PackerTraxx
8 years ago
I thought it was a great day. Everyone seems to have moved past the divorce. Although Brett never smiled while Murphy was at the podium. It seemed genuine from all involved. Very interesting and enjoyable.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
Zero2Cool
8 years ago

I thought it was a great day. Everyone seems to have moved past the divorce. Although Brett never smiled while Murphy was at the podium. It seemed genuine from all involved. Very interesting and enjoyable.

Originally Posted by: PackerTraxx 

While watching it I was pretty happy about the stories. Then hearing what Scott Favre said few others, I don't think Favre is anywhere near happy about. A lot of his comments seemed to be jabs at the organization for letting him. You know, look how fast 67,000 people bought tickets for me in just 90 minutes.

Watching him on the field though he did seem quite humbled. And from his words, we have ruined the charm that made Brett Favre great. He was too worried about repeating himself, too worried about how his words were going to be twisted. It's a shame what the media has done to him with their selfish hate agenda to get clicks and attention.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
8 years ago
I didn't watch it... don't care, and think it's kind of embarrassing to see a stadium filled with 67k to listen to a guy pretend like he's okay with what went on. Suckers. Everyone in that stadium...a sucker. How could you want to go much less actually go to listen to some fraud give a PR tooled speech?
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

DoddPower
8 years ago
I think he should have given more shout-outs (or any?) to the current Packers team, Ted Thompson, Aaron Rodgers, etc. If he wants to be a part of the Packers organization going forward like a Bart Starr has been, he can't hold animosity towards Ted Thompson. I just would have liked to heard a little more "Go Team Go!" from him rather than only looking back nostalgically in the past. Even a few sentences of lip service would have went a long way.
Zero2Cool
8 years ago

I think he should have given more shout-outs (or any?) to the current Packers team, Ted Thompson, Aaron Rodgers, etc. If he wants to be a part of the Packers organization going forward like a Bart Starr has been, he can't hold animosity towards Ted Thompson. I just would have liked to heard a little more "Go Team Go!" from him rather than only looking back nostalgically in the past. Even a few sentences of lip service would have went a long way.

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

Brett Favre didn't play on the current Packers team and this was about his 16 years as the Packers QB. Any "shoutout" would have been foul and disingenuous. It was more than enough that at his first retirement speech, he spoke way too much about Aaron Rodgers during a press conference that was about him ending his career.

This was about Brett Favre and the players he played alongside year after year. The coaches, the staff and so on.

The one thing I would have liked and was ignorantly hoping for was Brett to apologize to the fans for his part in what happened during the departure. I thought the platform there was the appropriate time to do so.

UserPostedImage
DoddPower
8 years ago

Brett Favre didn't play on the current Packers team and this was about his 16 years as the Packers QB. Any "shoutout" would have been foul and disingenuous. It was more than enough that at his first retirement speech, he spoke way too much about Aaron Rodgers during a press conference that was about him ending his career.

This was about Brett Favre and the players he played alongside year after year. The coaches, the staff and so on.

The one thing I would have liked and was ignorantly hoping for was Brett to apologize to the fans for his part in what happened during the departure. I thought the platform there was the appropriate time to do so.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I completely disagree. If Favre wants to be a part of the Packers organization moving forward like Bart Starr has for years, he needs to jump on board. I don't think it was JUST about the past, but also about the Packers nation accepting Favre back into the community. Favre should want that, not just a ceremony about his past. He can still do all that moving forward now, but I just think this was a good opportunity to do so. It wouldn't have taken much effort to say a couple sentences. It's just my opinion, but I think it would have been a great gesture. Although I can't say I'm surprised he didn't.

If Favre would be disingenuous by rooting for the Packers, then that's problem. It should bring him great joy to see the Packers enjoy success. He should want a Joe Namath and Bart Starr type of role in the future. Perhaps he doesn't. That's fine, but it would be nice. Perhaps he just cares about securing his legacy first and foremost.
Zero2Cool
8 years ago

I completely disagree. If Favre wants to be a part of the Packers organization moving forward like Bart Starr has for years, he needs to jump on board. I don't think it was JUST about the past, but also about the Packers nation accepting Favre back into the community. Favre should want that, not just a ceremony about his past. He can still do all that moving forward now, but I just think this was a good opportunity to do so. It wouldn't have taken much effort to say a couple sentences. It's just my opinion, but I think it would have been a great gesture. Although I can't say I'm surprised he didn't.

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

I'm with you that he needs to do some "go pack go" stuff, I just think at HIS jersey retirement ceremony and HIS induction to the Packers Hall of Fame is an inappropriate time to do it. I do see where you're coming from, I while watching the full five hours didn't really see an unforced time for it. I really wish there would have been more stories shared from his 16 years. That was what I really wanted to hear.

Based on what Brett's said, I won't hold my breath on him coming back to town any time soon.
UserPostedImage
musccy
8 years ago
Few dislike Bert as much as I do. I still own my "We'll never forget you Brent" shirt from a few years back.

That said, I think we're being a little nit picky. His speech was getting long as was, thanking even the maintenance guys and equipment staff. Maybe he omitted a few, either purposefully or not, but I don't care. He talked about how nice it is to come out of the home tunnel, acknowledged he wasn't perfect - that was a form of a mea culpa. Even if it was just PR lip service, he played the part of being humble, appreciative, and thankful...that's about all you can ask. Again, coming from a Bert hater, I didn't have an issue with who he did/didn't thank.
Cheesey
8 years ago
To me it was too long. Other then Frank Winters and MIKE Holmgren, they had too many speakers.
It got boring.
Favre on Lambeau Field in front of the fans was the best part.
After that it was long winded stuff that the average person would be lulled to sleep with.
But it was nice seeing him at least try to get back with the Packer fans and family.
UserPostedImage
8 years ago
I watched the rerun.......interesting how many people are goo-goo-ga-ga for Brent........part of me started to forgive him after watching, but this morning, that pubic hair went down the shower drain.
Fan Shout
packerfanoutwest (4h) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (10h) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (11h) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (11h) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (14h) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (14h) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (14h) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (15h) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (15h) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
58m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

9h / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.