Zero2Cool
8 years ago
There were two guys hiking in the woods when they crossed the line of sight of a black bear. One of the guys takes off his shoes prompting the other to ask "what are you doing?". The guy taking his shoes off says he can run faster without them on. The second guy says "you can't outrun a bear!!" to which the shoeless guy responds "I don't need to, I just need to outrun you".

The NFL playoffs are not much different as the same principle applies. You do not need to be an all-time great or "elite" team to get into the playoffs. You need to be better than the three NFL teams in your division or one of six top teams in your conference of 16 NFL teams.

Currently the Packers are winning twice as much as they are losing with their 8 - 4 record. Only seven of the 32 NFL teams can say that or better about themselves. Think about that.

Division? Packers are 2nd in their division and by the end of the day could be 1st.

Conference? Packers have the 4th best NFC record.

The real question is not if the Packers will make it, no. The question is what kind of damage can the Packers do in the playoffs?

UPDATE
Packers have the 3rd best record in the NFC and are in 1st place in their division. And the 6th best record in the entire NFL.

If playoffs started today (it would be January!!) the Packers would be welcoming back the Seattle Seahawks for Round II of Packers ass-whooping!!

Seahawks have never beat Packers at Lambeau Field and never will.
UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
8 years ago

There were two guys hiking in the woods when they crossed the line of sight of a black bear. One of the guys takes off his shoes prompting the other to ask "what are you doing?". The guy taking his shoes off says he can run faster without them on. The second guy says "you can't outrun a bear!!" to which the shoeless guy responds "I don't need to, I just need to outrun you".

The NFL playoffs are not much different as the same principle applies. You do not need to be an all-time great or "elite" team to get into the playoffs. You need to be better than the three NFL teams in your division or one of six top teams in your conference of 16 NFL teams.

Currently the Packers are winning twice as much as they are losing with their 8 - 4 record. Only seven of the 32 NFL teams can say that or better about themselves. Think about that.

Division? Packers are 2nd in their division and by the end of the day could be 1st.

Conference? Packers have the 4th best NFC record.

The real question is not if the Packers will make it, no. The question is what kind of damage can the Packers do in the playoffs?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

When I heard the story, it was a grizzly hahahaha.

Despite the mid-season swoon, the Packers would appear to be a slam dunk to get into the playoffs. I don't see them merely as a spoiler - damaging other teams' chances, but as the best bet to go all the way.

I was doing some schedule checking this morning, and I'm conflicted whether from a "what's good for the Packers" viewpoint to root for the Vikings or the Cardinals next Thursday night. We need the Cardinals to lose to somebody in addition to the Packers beating them. With the Vikings, we just need things to stay the same going into the last game to be ahead of them with a win. I am shooting for a first week bye, of course - winning the North and having the same record with the tiebreaker relative to Arizona. I'm even a little bit conflicted about today's Vikings/Seahawks game. Seattle still is a team I would prefer not to meet in the playoffs. I'd maybe rather see them flushed down even if it means the Vikings stay 1 game ahead.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
yooperfan
8 years ago
If they can get healthier, if the offense can get it together again, if lady luck smiles on them, they can do a lot of damage.
Perhaps go all the way.
They have four weeks to prove themselves worthy.
Zero2Cool
8 years ago

When I heard the story, it was a grizzly hahahaha.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

LMAO, that's awesome because I actually had grizzly bear and then after reading through changed it.

UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
8 years ago
The other matchups of teams involved in the playoff hunt mostly favor The Packers.

Vikings win today, That puts The Packers 3 Games ahead of The Seahawks with 4 to play(Packers have head to head tie breaker.)

Seahawks win today, Packers back in 1st place.

I'll concede the #1 seed.
They would have to lose their last 5 games for The Packers to overtake them.

Would be great to see The Rams beat the Cardinals this week, don't think it will happen, who knows Cards are a little beat up.

Depending on what happens Today, will give us a better idea of which team we fans root for next Thursday .
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Laser Gunns
8 years ago
If our offense decides they want to play this season, then we defiantly make it.

The last 2 months don't give me a lot of optimism though

MintBaconDrivel
Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
DakotaT
8 years ago
Vikings down 21-0 at halftime. They do not look playoff worthy either.
UserPostedImage
voiceofreason
8 years ago
The vikings don't have a passing attack consistent enough to be a true threat at this point. The packers played them poorly and still won handily.
blank
buckeyepackfan
8 years ago
I'm going to throw something out here that may sound a little crazy.

Depending on the outcome of a couple of games, The Packers may be better off not winning The Division.

Cardinals lose to Minny THURSDAY then this whole thing is moot.

The Packers can win out and probable will secure the 2nd seed,
If Minny beats The Cardinals.

Cardinals win and more than likely they will be #2 seed.

So if it comes down to week 17 to decide who wins The North, and securing the #3 seed, I Will ask this question.

Would it be better for The Packers to win and most likely host The Seattle Seahawks who most likely be #6.
Or would you rather have them lose and travel to Dallas, Philly, Washington or New York as the #5 seed?
One of those teams have to win their division and secure the #4 seed.
Things fall a certain way the next 3 weeks, there will be decisions to be made.

Best scenario is The Packers win out and get that #2 seed.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
TheKanataThrilla
8 years ago

I'm going to throw something out here that may sound a little crazy.

Depending on the outcome of a couple of games, The Packers may be better off not winning The Division.

Cardinals lose to Minny THURSDAY then this whole thing is moot.

The Packers can win out and probable will secure the 2nd seed,
If Minny beats The Cardinals.

Cardinals win and more than likely they will be #2 seed.

So if it comes down to week 17 to decide who wins The North, and securing the #3 seed, I Will ask this question.

Would it be better for The Packers to win and most likely host The Seattle Seahawks who most likely be #6.
Or would you rather have them lose and travel to Dallas, Philly, Washington or New York as the #5 seed?
One of those teams have to win their division and secure the #4 seed.
Things fall a certain way the next 3 weeks, there will be decisions to be made.

Best scenario is The Packers win out and get that #2 seed.

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

You assume that Seattle will stay the 6th seed. If the Vikings lose 3 games they can drop into the 6th spot as well.

Fan Shout
packerfanoutwest (3h) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (8h) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (10h) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (10h) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (13h) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (13h) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (13h) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (13h) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (14h) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
21m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

29m / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

7h / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.