DakotaT
9 years ago

We win both remaining games we're a 2 seed.

We lose to Detroit we're a 6.

In the Seattle being a 1 seed scenario...they are going to get the winner of the NFCS game and Arizona or Detroit most likely. So, Seattle is almost an automatic to host NFC Championship game as long as they beat Cards next Sunday night.

Packers would get winner of Dallas and Detroit/Arizona game. We really screwed the pooch. Not only would we have to go to Seattle in the NFC Championship, we made it so the only team that could take Seattle out before having to play us (Dallas) go on a path where they wouldn't see Seattle until NFC Championship.

What a colossal loss by this franchise...the kind where you look back over Rodgers career and wonder why there was only one ring in his tenure. This loss pretty much ended our opportunity for this year. We ain't beating Seattle at Seattle...no way no how and that makes us a pretender.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

You're that fucking guy that pisses on Cheerios, right? [grin1] We've definitely made things a lot more difficult on ourselves by shitting the bed yesterday. And it really doesn't make much difference if we blame Rodgers, the Coaches, or the receivers. I'm just tired of watching this same movie of getting beat by physical football teams. Apparently, the officials are suppose to call pass interference and holding on the d-backs, but if you get a reputation for having a tough defense, that goes by the wayside and the mugging of your receivers commences.

Hopefully we get the 2nd seed, and Arizona keeps the 1st seed, but your scenario more than likely plays out and we get another beatdown in Seattle sometime in January. Would really like to pound the Cowboys in Lambeau first.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
9 years ago
Whether you ladies like it or not, Uffda is dead on with his critiques. The excuse makers for poor Packers play in here is a perfect example of the wussification of America - always a bull shit excuse lack of accountability. All the rah rah crap going forward doesn't change the fact the Packers blew any opportunity they had at getting home field throughout, their only chance of going to the Super Bowl as I see it.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
9 years ago
The Minnesota Vikings played a much better game in Buffalo than did the Packers. Buffalo needed a last second TD to escape the Vikings who have little at RB or WR not to mention a ROOKIE QB.

The girlfriend issue IS an issue because of who we're talking about. Aaron is a whiny sensitive little B when asked a simple question about his personal life. He won't and doesn't go there at all...ever. All of a sudden his fake girlfriend gives a story that they don't screw on game days. Yes lots of guys have girl friends but how many go public with sex lives details? Very different things. You tell me he wasn't about to lose his mind about that an that the trash talking Bills defenders didn't bring that up to him all game. Rodgers wasn't just bad...he was beyond bad. A 34.3 passer rating...his worst in his time in the NFL?

The guy has some brutal performances on the road throughout this career...the bad news is the next place he plays he's thrown 3 picks both times he's been in Raymond James, had a passer rating in the mid 50's for both, and had his team lose by 9 or more. For some reason he and the Packers play very poorly in Tampa. I'm not sure we get out of that place with a win. Laugh if you'd like...but I had that one penciled as a loss before the season. Tampa is horrible but this is a Lovie Smith coached D. Rodgers had a lot of poor performances vs. his teams.

To lose yesterday with what was on the line tells you all you need to know about this team. It's one thing to lose in Buffalo where it is tough to play, but if you are a legit championship contender with the things riding we had riding you DO NOT play like that. The Pats put 37 on the Bills there earlier in the year...the place is NOT Seattle. Any really good D and the Packers just SUCK on offense. It's shameful, really.

I'm going to speculate on something...I was watching a Cowboys post game show late last night...guy comes on from Philly and said the difference between this Cowboys team and last years? Last year when the Cowboys lost they would get really down on themselves. Locker room was a very down down atmosphere...this year, after they got ripped by Philly they were pissed. Guy said it was a very angry locker room so different than years past. I would be willing to bet there is ZERO emotion in that Packers locker room. It's all okay...they'll just R E L A X. That wussified reaction there in the Packers locker room is reflective of the robotic tandem of Ted Thompson and MM...two emotionless robots. This team should be LIVID over what happened yesterday and I would bet you anything they ain't concerned at all. The mark of a team so much bigger than itself. It's been an arrogant prick of a team ever since it won the SB and has never recaptured that hunger it had prior to the big win and it will never get it back under Ted Thompson and MM.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

steveishere
9 years ago
If only we drafted Johnny Manziel instead of Haha
uffda udfa
9 years ago

If only we drafted Johnny Manziel instead of Haha

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

What does that have to do with yesterday? You can make all the jokes you'd like...it won't be very funny if/when the Packers have to travel to Seattle for the NFC Championship because Jordy freaking Nelson can't make a catch any WR at any level of football should make. One play...one... and your whole season outlook is different. Champions make those plays...those who want to talk draft scenarios don't.

The Manziel stuff is hilarious to me...guy plays one game and he's a bust. Never mind that Rodgers didn't start for 3 years...Manziel is already written off by geniuses across the internet. Glorious.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

steveishere
9 years ago

What does that have to do with yesterday? You can make all the jokes you'd like...it won't be very funny if/when the Packers have to travel to Seattle for the NFC Championship because Jordy freaking Nelson can't make a catch any WR at any level of football should make. One play...one... and your whole season outlook is different. Champions make those plays...those who want to talk draft scenarios don't.

The Manziel stuff is hilarious to me...guy plays one game and he's a bust. Never mind that Rodgers didn't start for 3 years...Manziel is already written off by geniuses across the internet. Glorious.

Funny this offseason you were all "you can tell after the first year if a player is a bust" Now you are all "just because a player struggles as a rookie doesn't mean they are a bust"
Rockmolder
9 years ago

Faced 3 teams considered great defenses... 3 eggs laid.

Team not built to go toe to toe with teams like Seattle or Detroit...Oh, sure we'll likely beat Detroit because it's at home, but we have 20+ years of history on our side going into that game.

Rodgers, who hates even being asked an innocent question about his personal life must've been all screwed up in the head knowing his girlfriend told the world they don't do it on gamedays. BTW, I believe she's about as much of a girlfriend as Manti Teo's while he was at Notre Dame.

Defense plays well and our HOF QB can't even play a below average game...that's all we needed. Instead, he plays a brutal game only Johnny Manziel could appreciate.

Aaron...I have 9 letters for you... P R E T E N D E R, pretender.

We did rather well against the Jets and Dolphins. Two teams who also rank in the top 10 defenses in the league. The Vikings rank 11.

Next to that, the rough 1-2 start we had, we looked awful in all three. They turned it around after that. We go on a 9-1 streak, a streak that had some tough teams in it, yet, we lose one, and you're back to sprout all your crap about Rodgers and what not.

Nerdmann's not often right, in my opinion, but we did truly shit ourselves this game. You always have one of these games. I had them in my youth soccer league, they have them in the Primera Division, they have them in college football, I have had them when taking driving lessons. That one moment where every single thing goes wrong.

Rodgers wasn't sharp, the receivers dropped balls left and right, McCarthy had an amazing running game going, but didn't stick with it, our O-line got ravaged. It's out of their system now. I fully trust they get it going again next week. This isn't an overperforming team coming down to earth, it's a good team underperforming for a week.

And if you're going with the only reason we're winning against Detroit in week 17, because we have history on our side... The Bills had all the history on their side this week. We're now 0-6 in Buffalo.

We win both remaining games we're a 2 seed.

We lose to Detroit we're a 6.

In the Seattle being a 1 seed scenario...they are going to get the winner of the NFCS game and Arizona or Detroit most likely. So, Seattle is almost an automatic to host NFC Championship game as long as they beat Cards next Sunday night.

Packers would get winner of Dallas and Detroit/Arizona game. We really screwed the pooch. Not only would we have to go to Seattle in the NFC Championship, we made it so the only team that could take Seattle out before having to play us (Dallas) go on a path where they wouldn't see Seattle until NFC Championship.

What a colossal loss by this franchise...the kind where you look back over Rodgers career and wonder why there was only one ring in his tenure. This loss pretty much ended our opportunity for this year. We ain't beating Seattle at Seattle...no way no how and that makes us a pretender.

Yes. And no one wins in Lambeau in january, right?

Strange that, when we lose against the Bills, the sky is falling, but when the Seahawks lay an egg in Kansas, it doesn't change a thing.

What amazing thing did they do to earn your respect? Beat us when we had that horrible start? Beat the Cardinals with their back-up QB under center? Won a game against the Eagles that was a lot closer than our game?

If our defense plays anything like they have the last few games, we have a fighting chance. And really, the Cowboys or Lions aren't out of it, either.

Whether you ladies like it or not, Uffda is dead on with his critiques. The excuse makers for poor Packers play in here is a perfect example of the wussification of America - always a bull shit excuse lack of accountability. All the rah rah crap going forward doesn't change the fact the Packers blew any opportunity they had at getting home field throughout, their only chance of going to the Super Bowl as I see it.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Who's making excuses for his play? It was rather poor. (Maybe) blowing our home field advantage sucks. Doesn't mean it's all as bad as Uffda is making it out to be. The sky isn't falling just yet.
uffda udfa
9 years ago

Funny this offseason you were all "you can tell after the first year if a player is a bust" Now you are all "just because a player struggles as a rookie doesn't mean they are a bust"

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

Ummm... you're joking, right? If you watch a guy play week in and week out and in practice he's been nothing it's quite likely you have a bust on your hands.

In Manziel's case, the buzz was positive out of Cleveland for this week... he was called a "nightmare to defend" by defenders who faced him in practice. Team made the switch for a reason. He failed and failed in a Rodgers kind of way yesterday.

You neglect something else pretty important, here, also...we're talking about QUARTERBACK. Not some DL who it is obvious can't play. I think it's a little different for a QB vs. any other position on the field, but you want to make a generalization of a statement I've made watching some Packers 1st rounder flail and fail? Wow.

Show me where I've been wrong about any guy I've ever labeled a bust and then you have something to come here with...not before.

I don't label Johnny Football a bust. Guy like Datone Jones was not very good, and still is not very good. Derek Sherrod the same...guy wasn't good when he got here, and never got any better while he was. I guess in your mind you think Datone Jones is going to become some force instead of a farce. I don't.

UserPostedImage

uffda udfa
9 years ago
Hey Rock... Who cares about Seattle at Kansas City? Honestly. Who? Seattle is now going to host any and all comes in the playoffs, so you can talk about KC all day long... it isn't relevant because Seattle is a different team at home. Want to bring up Cowboys victory in Seattle?

If you honestly think THIS Packers team has a chance in Seattle...LMAO. Just LMAO. No shot...ZERO. NONE. It's beaten before it ever gets off the plane assuming it can even not go one and done which I wouldn't count on.

Make excuses all day long...if you're a champion...you do not lose that game with what was riding. You just don't. Game reminded me of a game the Packers played vs. NYJ under Sherman that was basically the same thing.

You don't get what a pivotal loss that was do you? Just rely on the whole any given Sunday or we still have a chance type cliches? You're welcome to those ridiculous things. Reality is we blew it...just absolutely blew it and likely ended our season with yet another early playoff exit.

Don't count your chickens on that Tampa game...I'm not so sure we're winning down there.
UserPostedImage

steveishere
9 years ago

Ummm... you're joking, right? If you watch a guy play week in and week out and in practice he's been nothing it's quite likely you have a bust on your hands.

In Manziel's case, the buzz was positive out of Cleveland for this week... he was called a "nightmare to defend" by defenders who faced him in practice. Team made the switch for a reason. He failed and failed in a Rodgers kind of way yesterday.

You neglect something else pretty important, here, also...we're talking about QUARTERBACK. Not some DL who it is obvious can't play. I think it's a little different for a QB vs. any other position on the field, but you want to make a generalization of a statement I've made watching some Packers 1st rounder flail and fail? Wow.

Show me where I've been wrong about any guy I've ever labeled a bust and then you have something to come here with...not before.

I don't label Johnny Football a bust. Guy like Datone Jones was not very good, and still is not very good. Derek Sherrod the same...guy wasn't good when he got here, and never got any better while he was. I guess in your mind you think Datone Jones is going to become some force instead of a farce. I don't.

Oh yeah forgot we should have drafted Cordarelle Patterson instead, dude is electric... haha