steveishere
9 years ago

Wow...just wow. The Raider OL CLEARLY turned him to throw him down and did and Datone flipped him over on contact with the ground. I'm never ceased to be amazed at the way people view things.

I love the Packers, but I can CLEARLY see what happened there. Yes, Datone ended up on top of him. What happened is the equivalent of a guy landing on top of a guy in a hockey fight after he got whupped. Landing on top of someone doesn't mean you won. The Raider OL beat Datone on that one and Datone landed on top.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

No, it's the equivalent of a offensive lineman landing onto his back after he got whupped. The RB had to redirect himself 1 step after he took a deep handoff because his RT ran into him. If Datone Jones did that exact same thing to every player he faced on every play nobody would say he's getting "whupped" he'd probably be accepting his DPOY award at the end of the year. I'm never ceased to be amazed at the way people view things.
DarkaneRules
9 years ago

As a former linemen, I can speak to that you job isn't always to go forward, it's your job to knock the defender out of the play and the OL tried to do that by throwing Jones to his back left and he was expecting the RB to go to his right.

As a former linemen and heavyweight wrestler I can clearly say the OL tried a throw and failed to finish it as Jones kept his balance, controlled his momentum, pumped his brakes, use a counter by his left arm to push/pull the OL keeping the OL momentum going, which knocks him off balance (because he didn't keep moving his feet) and Jones clearly squares back-up moving back into his gap...

Clearly the OL half knocked Jones out of his gap but Jones regained control got back into his gap and finished the play. There is no question about it, if that happened in one on one the win would clearly go to the DL on that. It was a good attempted and he seemed to catch Jones off guard but clearly if you watch it closely Jones recovered from it with out going to the ground.

Originally Posted by: beast 

I sit irrefutably corrected!
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
uffda udfa
9 years ago

As a former linemen, I can speak to that you job isn't always to go forward, it's your job to knock the defender out of the play and the OL tried to do that by throwing Jones to his back left and he was expecting the RB to go to his right.

As a former linemen and heavyweight wrestler I can clearly say the OL tried a throw and failed to finish it as Jones kept his balance, controlled his momentum, pumped his brakes, use a counter by his left arm to push/pull the OL keeping the OL momentum going, which knocks him off balance (because he didn't keep moving his feet) and Jones clearly squares back-up moving back into his gap...

Clearly the OL half knocked Jones out of his gap but Jones regained control got back into his gap and finished the play. There is no question about it, if that happened in one on one the win would clearly go to the DL on that. It was a good attempted and he seemed to catch Jones off guard but clearly if you watch it closely Jones recovered from it with out going to the ground.

You had me until... "got back into his gap and finished the play"... Datone was tossed to the ground...Raiders OL used Datone's forward momentum against him turned him and took him to the ground...Datone rolled over on top of him. Datone was nowhere in the play at all... even if you want to get giddy because he landed on top, he was on the ground out of the play.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

dfosterf
9 years ago
That fat ass can be gone, for all I care. I like Raji, but hopefully Dom is now re-thinking his 3 man rush thing he has lost so many games for us with. Fat-ass Raji was an integral part of moron Dom's strategy. Ted's too, for that matter... None of it worked, last time I checked.

Bring HEAT on the QB. Every play. How friggin' hard is that to figure out? Raji takes out personnel? Let's get D linemen that do that for themselves. This man was always over-rated. We suck with him in there. I don't think that equates to a great loss when he is not.

We seem to be bringing heat to the QB in this pre-season, and it seems to be working. It always seemed to work in the past during real games, but Lord Capers seemed to always turn it off when he had the lead. Stubbornly so. HOPEFULLY he has no option to try and bring that 3 man rush that he loves so much if Raji is on his keester on a couch. Raji blew up little, except his stomach and contract. Blowing up an offensive line? Chile, please.
steveishere
9 years ago

You had me until... "got back into his gap and finished the play"... Datone was tossed to the ground...Raiders OL used Datone's forward momentum against him turned him and took him to the ground...Datone rolled over on top of him. Datone was nowhere in the play at all... even if you want to get giddy because he landed on top, he was on the ground out of the play.

They were trying to run the ball towards Raji but the guy blocking Jones ran into his own RB 4 yards in the backfield, that's blowing up the play and it's a positive play from Jones whether he gets any "stats" from it or not. Not too hard to understand.
beast
9 years ago

If Datone was knocked to the ground his momentum would of stopped and not taken him to be on top...

The OL tried to throw him down and Jones goes out of camera view (which is why you think he went to the ground) but as a former wrestler I know there is no way to hit that counter, that Jones used, with out your being on your feet.

Watch as the OL goes to the ground, Jones is bent over but he's still up as he falls to his knees (after the OL is on the ground).

Jones didn't go to the ground until after the OL did and the RB was already going around. And Jones and Matthews clearly blew up the OL on that play... the other guys behind them couldn't clean up the remaining mess.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
9 years ago

They were trying to run the ball towards Raji but the guy blocking Jones ran into his own RB 4 yards in the backfield, that's blowing up the play and it's a positive play from Jones whether he gets any "stats" from it or not. Not too hard to understand.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

I can't wait until the next time Datone blows up the play and the RB is 40 yards down the field standing in our endzone for 6. Blowing up the play would've been MJD down for a loss in the backfield, so my definition and yours is a little bit different.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

DarkaneRules
9 years ago
I can't wait until a team scores on us too... Wait...
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
beast
9 years ago
Probably a horrible idea... NT Alan Branch be an upgrade at back-up NT if Raji goes to the IR?

Sounds like the Bills cut him because he's getting drunk at horrible times and might struggle to control a drinking problem... but hey some drunks can play well...

Like I said probably a horrible idea...but the guy has been a starter for 44 of the last 48 games (two season on the Seahawks and one on the Bills).
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
9 years ago

Probably a horrible idea... NT Alan Branch be an upgrade at back-up NT if Raji goes to the IR?

Sounds like the Bills cut him because he's getting drunk at horrible times and might struggle to control a drinking problem... but hey some drunks can play well...

Like I said probably a horrible idea...but the guy has been a starter for 44 of the last 48 games (two season on the Seahawks and one on the Bills).

I think a few guys on our team were hungover back in the KC SB if memory serves. I think Max once talked about it. I know he was...he got heavily liquored up and had the game of his life.

Branch is a guy who can play. I'd trust him over Mike Pennel and Josh Boyd. The funny thing about hearing we don't want a slow slug like Pickett because we're trying to get smaller and faster on the DL just doesn't make much sense when I looked at the signing of Mike Pennel who may be thrust into a prominent role.

UserPostedImage

Fan Shout
dfosterf (36m) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (39m) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (40m) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (1h) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (1h) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (12h) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (13h) : damn those vikings
beast (14h) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (14h) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (14h) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (14h) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (14h) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (21h) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (21h) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (21h) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
51m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.