isocleas2
8 years ago
I think its going to be the defensive slugfest that most of the pundits are talking about. Denver's D is for real and if Raji + Perry + Burnett (and now Randall) are healthy and ready to go the Packer's defense will make a strong statement.

I'm hoping Capers and the team watched the Chargers tape and will scheme away the short passing game a little differently against Denver, because its coming.

Packers: 23
Denver: 17
nerdmann
8 years ago

I think its going to be the defensive slugfest that most of the pundits are talking about. Denver's D is for real and if Raji + Perry + Burnett (and now Randall) are healthy and ready to go the Packer's defense will make a strong statement.

I'm hoping Capers and the team watched the Chargers tape and will scheme away the short passing game a little differently against Denver, because its coming.

Packers: 23
Denver: 17

Originally Posted by: isocleas2 

We all know that our offense will NOT employ traps, screens or misdirection. MAYBE a screen once or twice a game, to appease fans and give themselves the pretext to claim that they are a WCO instead of a Run and Shoot team.

We also know that Aaron is going to keep holding the ball as long as he can get away with it, waiting for something deep and ignoring RR or Lacy underneath.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Dulak
8 years ago

I'm interested in knowing do we blitz a lot to force it out of Manning hand faster, or cover more making him hold it longer...

I haven't seen a lot from Manning this year, but the little I did see, they blitzed him and he clearly knew where the one on one was and gave his guy a chance to win it and they moved down the field. ..

I'm wondering if forcing him to hold it with mainly a 4 man rush (mixing in 5 from time to time) might be best.

Also I wonder if we can stop their run from the nickel scheme... just thinking it'd be nice to have the pass rushers stay on the field if they could do both.

Originally Posted by: beast 

Def blitz and come at him from different ways ... he doesnt move well and goes down easily (that sounds wierd) ... he will look to hand off and dump the ball off quick so our guys have to look for that.
civic
8 years ago

I hope the coaching staff has a good game plan. The Packers have to be patient and play a field position game. Time for a conservative Mike McCarthy game plan.

It is going to be hard to keep Aaron patient. Rodgers has the tools to burn the Bronco's ball hawking secondary but it is not by exposing himself extending plays. Maybe there is a way of using Rodgers mobility to keep Denver's pass rush honest. Don't know?

Hoping for a win but a loss on the road against a non-conference opponent will be ok as long as the Packers come out the other side with their star QB intact and a relatively injury free roster.

blank
nerdmann
8 years ago
Everyone's talking about "the struggling Packers offense." But that's not how it is.

I can't prove it, but it definitely seems to me that they were game planning heavily around Montgomery last game, the way they used to do when they wanted to get Finley the ball. When they lost Montgomery early in the 2nd Q, it put the kibosh on their offense from that standpoint.

They had James Jones and an injured Cobb, plus a bunch of guys that haven't proven in yet. Lacy was hurt and Starks was also apparently hurt.

I think they're going to surprise some people tomorrow.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
sschind
8 years ago

Everyone's talking about "the struggling Packers offense." But that's not how it is.

I can't prove it, but it definitely seems to me that they were game planning heavily around Montgomery last game, the way they used to do when they wanted to get Finley the ball. When they lost Montgomery early in the 2nd Q, it put the kibosh on their offense from that standpoint.

They had James Jones and an injured Cobb, plus a bunch of guys that haven't proven in yet. Lacy was hurt and Starks was also apparently hurt.

I think they're going to surprise some people tomorrow.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

that's fine for last game but what about the two before. They certainly weren't tearing it up against the Rams or 49ers either if I recall correctly.

nerdmann
8 years ago

that's fine for last game but what about the two before. They certainly weren't tearing it up against the Rams or 49ers either if I recall correctly.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

They've had injuries in every game iirc.

They always jump out to an early lead and then go into a lull, though. That type of self shitting is a separate issue.
Dulak
8 years ago

They've had injuries in every game iirc.

They always jump out to an early lead and then go into a lull, though. That type of self shitting is a separate issue.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

ya its wierd - everytime I watch the patriots I automatically think ok they are up by X so this means they will slow down (so ingrained in me from watching the packers). But no the patriots dont slow down and you see scores like 42-7 or stuff like that.
nerdmann
8 years ago

ya its wierd - everytime I watch the patriots I automatically think ok they are up by X so this means they will slow down (so ingrained in me from watching the packers). But no the patriots dont slow down and you see scores like 42-7 or stuff like that.

Originally Posted by: Dulak 

It'd sure be nice.
DoddPower
8 years ago

Originally Posted by: Dulak 

They are a better coached team.