Zero2Cool
8 years ago
A couple quick funny things about my last two upset picks.

- So last week I had said Raiders over Broncos and it was looking like it would happen until a late fourth quarter pick six pissed in my upset-Cheerios.

- This weeks upset was Saints over Falcons because it just felt time for Falcons to lose and with Steve Gleason being there, the Saints were going to win. So, I am watching the game and excited because I know most picked Falcons and I'm about to gain a pick on nearly everyone. I leaned over, grabbed my phone, checked my pick, Falcons?!!!???, and then firmly slammed my phone into my bed.

I couldn't help but laugh a little. Anyhow, this week the top three really haven't changed. We did see the Jaguars jump up +6 and Mexico's Team, err Cowboys fall -6.

OH, another thing for my Rankings nemesis texaspacker ... how about them Seahawks? I told you they would LOSE and LOSE they did! I can't believe anyone would put them in top five! Most rankings I've seen this past week have them between 8 and 15.

1. Green Bay Packers 0
  2. Arizona Cardinals 0
  3. New England Patriots 0
  4. Buffalo Bills 2
  5. Carolina Panthers 0
  6. Cincinnati Bengals -2
  7. New York Jets 1
  8. San Diego Chargers 4
  9. Tennessee Titans -2
  10. New York Giants 4
  11. Atlanta Falcons -2
  12. Denver Broncos -2
  13. Oakland Raiders 5
  14. Minnesota Vikings 3
  15. Pittsburgh Steelers -2
  16. Seattle Seahawks -1
  17. Cleveland Browns 3
  18. Philadelphia Eagles 1
  19. Dallas Cowboys -8
  20. Washington Redskins 3
  21. Jacksonville Jaguars 6
  22. St. Louis Rams -6
  23. Kansas City Chiefs -1
  24. New Orleans Saints 4
  25. Indianapolis Colts -1
  26. Baltimore Ravens -5
  27. Houston Texans -2
  28. Miami Dolphins -2
  29. Chicago Bears 2
  30. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -1
  31. San Francisco 49ers 1
  32. Detroit Lions -2

I'm not really confident on any other upset this week, but if you're going to hold me down and force me to pick. I'll roll with Chiefs over Vikings.
UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
8 years ago
Nemesis huh hahahahahahaha?

I just said you shouldn't call them Power Rankings when obviously they don't reflect who can beat who.

As for Seattle, I'm glad they lost because it's good for the Packers. I would prefer to have us play just about anybody else in the playoffs.

I've come to the conclusion there are a whole lot of mediocre to bad teams in the NFL this season - more than most years, and you persist in ranking a lot of those 5-10 spots higher than they should be. You don't want to say what your system or criterion is? Fine. Mine is to give a lot of weight to what was expected of teams going into the season, then upgrade or downgrade just a little bit because of good or poor performance and/or injuries.

I will give you credit for continuing to post your rankings (although I too was beginning to wonder hahahaha). It seems nobody else in here has the balls to even give it a try.

1 Packers
2 Patriots
3 Cardinals
4 Bengals
5 Falcons
6 Broncos
7 Seahawks
8 Panthers
9 Steelers
10 Bills
11 Cowboys
12 Giants
13 Rams
14 Chargers
15 Ravens
16 Colts
17 Jets
18 Eagles
19 Saints
20 49ers
21 Titans
22 Vikings
23 Redskins
24 Chiefs
25 Bears
26 Lions
27 Texans
28 Raiders
29 Browns
30 Jaguars
31 Dolphins
32 Buccaneers
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Zero2Cool
8 years ago
Texas the nemesis comment was a compliment not insult. You post yours and we can debate who's more right. That's good shit in my book.

As for the Seahawks, they are getting desperate, so desperate they are pulling fire alarms in their opponents hotel! Okay, it might have been done by someone not affiliated with the team, but desperation is still there! Ranked 3rd ... ha!!

🤣
UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
8 years ago

Texas the nemesis comment was a compliment not insult. You post yours and we can debate who's more right. That's good shit in my book.

As for the Seahawks, they are getting desperate, so desperate they are pulling fire alarms in their opponents hotel! Okay, it might have been done by someone not affiliated with the team, but desperation is still there! Ranked 3rd ... ha!!

🤣

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I took it as a compliment. Agreed about the good shit.

Seattle (and of course, I have no love for them) would still be a lot scarier opponent that about 2/3 of the teams you have ranked above them. Ditto that for the Niners. I pulled a fire alarm once when I was about 10 at a big hotel in Chicago. I did it on a dare; I never got caught; And I disproved that old thing about getting a stain on your fingers shows you did it.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
beast
8 years ago

It seems nobody else in here has the balls to even give it a try.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

I've thought about doing it, but looked at Zero's and have thought mine would looks pretty similar to his and therefore there is no point to put in the time it'd take me (I'd want to put too much time into doing it, if I did it) and so it's much easier to look at Zero's and state the small spots I disagree.

Though I haven't really looked it at this week and probably won't as this week is basically over as the games are going on right now.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
8 years ago

I've thought about doing it, but looked at Zero's and have thought mine would looks pretty similar to his and therefore there is no point to put in the time it'd take me (I'd want to put too much time into doing it, if I did it) and so it's much easier to look at Zero's and state the small spots I disagree.

Though I haven't really looked it at this week and probably won't as this week is basically over as the games are going on right now.

Originally Posted by: beast 

The purpose of the rankings is to have a discussion about the teams within the rankings and their spot. So, if you're doing that, it's all good and welcomed. If you wanna drop a fine fifteen or something, that'd be cool too.

UserPostedImage
beast
8 years ago

The purpose of the rankings is to have a discussion about the teams within the rankings and their spot. So, if you're doing that, it's all good and welcomed. If you wanna drop a fine fifteen or something, that'd be cool too.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I find it interesting that the Steelers beat the Chargers, and the Steelers go down on your list and the Chargers go up (especially since hopefully they're going to lose against this week). I don't get why the Chargers moved up four spots in a lost when they didn't look that good in the game to me (other than two offensive drives). But maybe getting the TE back?

I'd probably have the Bengals in the top 5 of mine and Broncos in the top 10. But small little changes like that are what I'd have.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
8 years ago

I took it as a compliment. Agreed about the good shit.

Seattle (and of course, I have no love for them) would still be a lot scarier opponent that about 2/3 of the teams you have ranked above them. Ditto that for the Niners. I pulled a fire alarm once when I was about 10 at a big hotel in Chicago. I did it on a dare; I never got caught; And I disproved that old thing about getting a stain on your fingers shows you did it.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

Your 3rd ranked Seahawks ...