is the separator between these two. Yes, Davante supposedly caught a ton of bubble screens. He never looked very good catching them from the clips I saw but those were against better competition like USC.

Yes, both drafted in Round 2...you and I both know there are hundreds of 1st round WR busts, so getting drafted in Round 2 is no sure sign either is going to be good in the NFL.

Finally, I can agree with you on a few things... Yup, hyperbole...love it in making a point. Creates discussions like the one you and I just had that kept me up all night. I liked Latimer better than everyone on your list save for Moncrief. I really liked him. Adams is in the Kelvin Benjamin range for me... guys I didn't want as well as Brandin Cooks. It sucks when you happen to like a particular player or group of players and the one selected is one you didn't like and then one you did goes right after...and one you really liked went a full round later. Makes the draft fun. Lots of emotion based on nothing but projection. I hope Adams is Sterling cough Sharpe. I really do.

One final tangential hyperbolic point... Our guy playtowin loves the TD catches. Marshall had a TE named, Gator Hoskins. 15 TD catches...led the nation for TE's. UNDRAFTED. TD catches are not really a litmus test for success in the NFL. James Jones had that one big year catching TD's...did that make him better than RC18 or Jordy?
UserPostedImage

play2win
9 years ago
You guys really bashed this shit all night? Woah!

No thanks. I'm done. Will gladly wait to see who has a better season year 1.

As for the Monday after, looking at this draft as a whole, we got some real players. A bunch of surprise picks. A few steals. Some good value. A lot of controversy regarding where some players were picked. A lot of uncertainty, yet a good measure of selections that bring confidence.

Personally, after having a chance to research these players, I have to say that I'm pretty happy. Far more so than the day of. We will be a much improved team this year.
steveishere
9 years ago
I'm working graveyard with nothing going on lol what else is there to do.😆
uffda udfa
9 years ago
That son of a son of a kept me up all night...have to get my kids up for school at 630a...figured I'd just stay up all night and bond with Steve. Unfair he used me to kill his work night, while I was supposed to be sleeping. I feel sucker punched.
UserPostedImage

play2win
9 years ago

That son of a son of a kept me up all night...have to get my kids up for school at 630a...figured I'd just stay up all night and bond with Steve. Unfair he used me to kill his work night, while I was supposed to be sleeping. I feel sucker punched.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Yeah. I kind of figured looking at those hours! I used to work graveyard a while ago. Tough stuff IMO. So, Steve used you...

😆

Too funny.
musccy
9 years ago
I don't see Adams as Sterling II as some apparently do, but I also see potential, and it has nothing to do with college production, which I agree is a poor barometer.

James Jones - from and played Tomato Can State, 6'1" 208, 35" vertical, 4.59 40, 22 bench reps
Davante Adams - from and played Tomato Can State, 6'1" 212, 39.5" vertical, and 4.5mid 40, 14 bench reps

Edgar Bennett said one of the things they liked were his hands and able to get the ball.

Adams may not be a YAC guy, but Jones wasn't really except for the fact that he was strong and could shake some tackles. The measurables appear to be similar to James, and if his hands are at least as good, then the potential is there for him to be a good asset. The team has guys like Cobb, Jordy, and maybe even Janis who could be your YAC guys, so having another Boykin/Jones possession type isn't a bad thing to have, especially with us questionably thin at TE.

I didn't really care for their other day 1-2 moves, but Adams I see as a reasonable option.

Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (15h) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (15h) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (19h) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

1-May / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.