dhazer
9 years ago
we are just going to fill our defense with draft picks and let them mesh together so we should be ok in 4 years.:)

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
DarkaneRules
9 years ago

Who says the Packers have the best of it so far? Christ, the 2015 season isn't even 6 hours old and you're freaking out like a 16 year old on prom night when her date is only 5 minutes late.

R-E-L-A-X

Let's see how things shake out.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Exactly!
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
all_about_da_packers
9 years ago

I am on the Richard Rodgers bandwagon with you.

Originally Posted by: cheeseheads123 

It's interesting to view Richard Rogers stats in college: he was an absolute beast in YAC. I'm not talking like 2-3 either; I'm talking more like 7-10 YAC during his last college year. That's insane, and was amongst the best of the TE group last year (including Ebron and others).

I'm not sure what the data suggests on college production transferring into the NFL, but you assume that if it does with Rodgers, he will thrive in this offense. His body type, at least, suggests he'll be tough to bring down; then again, his last year at Cal he was much lighter than he is now.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
DarkaneRules
9 years ago
And he got SO much better as the year went on. I am sure the coaching staff saw the same if not more from him.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
all_about_da_packers
9 years ago

Ok Ted Thompson you stick to signing your guys lol, thats the reason we will always be a team that might make the playoffs but won't do much after. This puts the Seahawks back to the NFC top team. I think we will stay a top 4 team in the NFC but not the top 2.

Seahawks and Cowboys then us and Arizona

Super Bowl teams upgrade their teams by addition not by staying stagment.

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

I'm curious dhazer, what do you think of Janis? I mean, do you think Janis as a raw rookie prospect in year 1 (who made plays, at least in pre-season and has an amazing physical skill set) who should develop enough to see playing time and contribute in a manner a newly added player could, or do you simply see Jeff Janis as a throwaway who doesn't matter?

Does Janis not count on the same level as an acquisition? I ask because you could argue Janis may be able to serve the same function from the slot as would a receiving TE.
uffda udfa
9 years ago
Saints probably felt his medical was going to be an issue going forward. Nobody deals away a gamechanger like that unless there's something up.

Who else do they have on O? Methuselah Colston and Mark Ingram? Oh, and the kid, Brandin Cooks? Seems awful strange to me that they unloaded him. He's gotta be tainted meat.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

all_about_da_packers
9 years ago

Saints probably felt his medical was going to be an issue going forward. Nobody deals away a gamechanger like that unless there's something up.

Who else do they have on O? Methuselah Colston and Mark Ingram? Oh, and the kid, Brandin Cooks? Seems awful strange to me that they unloaded him. He's gotta be tainted meat.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Or the Saints were desperate for Salary Cap space. I read somewhere that Saints were around $20 million (if not more) over the cap once the cap projection for this year came out. Apparently, Saints are still $5 million over the cap after the trade with Seattle.
musccy
9 years ago

Or the Saints were desperate for Salary Cap space. I read somewhere that Saints were around $20 million (if not more) over the cap once the cap projection for this year came out. Apparently, Saints are still $5 million over the cap after the trade with Seattle.

Originally Posted by: all_about_da_packers 

Tramon is visiting them tonight, supposedly. If they cut graham for cap reasons, why bring in a cb wanting 8ish per year?
sschind
9 years ago

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Kenny Stills will be their leading receiver this year.

all_about_da_packers
9 years ago

Tramon is visiting them tonight, supposedly. If they cut graham for cap reasons, why bring in a cb wanting 8ish per year?

Originally Posted by: musccy 

Many possible reasons exist:

1. Tramon has realized the market will not dish out $8 million for a 32 year old CB and has lowered his demands;
2. Saints want to add depth at a position they are horribly thin at;
3. Saints want to gain leverage over their starting CB Keenan Lewis who said he wants to have the remaining 3 years on his contract guaranteed or else be released (source );
4. Saints are looking to generate positive PR post-trade by bringing in a local kid; and/or
5. Saints are doing favor to Tramon's agent.

Graham still counts for for $9 million in dead money on Saints cap this year. (source )

I was mistaken in that the Saints were over the cap. They were $2.5 million under the cap as of yesterday, (source ) but that doesn't factor in the ~$1.5 million additional cap charge for trading him.

Either way, Saints are really tight under the cap and are going to need to make more moves if they want to sign Tramon. Not to mention the fact that they also need a few million in cap space to sign their draft picks. I'm not sure it's a slam dunk that Tramon is leaving, frankly.