uffda udfa
9 years ago

Damn, figure it out will you.

Nobody is saying YOU can't see talent from YOUR perspective,.

Everyone of these guys that get this far are super talented, but there's a reason some make it to the NFL and succeed and some don't.

There's more to the game than just talent, I'm guessing that's what all the cameras are for.

Waiting for your last word, becasue as you have proven, you must get it in.

Carry on this

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

I have this odd feeling that when you type such things as "you just have to have the last word" that you're closing your eyes, putting your head between your knees and praying I don't reply. [grin1]

If you're going to type some ridiculous stuff directed at me, I'll likely respond out of fun. If you respond I just hope each of your posts is better than the last. You've set the bar awfully low so that should be attainable. [grin1]
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Dexter_Sinister
9 years ago

Damn, figure it out will you.

Nobody is saying YOU can't see talent from YOUR perspective,.

Everyone of these guys that get this far are super talented, but there's a reason some make it to the NFL and succeed and some don't.

There's more to the game than just talent, I'm guessing that's what all the cameras are for.

Waiting for your last word, becasue as you have proven, you must get it in.

Carry on this

One cannot fill a cup that is already full.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
Zero2Cool
9 years ago
If the Packers keep four TE's, what number TE do you feel he'll have on the depth chart?
UserPostedImage
play2win
9 years ago

If the Packers keep four TE's, what number TE do you feel he'll have on the depth chart?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

So, the bloody Mary's are strong this morning?

😆 😆 😆
uffda udfa
9 years ago

One cannot fill a cup that is already full.

Originally Posted by: Dexter_Sinister 

Thank you, Confucius. Philosophy is your much stronger suit.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

sschind
9 years ago

Anywhere from 2 to 4 depending on his progress. If Finley doesn't come back I could even see him stepping up to #1 if he has the talent that some people think he has and he shows it. Personally I don't think he had or has 1st or 2nd round talent. I don't say that based on how he played because I had never heard of him until the Packers brought him in but IMO if he were that good someone else would have taken a chance on him. Maybe not in the draft but certainly as an UDFA.

The league is filled with problem players but the better the athlete they are the more it tends to get overlooked. A true 1st or 2nd round talent may have fallen but he wouldn't have been written off completely by 31 teams, although we don't know if any other teams had invited or intended to invite him in for a tryout.

Look at his transgressions as far as we know them.

Drugs, lots of players failed drug tests and are still in the league. Some of them even got drafted.

Being stupid on twitter. Lots of athletes say stupid things on twitter and they are still playing.

Having an unpopular opinion (Sandy Hook) See above. Riley Cooper comes to mind instantly.

Quitting on his team. Did he quit? Was he let go? I've heard both sides and I have yet to hear an official side. I am sure lots of players have left their teams in the past without suffering an negative consequences. Heck, didn't Aaron Rodgers leave his first college team? I know, he received a scholarship from Berkley and I am not comparing the two as if they are equals because there really is no comparison but he did leave his first team. I'm not sure if players receive 4 year scholarships but lots of them leave early for the NFL so in effect they are walking away from their teams as well. Again, without knowing the details you can't say they are the same especially since they didn't leave in the middle of the season but my point is there have been lots of players who have left their teams and they don't get blacklisted.

I'm not saying I agree with anything Lyerla has done just that there is a precedent for having him on your team in every case.

I do not see this as an issue for the Packers at all. If he does not perform they cut him like any other player who doesn't perform. If he slips up in the character department whether they part ways will depend on two things, how good he is and how bad the slip up was. Its as simple as that though he will probably have a little less leeway than most players given the high profile he has with his past right now.
buckeyepackfan
9 years ago

Packers only keep 4 TE's on their 53 man roster, that would probably mean Lyerla didn't make the team, so I would put him at #5 on the PS, or being cut.

Talent not being the reason, but I will have to watch a pre-season game or 2, so I can evaluate him and let you know later.
😆 😆 😆
JK

The guy shows he can be an NFL player, be a part of a team, in other words, if he grows up, I could see him being #3 or #4 to begin the season, then moving up as the year goes on.

Still think he is going to be on a real short leash, his biggest hurdle is to show he has put all his childish behavior behind him.

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
play2win
9 years ago

Packers only keep 4 TE's on their 53 man roster, that would probably mean Lyerla didn't make the team, so I would put him at #5 on the PS, or being cut.

Talent not being the reason, but I will have to watch a pre-season game or 2, so I can evaluate him and let you know later.
😆 😆 😆
JK

The guy shows he can be an NFL player, be a part of a team, in other words, if he grows up, I could see him being #3 or #4 to begin the season, then moving up as the year goes on.

Still think he is going to be on a real short leash, his biggest hurdle is to show he has put all his childish behavior behind him.

I highly doubt that buckeye.

Quarless is #1 on the depth chart. I would say his hold on that #1 position is somewhat precarious.

After Quarless, I see 2-4 as being wide, wide open. It would not surprise me to see this as our 4 TEs going into the 2014 season:

1. Quarless
2. Lyerla
3. Bostick
4. Rodgers

I can also see Stonebreaker possibly cracking this top 4, but more likely at the expense of Bostick, depending on how Stonebreaker and Bostick develop. Ted likes to keep his newly acquired talents over those who plateau or stagnate.
buckeyepackfan
9 years ago

I highly doubt that buckeye.

Quarless is #1 on the depth chart. I would say his hold on that #1 position is somewhat precarious.

After Quarless, I see 2-4 as being wide, wide open. It would not surprise me to see this as our 4 TEs going into the 2014 season:

1. Quarless
2. Lyerla
3. Bostick
4. Rodgers

I can also see Stonebreaker possibly cracking this top 4, but more likely at the expense of Bostick.

Originally Posted by: play2win 

I said basically the same thing, only worded it different, bottom line Lyerla makes the team, Packers will probably keep 5 TE's on the 53 man roster.

3 or 4 to start the season, with a chance to move up????????

How is that different?? oh you have him #2 right away, I have him moving up as the season goes on.

Again, gonna go back to the same thing, talent not the question here.

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
play2win
9 years ago
My point is Ted Thompson knows neither of Lyerla or Rodgers will last on the PS. That is my own line of thinking.

To me, the mere signing of Lyerla by Thompson to GBs roster was just the credence other teams needed and would assume in stealing him away from our PS to sign to their own team.

As for Rodgers, Thompson took him at the end of R3 because other teams were poised to jump on him to be a #2 TE. Again, I believe Rodgers has too much talent to last on our PS, without blindly overvaluing him because he is one of ours...

That leaves Quarless, Bostick and Stoney as the top remaining candidates to win 2 roster positions.

Quarless was our starting TE when we last won the SB. He is our best blocking TE. I see him as the clear #1 at this point.

That leaves the last two, neither of which showed enough in 2013 to warrant a clear picture on where they sit on our depth chart at TE, fighting for the last position. Taylor is simply too one dimensional. Not a particularly good in line blocker, not a good receiver, but solid in STs.