uffda udfa
9 years ago

It's official: Ted is good.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Did you read that article? Brandon Jackson was highlighted in one of his drafts? Are you kidding me?

TJ Lang was dubbed, "elite"? Are you joking?

Finley was called "elite"? He had elite talent but never elite production.

Brad Jones was cited????

AJ Hawk was never ever close to living up to being the 5th pick in the draft.

Colledge and Spitz cited? What?

Richard Rodgers had an impressive year? To who?

---I love the Pack but the person who wrote this is worse than a homer. The view of TT's drafts is very flawed.

I'm honestly surprised Demetri Goodson wasn't touted from our last draft the way this guy assessed things.

Just a pure propaganda piece. Zero objectivity save for the comment on Hawk.

EDIT: I just read the comments below the article at JSO...wow, some actual sane Packers fans who are objective. I was shocked. It looks like most of them realize how ridiculous that puff piece was and Ted Thompson is barely middle of the road. I really, really, loved the commenter who pointed out you have to hit every single year to build a juggernaut if you're not going to explore FA. Ted Thompson has had some absolutely BRUTAL drafts...furthest thing in the world from "stellar".
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

buckeyepackfan
9 years ago
For all the reasons stated above, is why. TED IS GOOD!
"OLE ONE TRICK" just cant pass up a chance to repost his same old BS!
=p~ =p~ =p~ =p~ =p~
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
uffda udfa
9 years ago

For all the reasons stated above, is why. TED IS GOOD!
"OLE ONE TRICK" just cant pass up a chance to repost his same old BS!
=p~ =p~ =p~ =p~ =p~

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

Buck...this is a forum. It is odd that you NEVER offer any substantive reply. It's a JOKE to praise Ted Thompson for the above. His drafts have been middle of the road overall. Go look at the comments below...they are spot on. Some smart fans down there. Grading each draft individually looking back give a clear picture of him being nothing more than about average.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Zero2Cool
9 years ago

Buck...this is a forum. It is odd that you NEVER offer any substantive reply. It's a JOKE to praise Ted Thompson for the above. His drafts have been middle of the road overall. Go look at the comments below...they are spot on. Some smart fans down there. Grading each draft individually looking back give a clear picture of him being nothing more than about average.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Hey, you, shut up! I've had him convinced since August '08 that this is the IRS!!!!

As for Ted Thompson being "middle of the road", I would have to say considering he's drafting at the back of each round that he has over acheived, you know, if I use your words and combine them with facts.

noun
something that actually exists; reality; truth:
UserPostedImage
steveishere
9 years ago

Ok so which 15 or so GMs have been better at drafting then?
buckeyepackfan
9 years ago
That's right this is a forum.
Where people come to discuss The Packers and give their opinions.

HOW MANY DAMN TIMES DO YOU HAVE TO POST THE SAME OLD DAMN STUFF.

We all get it, you don't like Ted Thompson, that's fine, for almost a year now all you have done is try and find the negative in every move, player and even fans.

You prove every Damn time you post that you don't have a clue what it takes to keep together a winning team.

You have no original ideas other than Ted Thompson SUCKS and shouldn't be GM.

why not try what most do here, express your opinion on a subject, then move on.

No you have to try and prove to everyone here that You ARE ALWAYS RIGHT, and you will stop at no lengths to try and prove it.

It's tiring and just plain spamming.

You don't like Ted Thompson.

Fine.

Guess what he is going to be around as long as he wants to be.

You can't deal with that, that is your problem.

One more to time.
WE ALL KNOW YOU DONT LIKE TED THOMPSON!

Please quit spamming EVERY DAMN THREAD.

You are not impressing anyone.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
nerdmann
9 years ago

That's right this is a forum.
Where people come to discuss The Packers and give their opinions.

HOW MANY DAMN TIMES DO YOU HAVE TO POST THE SAME OLD DAMN STUFF.

We all get it, you don't like Ted Thompson, that's fine, for almost a year now all you have done is try and find the negative in every move, player and even fans.

You prove every Damn time you post that you don't have a clue what it takes to keep together a winning team.

You have no original ideas other than Ted Thompson SUCKS and shouldn't be GM.

why not try what most do here, express your opinion on a subject, then move on.

No you have to try and prove to everyone here that You ARE ALWAYS RIGHT, and you will stop at no lengths to try and prove it.

It's tiring and just plain spamming.

You don't like Ted Thompson.

Fine.

Guess what he is going to be around as long as he wants to be.

You can't deal with that, that is your problem.

One more to time.
WE ALL KNOW YOU DONT LIKE TED THOMPSON!

Please quit spamming EVERY DAMN THREAD.

You are not impressing anyone.

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

He knows Ted is elite, he's just a Bert loyalist, so he has to talk shit.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
uffda udfa
9 years ago
LOL at Buck and Nerd. I can't stand Brett Favre. The happiest day of my Packer fandom was the day he got traded to the NYJ. That was a hilarious move by TT. That is the most I have ever respected TT... shipping that arrogant waffling SOB to the Jets was pure deliciousness.

Steve...you ask what 15 GM's are better? Not indicated by my post. Go look at these "stellar" drafts of his and grade them individually. Come back and tell me how he's "stellar". It is beyond ridiculous to say he's "stellar" at drafting. He's very very good at UDFA players. His draft grades are NOT consistently above average. Stellar would indicate, to me, he's consistently excellent...the biggest homer would have to admit he's not been.

Buck...irony is lost upon you, obviously. If I'm hammering Ted Thompson then it's in response to this unbridled praise of him. There has to be a proportionate amount of Ted Thompson worship doesn't there? Yes, there does. I'm more tired of this Ted Thompson is so great talk than you are of me trying to debunk the lie. You guys repeat this garbage so often and have your ears tickled so often you fail to even begin to try being objective. You can call me whatever you like but I use my brain and wade through the BS spin put on TT's greatness. Packerland has the most milquetoast media of ANY NFL team. Outside of Bob McGinn, all Packer media is SPINELESS and HOMERISTIC. It's the nature of being part of Packers media. I can only imagine how Ted Thompson would be viewed if we swapped our fanbase for Philly's? It's great being optimistic and loving your team but to shut your mind off to reality is an entirely different subject. If you're happy there, I'm sorry. I'm not and will never tire of fighting the lie that Ted Thompson is some genius. I only wish we could see Ted Thompson minus Aaron Rodgers. Good luck to him, then. The smarter fan who commented under that ridiculous puff piece understands that where you don't.
UserPostedImage

Rockmolder
9 years ago

Grading each draft individually looking back give a clear picture of him being nothing more than about average.

I'd sincerely like to see you have a go at that. It'd be an interesting read and something that could spark a proper dicussion. Especially if you analyze how other teams did down that stretch, as well.

I'm a bit in the middle on this. He's certainly amongst the top GMs in my book, but his drafting hasn't been spot on every year...

Thing is, none of the GMs drafting have been. A guy like Belicheck just always gets the right pieces in FA. Something we only do once every couple of years.
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (9h) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (12h) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (14h) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (16h) : Flag?
Martha Careful (16h) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (16h) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

24-Apr / Random Babble / beast

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.