nerdmann
8 years ago

On Thursday, undrafted rookie LaDarius Gunter earned an opportunity to work with the first-team defense, which is a clear indication that his scores on the star system are trending up. Gunter, who has two interceptions of Rodgers in practice and the team's only interception against the Patriots, played alongside veteran Sam Shields for the majority of 11-on-11 reps.

Rookies Quinten Rollins and Damarious Randall followed behind.

"If I’m going to truly give Gunter a chance, well he has to get out there with the 1s," Whitt said. "Earlier this week I think I had Quinten (Rollins) out there most of the time. And (Damarious Randall), he’s just coming back (from a groin injury). Last week it was Randall (with the first-team defense).

"I’m giving those three guys an opportunity to get a look, and the best guy will win it. If I’m going to give (Gunter) a real shot, he has to go with the 1s."

JSOnline Blog wrote:

He's got intangibles. Plays way better than his measurables.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
uffda udfa
8 years ago

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

This is exactly what we talked about with him earlier...has to get a shot with the 1's to really know what he's about.

Same goes for some of our WR's like Janis, who already has, and Pinkard.

Should be fun to see him vs. Pittsburgh...they have some big fast guys over there.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

buckeyepackfan
8 years ago

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

This is not acceptable!

Why did Ted Thompson waste 2 picks, when he knew this no name UDFA was going to outplay them?

Stupid Ted Thompson!

2 more early round defensive busts!

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
uffda udfa
8 years ago

This is not acceptable!

Why did Ted Thompson waste 2 picks, when he knew this no name UDFA was going to outplay them?

Stupid Ted Thompson!

2 more early round defensive busts!

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

It's both happy and sad. A guy running 4.69 going undrafted shouldn't even be in the conversation for starting at CB when you used a 1st and 2nd rounder to "find that guy".

The good part, obviously, is that Gunter has been a glorious surprise UP TO THIS POINT. He may fall flat on his face now that he's going up in competition. He may not.

Rollins looks like a potential star in the making and Randall is an unknown to almost all of us. I said way back when we picked these two that I thought Randall would bust and Randall would be a household name.

Randall will probably be just another guy who doesn't live up to his 1st round status. Wouldn't it be nice to actually hit on those guys?

We may be right back to starting two UDFA CB's...this time both from Da U. Again, great you have your UDFA's surprising such as they have but also sad you can't draft well enough that that has to be the case.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

8 years ago

. I said way back when we picked these two that I thought Randall would bust and Randall would be a household name.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

So the question is... will you be 100% right or 100% wrong, or both? 😉 I'm assuming you meant Rollins would be household and Randall a bust.

I still think Gunter might end up being our Safety of the future when Burnette moves on (With Hyde still serving the hybrid role), but it will be interesting to see what he can do with big fast number ones on Sunday! Hope he lights it up!
buckeyepackfan
8 years ago

So the question is... will you be 100% right or 100% wrong, or both? 😉 I'm assuming you meant Rollins would be household and Randall a bust.

I still think Gunter might end up being our Safety of the future when Burnette moves on (With Hyde still serving the hybrid role), but it will be interesting to see what he can do with big fast number ones on Sunday! Hope he lights it up!

Originally Posted by: FLORIDA PACKER88 

C'mon, get it together man.

Rollins and Randall have had the OTA's, mini-camp , training camp and ONE preseason game under their belt.

WHY CAN'T YOU SEE THEY ARE BOTH BUSTS?

Amazing!

Take off the Green and Gold glasses.

GO BUCKS!
😄😄

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
uffda udfa
8 years ago

Rollins...future star.

Randall...future bust.

Did Gunter play any S at Da U? People always talk of moving CBs to S and that rarely works. (That is why I don't like Randall to be successful. College S playing CB. Not a fan of that.) I used to promote that for Hayward but it really is a long shot to have that kind of thing happen. He's going to sink or swim as a CB and I can't believe he's hung on this long so maybe, just maybe, he'll hold up vs. the real players. Defensively speaking, has there been a more exciting player drafted or not? He's right up there with Rollins.

Can't wait to see him get a shot vs. Pittsburgh's top guys like Antonio Brown, Martavis Bryant, etc. I hope we don't just get to see him against someone like Sammy Coates their rookie WR out of Auburn. What I would really like to see is him vs. Dri Archer just to see how noticeable the speed difference is. Archer is faster than everyone on our D but Shields and he might be faster.
UserPostedImage

8 years ago

Rollins...future star.

Randall...future bust.

Did Gunter play any S at Da U? People always talk of moving CBs to S and that rarely works. (That is why I don't like Randall to be successful. College S playing CB. Not a fan of that.) I used to promote that for Hayward but it really is a long shot to have that kind of thing happen. He's going to sink or swim as a CB and I can't believe he's hung on this long so maybe, just maybe, he'll hold up vs. the real players. Defensively speaking, has there been a more exciting player drafted or not? He's right up there with Rollins.

Can't wait to see him get a shot vs. Pittsburgh's top guys like Antonio Brown, Martavis Bryant, etc. I hope we don't just get to see him against someone like Sammy Coates their rookie WR out of Auburn. What I would really like to see is him vs. Dri Archer just to see how noticeable the speed difference is. Archer is faster than everyone on our D but Shields and he might be faster.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

I don't know that he lined up there all the time, but from what I remember reading (didn't get to see him live last year but once or twice), they often put him on the Tight end as the single high safety (likely due to his size). I also like his tackling ability for such a position switch. Just wish he was a step quicker and we might have someone with the physical stature of Richard Sherman hanging around. His 40 time hurt him big, before that he was predicted to go in the mid rounds.
8 years ago
Ladarius Gunter Highlights 

Some Gunter Highlight film on Youtube. Mind you it's not always the most reliable, but you'll notice some of the aforementioned One high looks and some centerfield action too it seems.
uffda udfa
8 years ago

Ladarius Gunter Highlights 

Some Gunter Highlight film on Youtube. Mind you it's not always the most reliable, but you'll notice some of the aforementioned One high looks and some centerfield action too it seems.

Well, he's tall and knows how to play that's most of it...just a shame he isn't speedier. Hopefully, he's found a home here and can find a role he can excel in. A great UDFA find, I hope.

UserPostedImage

Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (1h) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (3h) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (3h) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (6h) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (6h) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (6h) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (6h) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (7h) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (18h) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (19h) : damn those vikings
beast (19h) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (19h) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (19h) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (19h) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (19h) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
55m / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.