Barfarn
  • Barfarn
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
8 years ago
Packers should fire “ask Vic” and hire Mama Lynch to answer questions about Packers.

Lacy x-rays were negative [Negative is good, right? LOL]

Crosby and Mastay took Lockett out of the game w/ there directional kicking and coverage units were quite good.

Rich Rodgers- first pass to him in end zone, he felt he was interfered with and used didn’t come up with the ball. The next time, the exact same play, exact same coverage, Wagner interfering exactly the same way; the only difference this time Rodgers was gonna catch that ball no matter what. He learned and he was determined. KJ Wright may be Seattle's least dirty player; but Rodgers was just beating and effectively blocking. I love this kid! He doesn’t have the speed of some; but he just keeps on learning and playing with a great head [though he lost by retaliating against Wright] and great intensity.

Montgomery-what a game for this youngster. He’s gonna be special when he gets the playbook down. He is a beast and is a great blocker. 5 targets, 4 catches, 1 PI for 89 yards; 3 1st down, 2 of which were key first downs.

Jayrone, what else can ya say. He added 5 years to my life by causing that fumble, not sure I could have handled another onside kick.

Nice running and catching and blocking by Starks, bad fumble.

Cobb-nice game tough game playing banged up. On his catch reviewed at 1, he fell right on the elbow of injured arm and showed no ill effect; he’s gonna be okay.

Barclay played great, ya know for Barclay.

Palmer screwed up a couple of times; don’t remember any good run stops; but was excellent in coverage.

Adams was gutty.

Romo broke his collar bone. Cutler faked hamstring injury

Raji has to keep it up.

Datone wasn’t ready to play just yet; but was dominant when he did. I think he’s going to have a big year if he can stay healthy [A big big if].

Neal twice, Perry and Peppers once [that I noticed] blew contain; but each also stayed home and made plays.

Hyde played a great game when he wasn’t on a fast WR; didn’t count the snaps, but I think he was was primary cover guy on Graham [1 catch about 10 yards]. Hayward needs to cover the slot WRs Randell is ready outside. I cant believe Rollins was inactive.

I am completely lost as to why Seattle felt the need to get Graham, when all he is doing is taking snaps from Luke Wilson. And I really like their 3rd TE Helfett.

Only noticed Richardson once in coverage making a nice play on Graham.

Pennell, Daniels played better. I fear bad news for Boyd.

Ryan made a nice ST tackle.

The focus on the offside calls got a bit out of control; it they didn’t get one, it was as if the play failed. But, it did slow down the rush. Every team is going to do this to Seattle here on out. The offense went into a funk for 2 quarters, because they didn’t play in preseason. Hopefully they got their mojo back w/ that 4th Q. The scripted plays and quick tempo made the offense efficient; Clements needs to go sooner to more quick tempo to get them out of any future funks.
TheKanataThrilla
8 years ago

I am completely lost as to why Seattle felt the need to get Graham, when all he is doing is taking snaps from Luke Wilson. And I really like their 3rd TE Helfett.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

When Wilson made that amazing catch I was afraid that they were going to concentrate heavy on the TE exploitation of the middle. They are not getting their money's worth with Graham or he just doesn't fit their system.

DarkaneRules
8 years ago
What a great comeback win at home. They really stole the momentum away, but we took it back when it mattered.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
musccy
8 years ago

What a great comeback win at home. They really stole the momentum away, but we took it back when it mattered.

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules 

Agreed, this can't be overstated.

NFC West has been our kryptonite, they were getting hurt left and right, and the momentum swung. Every reason for the Packers to fold with their tail between their legs. This was a great character win for this team.

Everyone (cough - Nerdmann - cough) who says this team shits themselves, can't finish, can't play for 60 minutes or whatever else should give kudos for at least this week.
Barfarn
  • Barfarn
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
8 years ago
I hate Pete Carroll, he learned under Belichek

Carroll is classless. He committed countless violations at USC and skipped.

At his PC Carroll said, “I’m not a guy who gripes about stuff.” What a D-bag, LOL

Yet, 4 times at different points of his press conference he “griped” about the Elliot fumble after INT.

Did we not see him several times dance about on the field like a childish spoiled debutante w/ a hot foot that didn’t get enough toys for Christmas protesting calls; that were right BTW.

Here’s what he said about KJ Wright trying to snap Rodgers’ neck: “They got tangled up, went to the ground and hard, one of those standoffs where they’re both holding each other and they decided to throw our guy out, I didn’t see it...talked to KJ about it...he was disappointed that it happened he didn’t want to get in that situation at all.” Pete, did ya see it or not, if ya didn’t see it then just shut the eff up. Ya, and it may not have been intentional, KJ may have had Tourettes syndrome of the arm causing it to react w/o control and bend Rodgers’ neck back.

Carroll rehearsed what he was going to say after the loss, he said this twice: “It’s a big win for those guys after all the storylines.” He’s portending to be a good sport, but reminding everyone of the last several Seahawk wins.

He orders his secondary guys to mug receivers every play, BECAUSE THE REFS WONT CALL IT ALL THE TIME.

I know he knows about PED use; I’ll bet he encourages them and does everything in his power to

Now I know that this is the female of the species that spawned Beastmode; but I cant believe Carroll and Bevell felt the need to defend themselves against Lynch’s mama’s comments that Bevell is the worst OC and should be fired. I think Carroll insulted her and I wonder if Lynch thinks so too. He said that she’s a mom defending her kid and that the 12s are very passionate; but did so with an arrogant smirk and condescending laugh as if to say the fans are stupid and could never understand what we do.
nerdmann
8 years ago

Agreed, this can't be overstated.

NFC West has been our kryptonite, they were getting hurt left and right, and the momentum swung. Every reason for the Packers to fold with their tail between their legs. This was a great character win for this team.

Everyone (cough - Nerdmann - cough) who says this team shits themselves, can't finish, can't play for 60 minutes or whatever else should give kudos for at least this week.

Originally Posted by: musccy 

It was really important that they stepped up like that. They went into their shell, but they bounced back and finally got this monkey off their back. Great to see.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
nerdmann
8 years ago

Palmer screwed up a couple of times; don’t remember any good run stops; but was excellent in coverage.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

Looks like we've got an ILB who can cover. Was he really running with WRs a couple times? Great to see. He's gonna be even better when he gets his other hand back.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
pokethebear
8 years ago
I feel like I went to a dance stag and came home with the prom queen.

This was a great "team" win for the Packers.
DoddPower
8 years ago
I've got to give the Packers credit for this win. It was an anxious game, but the Packers really played a very good game, all things considered. Special Teams was great, offense was ultimately good although it bogged down at times, and defense stepped up when it matters most. Props to the Packers, especially the Special Teams and Defense. They don't deserve props often, but I'll give them some here. I think I have more faith in Clements play-calling.

I can't help but feel like Seattle is a team on the decline. Are they still very good? Absolutely. But they aren't what they used to be and likely won't return to that level for some time. They will be losing at least a few more games this season, for sure. Perhaps Kam Chancellor comes back and turns thing around, but I doubt it. The Seahawks and have peaked and now have to deal with all of the big contracts and such just like the Packers. The only difference is Aaron Rodgers is much better than Russell Wilson, which is why the Packers are the better team (and have been since last season). Russell Wilson is still plenty young for them to build another elite team around them, but that won't be easy especially when wasting first round picks on players like Jimmy Graham. If things don't turn around for him, I could see him becoming quite unhappy and vocal. I can't really blame him. He can be a great player is used appropriately.
RainX
8 years ago
To me, this win puts Green Bay firmly in the driver's season of "team to beat" in the NFC. Until they finally got the NFC West monkey off their back, I think that was in question until last night. Obviously it's still pretty damn early, but the rest of the conference is looking beatable. These are the kinds of wins that will pay dividends come December and tiebreakers given we're playing the NFC West this year. If the team can go into it's bye week at 5-1, I like their chances the second half of the season getting HFA. Getting warm weather teams like Atlanta, Carolina, Arizona, and Dallas in Green Bay in January is a big boost to our chances and 13-3 is probably good enough to get it this year.
blank
Fan Shout
dhazer (56m) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (1h) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (1h) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (17h) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (20h) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (22h) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

24-Apr / Random Babble / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.