IronMan
15 years ago

Who was the DB who jumped like 15 feet in the air to deflect a pass?

"mi_keys" wrote:

I think your talking about Collins. A WR got behind Blackmon and Collins got over there to block a TD. Collins seemed disappointed saying it wasn't a prefect angle. He thought if he would of had a prefect angle he could of got the pick.

But LeRoy Butler was very impressed with that play saying he's not sure if he could make that play. Butler also said Collins didn't waste a second getting over there he left as soon as it started to show. He said most S would of waited longer before taking the break for it (which is bad). Also basically said Collins should be a Pro Bowler and he's unselfish because he didn't go for the pick because if it missed it would of been a TD but rather
he just knocked it away. And then Butler took a shot at Sharper saying he's selfish because he would of went for big play that has the most chance of failing and leading to a TD.

"beast" wrote:

I disagree with Butler. Sharper would just run into blackmon so the ball can bounce off both of them to the receiver :thumbleft:

"IronMan" wrote:

http://s86.photobucket.com/albums/k95/midwestfan/?action=view¤t=UntitledMSdcsdsdcWMM_0002.flv 
zombieslayer
15 years ago

Here are the QB's the Packers have played against this season:

1. Tarvaris Jackson (horrible, now benched)
2. Jon Kitna (below average)
3. Tony Romo (one of the better QB's in the league)
4. Brian Griese (journeyman)
5. Matt Ryan (a rookie, but a very good one)
6. Charlie Frye (third stringer)
7. Peyton Manning (one of the best in the league)

Not a very impressive list overall. But what really gives me hope is the way they played against Manning. That has to give them loads of confidence heading into the bye week.

"Greg C." wrote:

Romo and Manning were 2 of the top 4 QBs last year, and Matt Ryan is playing way better than any rookie QB should be playing.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
macbob
15 years ago
What I'm amazed at is that the Packers have done that with two starters out with injuries for significant periods.

When Al Harris goes out, it affects you at 3 positions: his position, the nickel back (Tramon replaced Al at corner), and dime back (dime back stepped up to nickel back). And then add in Atari Bigby, and you have a defensive backfield that Peyton Manning should have picked apart.

I doubt any other team in the league has that much depth--it's a testament to Ted Thompson's stocking the team with quality players and the defensive backs coaches getting everyone ready for the game.
UserPostedImage
Greg C.
15 years ago

Romo and Manning were 2 of the top 4 QBs last year, and Matt Ryan is playing way better than any rookie QB should be playing.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

Yeah, I was very impressed with Ryan as well. He played an almost flawless game.
blank
porky88
15 years ago
Before the year started we all look at the schedule. Even though I hate to do it, I look at the schedule and start to come up with an idea of how the season goes. You see Romo and Manning and you expect to struggle. Not quite.

The fact that the Packers did a quality job on Peyton Manning and Tony Romo suggests that this pass defense really is pretty good.

It's not he second best in the league because I think the stats are off because teams just run on the Packers, but 13 picks is worth noting. I would say when all healthy, GB has a top 10 secondary with the emergance of some of the backups.
gbpfan
15 years ago
cant wait for the titans game i think our d-line will be a beast after the bye and our standing will go up :icon_smile:
warhawk
15 years ago

Here are the QB's the Packers have played against this season:

1. Tarvaris Jackson (horrible, now benched)
2. Jon Kitna (below average)
3. Tony Romo (one of the better QB's in the league)
4. Brian Griese (journeyman)
5. Matt Ryan (a rookie, but a very good one)
6. Charlie Frye (third stringer)
7. Peyton Manning (one of the best in the league)

Not a very impressive list overall. But what really gives me hope is the way they played against Manning. That has to give them loads of confidence heading into the bye week.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

"Greg C." wrote:

Well, I think if you are going to look at our list of opposing QB's it's only right to look at the Titans as well. In terms of passing yards per game they have faced some of the leagues worst in Cincy, Baltimore, KC, and Jacksonville. All ranking between 20th and 29th. One of the other two, the Vikes, we both faced and defeated and are no great passing team anyhow.

The one team with a solid passing game they faced was Houston and they had the Titans beat hands down. They gave the game away with 3 minutes left driving the ball only to fumble and let the Titans return it 68 yards for the winning TD.

If we are are on our game and play well I think this is another win for us and if we do lose it's more because we just did not play a very good ballgame.
"The train is leaving the station."
Pack93z
15 years ago
What is most impressive about this.. we are not getting squat for the most part in a pass rush...

The Cowboy game is a bit deceiving though.. they gashed us with the run and were ahead.. why pass.

Colts.. we played an excellent game without a doubt.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
zombieslayer
15 years ago

Well, I think if you are going to look at our list of opposing QB's it's only right to look at the Titans as well. In terms of passing yards per game they have faced some of the leagues worst in Cincy, Baltimore, KC, and Jacksonville. All ranking between 20th and 29th. One of the other two, the Vikes, we both faced and defeated and are no great passing team anyhow.

The one team with a solid passing game they faced was Houston and they had the Titans beat hands down. They gave the game away with 3 minutes left driving the ball only to fumble and let the Titans return it 68 yards for the winning TD.

If we are are on our game and play well I think this is another win for us and if we do lose it's more because we just did not play a very good ballgame.

"warhawk" wrote:

Agreed. I think we can have a good passing game against these guys.

Someone else beat me to it, but whomever said it, I agree with them - I'm hoping they beat the Colts so we knock off the last undefeated team. Imagine the morale boost.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
earthquake
15 years ago
I think pass defense stats can be sort of misleading. When you're ranked as low as the packers are in rush defense, you're gonna be pretty high in pass, because everyone knows they can run on you. I would be much nicer if they were in the top 10 in both run AND pass, thats when you know you have a dominating defense.

That said the pass defense has played extremely well, especially with 2 starters out in the D backfield. If they can just start playing the run a little better they will be virtually unstopable. The titan's will be a very important test.
blank
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (8h) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (9h) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (10h) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (10h) : For now...
Zero2Cool (11h) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (14h) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (14h) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (17h) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (17h) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.