Zero2Cool
8 years ago

Rankings are fun to look at and talk about, they really mean nothing.

The only team The Packers need to be better than this week are The Cardinals.

We will find out Sunday.

Mike and Aaron are profesionals, if there is a problem, they will work it out.

I'll say it again, a team can only play who is on their schedule.

Someone who cares can check strength of schedule to see where The Packers stand.

I really don't care, and it means absolutely nothing!

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

I think I posted something about strength of victories and defeats, or maybe I thought about it? I dunno.

Cardinals and Panthers tied with 2nd easiest (0.439).
Packers have 10th easiest (0.485).
UserPostedImage
dhazer
8 years ago

I guess I have to take it back.

Mike goes in at halftime and rips... THE DEFENSE! 🤣

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

But thats the part that cracks me up. He goes and rips the defense for giving up a late score but yet they scored a TD themselves and setup the other TD. I heard that on TV and was like OMFG Rodgers now runs the team. Mike McCarthy don't want to say anything to hurt poor little Aaron's feelings. I can't find a breakdown of stats by the half but I thought Rodgers had like 73 yards passing in a half. I mean cmon we are used to 73 yards per drive lol. The offense has been in a lull since the 1st quarter of last years championship game.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
QCHuskerFan
8 years ago

However, the Packers have won three games against teams with losing records. Is there a facet of the Packers that you know could carry the team? Nothing about the offense instills that confidence, not even the running game despite the 230 yard performance, given how inconsistent the unit and their supposed best back have been. Obviously the passing game is a mess. The defense is the best option we have at the moment.

Originally Posted by: musccy 

But that is kind of my point. If you are the Cardinals, are you preparing for the passing game to the TE (Detroit), the running game (Dallas) or the dink & dunk passing game with RC in the backfield (Oakland)? While no area is capable of carrying the team, there is a value in presenting multiple challenges.

We had a passing offense in 2011 that carried the team. Until it didn't. This might be a better team than that one. Because they have so many ways they can win. Not saying they do. But they can.

The Packers went on the road last Sunday and beat an improving team. A team that was briefly in playoff contention in the second half of the season. Pack won by ten. Odds makers only favored us by 4. So why are we disappointed? This is the NFL. Blowouts are rare. Any road victory is good.
nerdmann
8 years ago

But thats the part that cracks me up. He goes and rips the defense for giving up a late score but yet they scored a TD themselves and setup the other TD. I heard that on TV and was like OMFG Rodgers now runs the team. Mike McCarthy don't want to say anything to hurt poor little Aaron's feelings. I can't find a breakdown of stats by the half but I thought Rodgers had like 73 yards passing in a half. I mean cmon we are used to 73 yards per drive lol. The offense has been in a lull since the 1st quarter of last years championship game.

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

It's pretty fucked up man.

Mike needs to get control of this team, the offense specifically.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
musccy
8 years ago

We had a passing offense in 2011 that carried the team. Until it didn't. This might be a better team than that one. Because they have so many ways they can win. Not saying they do. But they can.

Originally Posted by: QCHuskerFan 

2011 was one sided, yes. 2014 was balanced at both due to effectiveness. 2015 has balance simply because they are incapable of effectively passing (like they used to). It's like we're balanced due to lesser of evils, not strengths.

You're right, Raiders are good, December road wins shouldn't be minimized. However there are clear, glaring weaknesses on this team we havent seen since arguably pre-Favre and those shouldn't be ignored or glossed over with coach speak.
QCHuskerFan
8 years ago

However there are clear, glaring weaknesses on this team we havent seen since arguably pre-Favre and those shouldn't be ignored or glossed over with coach speak.

I think this is a little over the top. But let's look at WR play. How is it being ignored by MM? Do you know what is going on in meetings and practices? I am betting it is not ignored. But just because it is not getting better doesn't mean it's being ignored. How does it get better? #1 is gone for year. #2 & #3 have had some serious injuries this year. #4 was not on the team in August and he is old and injured. #5 has been injured 80% of the year. #6 is a special teamer that the fans want to see, but obviously coaches don't believe in. Trade deadline is gone. Dez Bryant, Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones have not been cut by their teams so they are not available to sign. How exactly do Mike McCarthy & Ted Thompson 'fix' a personnel issue late in the season? A personnel issue that is 90% injury related and could not have been forecast or planned for?

As far as coach speak, what do you want to hear? Would it be productive for Mike McCarthy to say "Our WRs suck. They are responsible for why we have underperformed. Not sure why they can't fix themselves. They suck. Oh, and Aaron Rodgers too. That dumba** is just stat whoring. " In what way would that help the team get better? Coach speak is what a good leader does. You can't say what the fans want because that doesn't help the organization. Just because the fans demand answers, doesn't mean the fans should get them.
musccy
8 years ago
You're misinterpreting my poorly worded post. I meant ignoring and coach speak from a fans' perspective. As you outlined, this team has some very apparent shortcomings most notably in the passing game, and by coach speak, I meant we as fans shouldn't resort to cliches like 10 wins, and we won a game in December to gloss over some pretty glaring weaknesses. It's like Iowa this year...sure they were 11-0, but the eye test doesn't put them with Clemson and Oklahoma...same with GB now.

Right or wrong, me and many other fans feel this team has a one and done feel to it. That's where I'm coming from. I could be dead ass wrong. I gave the Packers no chance at home vs. San Fran 2 years ago and they damn near beat them, so trust me, that's on the back of my mind as i type this too.
nerdmann
8 years ago

You're misinterpreting my poorly worded post. I meant ignoring and coach speak from a fans' perspective. As you outlined, this team has some very apparent shortcomings most notably in the passing game, and by coach speak, I meant we as fans shouldn't resort to cliches like 10 wins, and we won a game in December to gloss over some pretty glaring weaknesses. It's like Iowa this year...sure they were 11-0, but the eye test doesn't put them with Clemson and Oklahoma...same with GB now.

Right or wrong, me and many other fans feel this team has a one and done feel to it. That's where I'm coming from. I could be dead ass wrong. I gave the Packers no chance at home vs. San Fran 2 years ago and they damn near beat them, so trust me, that's on the back of my mind as i type this too.

To me, the problem is mental/emotional, not talent-related.

However there also appears to be this troubling schism between Aaron and Mike. Mike needs to get that under control. This latter situation is an outgrowth of Mike's lack of understanding of sports/interpersonal psychology.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
blueleopard
8 years ago
Coach speak or not, we're on a 3-game winning streak. One was a last-second Hail Mary on an extra play. One was a dominating performance on the ground. The last was a defensive struggle where our offense confused the hell out of the opposing defense because of multiple packages.

It's nice to know that we're finding new ways to win, aside from Aaron Rodgers bending other teams over. He did that with a handful of the games when we were 6-0. The clock is ticking, but at least this team isn't hunching over and dying.

That only happened once this season. It's been ugly but a win is a win.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
8 years ago

To me, the problem is mental/emotional, not talent-related.

However there also appears to be this troubling schism between Aaron and Mike. Mike needs to get that under control. This latter situation is an outgrowth of Mike's lack of understanding of sports/interpersonal psychology.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

This is exactly what the media and some of you really need to focus on. This, in my opinion is what is going on with this team. There is also some non-desire to kick ass. Mike McCarthy has always and always will, take his foot off the gas pedal when there is a 2 score lead. I'll bet there are a lot of, "what the fucks" in the huddles and sidelines. When was the last time we saw, total domination on any opposing team?