Cheesey
9 years ago

There were 30 seconds left. Call a play you think will work. Wilson doesn't throw a pick and they still have downs and time and nobody is saying boo...it may have been a setup to soften the d on the next play for a draw or back to lynch.

Originally Posted by: musccy 

How did that work out for them???
LOL!!!

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
9 years ago
Everyone saying when you have M. Lynch at the goal line you have to run it and passing it is stupid. The fact that everyone says you must run it is a good reason to throw a quick slant. The call was not wrong or dumb. How about giving the defensive back some credit for making a great jump on the ball?

We sure do put others down an awful lot rather than giving credit for those making a good play.
UserPostedImage
musccy
9 years ago
Kevin Neghandi just tweeted that there have been 109 passes from the 1 this year. 1 was picked. With Wilson, odds of a sack on a quick slant are low as well meaning the odds of something significantly bad happening are relatively low.

My take home message is aggressive/conservative, slant, trap, draw, stacked routes, pre snap motion...none of that matters in assessing a play. Simply did it work? If yes, brilliant. If it didnt, the coach is a moron.
PackFanWithTwins
9 years ago
Questions. On Edelman's catch where he advanced the ball after his elbow and knee touched which was correctly brought back. Where were the officials and team staff who are supposed to be protecting player safety? He was clearly hit in the head by Chancellor. Where was the flag for that hit like they do all year. And how was Edleman able to continue without being checked for a concussion? He was clearly not all there after that hit.

Edelman also should have been the SB MVP not Brady.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
dhazer
9 years ago
I agree with Kevin and why not call it like it is, the DB made one hell of a play on that to get the int. The throw was fine and the route was fine. The DB sold out and guessed right and thus made the play and won the Super Bowl.

Btw did anyone even notice that that same DB was the one that was heads up enough to Push Kearse out of bounds after that ridiculous catch.

After all that I still say how do you not feed the beast seeing you have 1 timeout left. Also the clock management was very bad, I understand leaving no time but don't push it to where you can't have options.

But in the end it was nice to see the true Seahawks come out with the BS at the end and trying to start fights. I loved that Gronk got some punches in but wasn't flagged because the other guy was the instigator :)

How does it feel now Seattle
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
musccy
9 years ago

But in the end it was nice to see the true Seahawks come out with the BS at the end and trying to start fights. I loved that Gronk got some punches in but wasn't flagged because the other guy was the instigator :)

How does it feel now Seattle

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

What a bunch of sorry punks. Lynch's antics, fake defecation, always trash talking AFTER the fact. So little class across that roster and so happy to see them have to eat some humble pie.

PackFanWithTwins
9 years ago

After all that I still say how do you not feed the beast seeing you have 1 timeout left. Also the clock management was very bad, I understand leaving no time but don't push it to where you can't have options.

I can understand the idea. If they run and get stopped, they have to use the TO. Than they are limited to One more run attempt, or a shot to throw into the endzone because there is no TO that can stop the clock to allow a 4th down attempt.

By throwing on 2nd with the TO left, they were able to have options short of the goalline and still be able to stop the clock to allow another run attempt, or if incompletion, they still have two attempts to pound it in.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Mucky Tundra
9 years ago

I agree with Kevin and why not call it like it is, the DB made one hell of a play on that to get the int. The throw was fine and the route was fine. The DB sold out and guessed right and thus made the play and won the Super Bowl.

No guess work involved 

“I knew they were going to throw it,” said Butler. “From preparation, I remembered the formation they were in and I knew they were doing a pick route.”

“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
dyeah_gb
9 years ago

No guess work involved 

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

I heard about this on the radio today. Apparently, the NE DB was messing up this play all week in practice and they kept re-doing it over and over. When he saw the play in the game, he knew immediately to make the play on the slant. Kind of reminds me of the Brad Jones special teams debacle from two weeks ago.

The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - R. Feynman
Cheesey
9 years ago
Yes, I agree the DB made a heck of a play. I'm not taking anything away from that.
And I know what you are saying Kevin(and others).
But if it had been me calling the plays, I would have tried to punch it on with Lynch.
I really don't think they could have stopped him. The Pats were on their heals.
The Seahawks tried to overthink it, and it cost them dearly.
That NE rookie DB saved the game for them. A heads up play.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (3h) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3h) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (7h) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (16h) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (16h) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (21h) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (21h) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (21h) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

1-May / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.