luigis
8 years ago
6-0 is sweet, here we go again!

The Glass Half Full:

- D. Randall: It was a difficult day for the secondary but he won the game with that play. Well done rookie.
- J. Starks: Not only he run well, he was perfect in pass protection, I keep thinking Starks could be a star in many other teams.
- L. Guion: Without Raji he was solid in the middle. Very solid.
- T. Mashtay & M. Crosby: This was one of those games were a STs bad day could have resulted in a loss. Our kickers were perfect.
- J. Janis: It's kind of funny to put him here but he did his job when he was called.

The Glass Half Empty:

- T. Clemments: What a disaster, Starks run for 90 yards in the 1st qtr and you let him touch the ball 7 (!!!!) times in the rest of the game. This wasn't a game to get too cute, our offense is pass wacky, imbalanced and lacks rhythm. 3rd and 1 you have a RB with 100+ yards and another one called Eddie Lacy and you call for a 30 yard pass. Absurd. Worst playcalling I've seen since Tom Rossley. OMG.
- S. Shields: What a game.... we'll just forget it but if you want to be the #1 CB in the team you need to do better.
- M.Hyde: This guy can't cover, Chris Banjo played a lot better, Hyde is always behind the receiver tackling him after a completion, that's not good enough.
- D.Capers: You gave 500+ yards and 32 first downs playing at home. Enough said.
- Clay Mathews & Julius Peppers: The Chargers have no OL you have to be able to get to Rivers. Granted he is good and he was releasing the ball fast but you have to adjust and you have to find a way to help the secondary. Not a good day.

I left Cobb and Lacy out because they are playing injured. Wouldn't be fair to put them on the half empty list.

Now a fantastically placed bye week to get healthy before the two hardest games in our schedule. I'll be very optimist if we go 1-1 after the bye.
Luis
go.pack.go.
8 years ago
Only reason I'm not extremely upset about how many passing yards we gave up is because they attempted to throw it so many times. How many was it, 60+ attempts? Not making excuses, but if you throw it that many times then I would hope you could get at least 400 yards.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
8 years ago
Cobb did shit himself a couple times.

Man, this could very well be a situation where an O has figured out our D. Hopefully this won't start a pattern.

Remember Edgar Bennett and Dorsey Levens, how they used to run those screens and "enema" draws? I bet Edgar has some interesting ideas about how to run an offense. Imagine Starks, Cobb and Montgomery with a screen in the open field.

To be honest, I thought the Chargers played well against our D, moreso than the D playing poorly. We were out-schemed.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
nerdmann
8 years ago

Only reason I'm not extremely upset about how many passing yards we gave up is because they attempted to throw it so many times. How many was it, 60+ attempts? Not making excuses, but if you throw it that many times then I would hope you could get at least 400 yards.

Originally Posted by: go.pack.go. 

UNOFFICIAL STAT: Dom's defenses have more all time records set against them than any other DC in history.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
luigis
8 years ago
I'm sick of records.

If we lose I want to lose like a normal team. Not with a hail mary, or an an onside kick followed by a hail mary, or 4th and 26th or the most number of yards or passes or TDs or whatever...

Luis
RainX
8 years ago
This was the kind of game I wanted to see from the aspect of how our defense held up when the turnovers weren't coming in bunches and they had to rely on getting defensive stops and hinge more on an offense that's been about above average at best so far this year.

Obviously, the 500 yards was pretty concerning, but that being said, at least today and despite Rivers playing the offensive game of his career and an inconsistent pass rush, they only coughed up 20 points and made the critical stops when needed. And the offense struggling again some today, but moving the ball when needed and making enough plays to get ahead and then retake the lead when needed after SD tied it up.

You've got to think missing Raji, Perry, and Burnett today didn't help matters and at least getting Raji and Burnett back for Denver should be a big help. Denver is a pretty inconsistent undefeated team so far and needed OT to beat the Browns on the road today and a last second stop with Minnesota at home, so as good as their defense has been, they've got some chinks in their undefeated armor too.

If they can be at 7-1 going into that divisional stretch and entering the final 8 games, I think they'll be in great shape for potentially getting HFA, and that Carolina game is looming bigger and bigger. Even a loss to Denver wouldn't be the end of the world because it's an AFC opponent and wouldn't hurt us in tiebreakers. Beating the Panthers for the head to head tiebreaker is the bigger game imo coming out of the first two road games after the bye.
blank
nerdmann
8 years ago
Honestly I thought our pass rush was ok. Rivers was just getting the ball out really fast. We did get what, 3 sacks?
DarkaneRules
8 years ago
Yep and they were coverage sacks. The times where Rivers was off his mark was when he had a few notable incomplete passes, not a sack but close enough. We only ran 49 plays. Rivers passed 65 times! That's insane. The fact that we won this game is showing yet another example of this team finding ways to win instead of ways to lose. That's huge.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
greengold
8 years ago

- D.Capers: You gave 500+ yards and 32 first downs playing at home. Enough said.

Originally Posted by: luigis 

But only 20 points. Enough said.

Look, you put Rivers, Keenan Allen, and Gates out there with the rules weighted towards the offense and they are going to put up a bunch of yards.

A good defense can only keep them out of the endzone, which they did for the most part. Packers made the Chargers go 27 yards for every point. 192 yards for every 7 points. That is a pretty good performance.

luigis
8 years ago

But only 20 points. Enough said.

Look, you put Rivers, Keenan Allen, and Gates out there with the rules weighted towards the offense and they are going to put up a bunch of yards.

A good defense can only keep them out of the endzone, which they did for the most part. Packers made the Chargers go 27 yards for every point. 192 yards for every 7 points. That is a pretty good performance.

Originally Posted by: greengold 

We were lucky the Chargers could only put 20 points on the board. I really don't think the idea is to let them get 500 yards and stop them in the red zone. Their 20 points were just the product of their mistakes. Even in the final drive if Rivers sees Woodhead we are now discussing an OT result.

The secondary was a joke all day long, everybody was open. This needs to stop, I really don't know how but it has to stop. Since personnel can't be changed I think we need to stop the zones against the good QBs. Let their WRs beat our CBs man to man if that is the case but we can't have huge holes all over the field if we are facing a good QB.

Luis
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (26m) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (4h) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (6h) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (9h) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (10h) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
24m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

38m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

11h / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Martha Careful

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.