MintBaconDrivel
8 years ago

CHARLOTTE, N.C. – T.J. Lang didn’t care that the Green Bay Packers made a game of it on Sunday against the Carolina Panthers, that rookie cornerback Damarious Randall’s fourth-quarter interception gave Aaron Rodgers a short field for a game-tying drive in the final minutes.

The Packers right guard wasn’t going to let himself -- or his struggling team -- slip into a false sense of security.

Rodgers couldn’t finish off the drive, missing a wide-open Randall Cobb on fourth-and-goal from the Panthers’ 4-yard line and instead throwing a game-sealing interception, and that left many in the loser’s locker room at Bank of America Stadium to deal with the reality that the 37-29 loss to the NFC’s lone unbeaten was at one point a 23-point rout in the fourth quarter.

Continue Reading @ Rob Demovsky 

Rob Demovsky wrote:

Delivering the latest and most important updates on the Green Bay Packers for your convenience.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
8 years ago

Originally Posted by: MintBaconDrivel 

Thanks Mint!

We all know that this self shitting is nothing new. They can snap in and out of it at any time. If this team shows up for two quarters a week, they can beat ANYBODY!

“That’s the thing that is probably the most disappointing, is just the holes that we’re digging ourselves.

McCarthy said. “We're just not performing to our standard, and that's what I think clearly everybody's frustrated at. No one to blame but ourselves.”

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
steveishere
8 years ago
It's a new issue for the offense but pretty much business as usual for the defense and Dom Capers who keeps getting excuses made for his defenses having the same problems year after year. Does it take 6 years of different sets of players having problems communicating this defense late into the season before we start to think maybe there is a problem with Dom's ability to teach his defense to his players?
DarkaneRules
8 years ago
At this point, it is about the leadership among the players taking the reigns from the coach. It is time.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Cheesey
8 years ago
I agree with D-rules. The players need to start doing their jobs. Coaches can ONLY coach. The actual plays have to be made on the field by the players. NO PRESSURE on opposing QB's is one of the problems. And opposing WR's and TE's getting so open that even I could complete the pass.
Our WR's can't get ANY seperation, yet the opposition is WIDE OPEN almost every play. You won't win with that going on.
Earlier in the season (when we were playing lesser teams) our D-line was pressuring QB's, thus making it easier on our lousy D-backs. That's not been happening the last 3 games.
Again, we are set up to MAYBE win the division, but get creamed in the playoffs.
Another winning season with no SB trophy.
Look at the 4th down throw by Aaron Rodgers at the end of the game......usually he doesn't miss a wide open WR like Cobb. But this (and the last game) he was under so much pressure that he doesn't have the time needed to find the open guy.
He's getting blasted so often that I don't see him making it to the end of the year without injury if this doesn't change NOW.

Players need to be accountable. I was glad to see the mix up on the sidelines. About time SOMEONE tries to light a fire under these guys collective rear ends.
A 6-0 start is starting to look like a 8-8 meltdown. The only positive is that we play another lesser team this coming week.
Maybe we can get a win.
UserPostedImage
DoddPower
8 years ago

Thanks Mint!

We all know that this self shitting is nothing new. They can snap in and out of it at any time. If this team shows up for two quarters a week, they can beat ANYBODY!

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Eh, that's what shitty to average teams do. They don't make the plays they should make. That's nothing unique to the Packers. It's one of the main reasons bad teams are, well, bad.
PackFanWithTwins
8 years ago
Defensively, I credit or blame Dom for one thing, the center of the field always being open for crossing routes. Other than that I lay the most blame on the guys up front. You guys are grown ass men, you shouldn't need a coach to get you fired up for a game, you should have the pride to do that yourself. The coach should teach you the gameplan. Once you are put in position, it is up to you to beat the man across from you who is also getting paid a lot to stop you. The one who wants it more usually wins that battle. The secondary, with Shields out is young and you are going to expect mistakes as they learn. If we Remember Nick Collins, Tramon, Sam, none of them became the players they were in their 1st and 2nd years either. I remember thinking before Nick's 3rd season the talk being at that time that one either he or Aaron Rouse need to setup at safety. Fortunately Nick did. With the youth on the backend, this year for the defense was dependent on getting pressure up front and in our bad games, that hasn't happened and we paid the price defensively.

Offensively, I lay this almost all on coaching mostly playcalling and scheme, but I'm not strictly blaming clements because this has been ongoing for a number of years. When we face physical defenses the offense struggles. Now the problems I see no commitment to a dominating run game. most of the runs are options where Rodgers can hand off or pass, but the oline doesn't know which so they can't simply drive the defense backwards, which means we end up run blocking on our side of the LOS. If we concentrated and ran more simple designed runs, we would have more plays where the RBs are at theLOS or + yards before being contacted rather than -2 or -3 yards.

Passing, Aikman said late in the game, nobody is getting open over the middle. Well I paid attention the entire 2nd half and the reason nobody was getting open is because we ran almost no routes across the middle less than 10 yards downfield. So LBers and S don't have to worry about the anything in front of them except a rare middle check down so they drop 10-15 yards deep. That is a lot of playing field we don't even threaten and area other teams kill our defense on. CBs don't have to worry about covering a short In route so their jobs is easier and with no deep threat we end up facing 6 or so defenders between 10-20 yards deep. If the play calling doesn't start putting passing pressure on all parts of the field, its going to be a long season

Pass blocking, has been terrible and much of that is for the same reason we don't have a run game. Defenses can pretty much act like it is 4th qtr with a 50pt lead and just pass rush and push everything to the middle, which will clog up our delayed runs and put pressure on Rodgers either way. and with few quick hit passing routes they will just keep coming. This is where screens come in, the two we ran worked because they were going balls out on the pass rush. Even if a screen doesn't make a big gain, it slows the rush which helps the Oline in blocking and time for routes to develop. The other thing is slants and short crosses. Back when we had the "deepest WR Corp" Any one of those WR could run any route on any given play so dbs had to protect against anything anytime it would be Jones on a slant on the right, next driver on a short dig route with Jennings on an out an up on top of it. we usually had 3 of 5 WR on some route short of 10 yards with only one or two going deep. Today, we are lucky to have anything but a checkdown short.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
8 years ago
I often read where forum members say that players and coaches need to be held accountable. How do you propose the way they are held accountable?
nerdmann
8 years ago

Eh, that's what shitty to average teams do. They don't make the plays they should make. That's nothing unique to the Packers. It's one of the main reasons bad teams are, well, bad.

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

This team plays down to the level of shitty teams, but it also (for at least two quarters a week) USUALLY plays up to the level of good teams.

When they're "on," they can beat ANYBODY.

But they never put any teams away. They're never completely out of any game as we saw yesterday, but they also never put any teams away.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (1h) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (1h) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (5h) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (14h) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (14h) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (19h) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (19h) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (19h) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

1-May / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.