longtimefan
15 years ago

again ryan grant had a terrible game.. if he didnt run for a 1 yard loss half the time the packers would have definitely won.. its time for something new. The packers need a running game. Bench or release grant, the packers cant win without a good running back because as we all saw today the titans didnt fall for play action.

yes grant did have a few good 10 yard runs, but not enough to win a game. He had just as many 1 yard loss runs as 10 yard gain runs (im exaggerating but still..)

"packersfan101101" wrote:

Alright, listen...

I know you are probably posting this out of frustration, but I don't think the problem today was Grant. I think Grant did everything he could have done except for catching one of the passes he dropped. For every play that ended up in a small or negative gain, there was a play where he got a couple of extra yards. You can't blame run game problems on the running back. Did you see the way Haynesworth was plowing through whoever we put in front of him?

The Titans have a great Defense, and just because the Packers can be explosive sometimes, it doesn't mean we can overcome that all the time. The Packers did fine, but they just aren't well-oiled enough to be a contender. A year or two and The Packers should be better than ever.

"DanJustDan29" wrote:

you right i did post that out of frustration.. but still haynesworth really didnt have that great of a game...

and for who ever said grant had 4.3 yards per carry.. he had 5.1 yards per carry last year...

I said if you can read my post again

the titans D was giving up only 3.7 yards per carry

Ryan had 4.3

not a lot better but better then what the titans normally give up
packersfan101101
15 years ago

again ryan grant had a terrible game.. if he didnt run for a 1 yard loss half the time the packers would have definitely won.. its time for something new. The packers need a running game. Bench or release grant, the packers cant win without a good running back because as we all saw today the titans didnt fall for play action.

yes grant did have a few good 10 yard runs, but not enough to win a game. He had just as many 1 yard loss runs as 10 yard gain runs (im exaggerating but still..)

"longtimefan" wrote:

Alright, listen...

I know you are probably posting this out of frustration, but I don't think the problem today was Grant. I think Grant did everything he could have done except for catching one of the passes he dropped. For every play that ended up in a small or negative gain, there was a play where he got a couple of extra yards. You can't blame run game problems on the running back. Did you see the way Haynesworth was plowing through whoever we put in front of him?

The Titans have a great Defense, and just because the Packers can be explosive sometimes, it doesn't mean we can overcome that all the time. The Packers did fine, but they just aren't well-oiled enough to be a contender. A year or two and The Packers should be better than ever.

you right i did post that out of frustration.. but still haynesworth really didnt have that great of a game...

and for who ever said grant had 4.3 yards per carry.. he had 5.1 yards per carry last year...

"DanJustDan29" wrote:

Ryan had 4.3

look at the titans schedule previous to this week. The teams they have played have been pretty bad.. even the colts have absolutely no running game
brandon jackson is amazing
Greg C.
15 years ago

but if he had a better game then we would have a better chance of winning

Same with:

Aaron Rodgers
Jermichael Finley
Aaron Kampman
Atari Bigby
Goes on and on....

I

"DanJustDan29" wrote:

i disagree they all played well enough to win

Okay, I'm going to give up on this thread and just assume that you hate Ryan Grant for whatever reason. He was one of our best players out there today. He did nothing wrong. If you've got your heart set on a scapegoat, you would do better with any of the guys listed above, and you could throw in Nick Barnett for good measure. He was getting blown up all day. But I don't need scapegoats. The Packers nearly beat the hottest team in the league on the road.
blank
longtimefan
15 years ago

Alright, listen...

"longtimefan" wrote:

Ryan had 4.3

"DanJustDan29" wrote:

look at the titans schedule previous to this week. The teams they have played have been pretty bad.. even the colts have absolutely no running game

so in a sense your saying Ryan is better then the other rb they faced?

I think that is what your saying then

Thanks
mi_keys
15 years ago
Thanks, I needed a laugh after a tough loss.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Jakest3r
15 years ago
What I saw out of Ryan Grant today was consistency. He ran hard out there; 20 carries for 80 some odd yards against this very stout Tennessee defense is pretty damn good. He turned alot of short yardage situations and took advantage of second chance opportunities and did an overall solid job. It was Grant that surprised me most today on offense, as I knew the Green Bay receivers would enjoy good games and I have alot of confidence in Aaron Rodgers.

Sure, there were times where Grant got hit in the backfield and sometimes didn't get back to the line but that was in part of the very good front of the Tennessee Titans.
blank
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
Grant did his part.
UserPostedImage
TheKanataThrilla
15 years ago
I think Grant played great, until we needed him to make a play near the end of the game. That is what I find painful. Tough loss, but I do think our many missed INT opportunities is what made the difference and not Grant. Oh yeah and the stupid Overtime rule. A game should not be largely decided by a coin flip.
dingus
15 years ago
Just saw the postgame interview with Aaron and he took the brunt of the blame for the loss. Stood there and said how his decision making was poor this afternoon.

There's lots to pick apart about today but RG's game shouldn't be considered the deciding factor in the loss.
blank
bigfog
15 years ago

I think Grant played great, until we needed him to make a play near the end of the game. That is what I find painful. Tough loss, but I do think our many missed INT opportunities is what made the difference and not Grant. Oh yeah and the stupid Overtime rule. A game should not be largely decided by a coin flip.

"TheKanataThrilla" wrote:

NFL overtime just pisses me right off. This is one area where College ball has the right idea and to me, the NFL is just idiotic to not take their overtime and run with it.

A coin flip vs both teams getting the ball until one finally stops the other.

Goddamn NFL.
"I wouldn't root for the Minnesota Vikings to win a chess match against Nazi Germany."