James Yang
8 years ago

Ive been to several games at Lambeau throughout the years.

My last was 5 years ago. I witnessed a guy get ejected from the game, for.....standing. I'm not kidding. One of Green Bay's finest ejected 2 guys because they refused to sit. If you attend an NFL game, and you whine to the ushers that the guy in front of you is standing, please kill yourself.Seriously. Do every one a favor.

I've been to several NFL stadiums. Every single one of them has the "Hey douchebag in front, sit down I can't see", guy. Not sure when this all started, but it ended for me 5 years ago. Last game I attended and will never attend another NFL game. Ever.

Originally Posted by: IronMan 

I dont know why you are complaining about football when you have a civil war to fight in. I bet Captain America kicks your ass.
#teamcaptmurica
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
8 years ago

I dont know why you are complaining about football when you have a civil war to fight in. I bet Captain America kicks your ass.
#teamcaptmurica

Originally Posted by: James Yang 

Wrong Ironman James. He to the name in reference to Favre being the Ironman of the NFL. But there was no way for you to know that since you weren't here when he told us.
UserPostedImage
IronMan
  • IronMan
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
8 years ago
He wasn't standing the entire game; he was standing on third downs, and was ejected because the people behind him kept complaining to the usher.

This isn't just Lambeau. I've been to several NFL stadiums and its all pretty much the same.

-Can't stand on third downs.
-$5 for a boiled/microwaved hot dog.
-$8 for a beer
-30 minute bathroom lines.

Maybe some people think that is fun. I'd rather watch at home.

Zero2Cool
8 years ago

He wasn't standing the entire game; he was standing on third downs, and was ejected because the people behind him kept complaining to the usher.

This isn't just Lambeau. I've been to several NFL stadiums and its all pretty much the same.

-Can't stand on third downs.
-$5 for a boiled/microwaved hot dog.
-$8 for a beer
-30 minute bathroom lines.

Maybe some people think that is fun. I'd rather watch at home.

Originally Posted by: IronMan 

Standing on 3rd downs, no issue from me at all, even if it's blocking my girls. I'd just tell'em to stand up and get LOUD!

The cost of concessions is what really turns me off to attending games. While I don't think going to a game is something I would feverishly want to do every weekend, I do believe it must be one of your bucket list items to attend Lambeau Field during a Packers game.

I really enjoy playoff games at Lambeau Field, helluva lot of fun.
UserPostedImage
dhazer
3 years ago

Was that the Bikini Girls game lol? I didn't mind them standing at all, after all they were keeping me warm 😊

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

Boy looking back at some of the names in these old threads make you wonder how they are doing. back then it was like family we would meet up hell I remember i flew into green bay and met up and gave Iron Man a ride to his hotel because he was flying in from St Louis. Or meeting up with folks to get something to eat. Those were some good times and we had some sad times like when Cheesey had his Heart a stroke and everyone pitched in to get him a game system (wii i believe) to help with his therapy. It sucks times changes and people move on so enjoy everyday folks because you never know when it will be gone.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
3 years ago

Boy looking back at some of the names in these old threads make you wonder how they are doing. back then it was like family we would meet up hell I remember i flew into green bay and met up and gave Iron Man a ride to his hotel because he was flying in from St Louis. Or meeting up with folks to get something to eat. Those were some good times and we had some sad times like when Cheesey had his Heart a stroke and everyone pitched in to get him a game system (wii i believe) to help with his therapy. It sucks times changes and people move on so enjoy everyday folks because you never know when it will be gone.

UserPostedImage

I was at a couple of our tailgate gatherings. Someone made an awesome chili.
UserPostedImage
Smokey
3 years ago

I have been to many dozens of NFL games, from City Stadium in Green Bay to Lambeau Field, County Stadium,Tigers Stadium in Detroit, Metropolitan Stadium in Minneapolis and Sun Devil Stadium in Arizona and
I can assure everyone that Lambeau Field is not overrated.
Although at my age I will only go to 1 Packers game a season if it's a warm weather game, it remains a great experience every time.
But these days I prefer, for the most part, to watch from the comfort of my living room.

Originally Posted by: yooperfan 

Sir, this is not the first time that you have referred to your age. For the rest of us that don't know you so well, would you mind saying just how old you are?

As for me I'll be 64 shortly and don't mind saying so.

Thanks.
UserPostedImage
yooperfan
3 years ago
I’m 73.
I went to my first Packers game in old City Stadium at the age of eight.
Cheesey
3 years ago

Yup! And I still play the Wii bowling! I’ve had way over 100 perfect games on it! It’s hard to believe that 2 months from now it will be 12 years since my open heart surgery!
(And I’m STILL HERE!)
UserPostedImage
dhazer
3 years ago

Yup! And I still play the Wii bowling! I’ve had way over 100 perfect games on it! It’s hard to believe that 2 months from now it will be 12 years since my open heart surgery!
(And I’m STILL HERE!)

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

And we are glad your still here:D No who else I miss is Montana Bob his stories were always awesome and then the old marine Dave from out here in Pa
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (11h) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (12h) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Recent Topics
6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.