Zero2Cool
7 years ago
Here's a list of the Packers 2016 draft class. Who are you most excited to see in 2016 season? I'm thinking WR Trevor Davis is going to lead the way by default since linemen are hard to get excited about and the two LB's probably will Special Teams aces lol Anyhow, maybe you have a better more interesting thought!

[list=1]
  • 1 27 Kenny Clark NT UCLA
  • 2 48 Jason Spriggs OT Indiana
  • 3 88 Kyler Fackrell OLB Utah St.
  • 4 131 Blake Martinez ILB Stanford
  • 4 137 Dean Lowry DE Northwestern
  • 5 163 Trevor Davis WR California
  • [*]6 200 Kyle Murphy OT Stanford[/list]
    UserPostedImage
    Rockmolder
    7 years ago
    I'm going to go with Fackrell.

I imagine Kenny Clark will, again, be one of those servicable first round picks. A guy who's going to get a lot of time and contribute to the defence, but won't blow anyone away.

I'm not quite sure what to expect from Spriggs. He can go to work, polish his game and show some more strenght on the field and he might be the best LT we've had since Clifton. He's also not truly ready to play and if he doesn't progress, we'll have another Sherrod on our hands.

Fackrell, though, I have faith in. I don't think he'll ever become the premier pass rusher like Peppers and Matthews are, but I do think he'll be everything you look for in that 2nd OLB in a 3-4 scheme. He might become our best cover LB early in his NFL career, which gives you the luxury of moving him around on third downs. Add to that that he's great with his hands and I'm rather excited.

The only thing I don't like is his age. He'll be 25 by the time the season is over.
    nerdmann
    7 years ago

I'm going to go with Fackrell.

I imagine Kenny Clark will, again, be one of those servicable first round picks. A guy who's going to get a lot of time and contribute to the defence, but won't blow anyone away.

I'm not quite sure what to expect from Spriggs. He can go to work, polish his game and show some more strenght on the field and he might be the best LT we've had since Clifton. He's also not truly ready to play and if he doesn't progress, we'll have another Sherrod on our hands.

Fackrell, though, I have faith in. I don't think he'll ever become the premier pass rusher like Peppers and Matthews are, but I do think he'll be everything you look for in that 2nd OLB in a 3-4 scheme. He might become our best cover LB early in his NFL career, which gives you the luxury of moving him around on third downs. Add to that that he's great with his hands and I'm rather excited.

The only thing I don't like is his age. He'll be 25 by the time the season is over.

Originally Posted by: Rockmolder 

Me too. I wanted a bookend more than anything I is draft, and I think is dude can get it done.

He has both the speed (4.7) and height (6'5") to cover TEs down the seam.

Mostly want to see him get after the QB though.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
    DarkaneRules
    7 years ago
    I never expect immediate impact from rookies but remain hopeful. I'm more intrigued by the ILB prospects of Martinez and Brown. I feel like they'll both surprise us. I'd like to see one of the rookie corners flash in pre-season as well, so I'm basically hoping for another Gunter-like phenom.
    Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
    wpr
    • wpr
    • Preferred Member
    7 years ago

I would like to see Clark dazzle us but I don't think that will happen. (I hope this is not considered being negative and hoping a Packer fails to meet his dreams. I should probably admit I didn't watch him play every single down in college and I didn't watch his workouts or anything like that. But some fans require you to have that before you can have an opinion.

It would not break my heart if Spriggs isn't even activated on gameday. that means there are no injuries.

Fackrell will get a chance to line up and play some. He will probably get more snaps than the rest of the class of 16 so he will have a better chance to stand out than most.

Martinez is sitting at one of the weaker positions on the team but whether or not he gets on to the field very much is an other matter. Since they will be in nickle a lot there will probably one be 1 ILBer on the field. I think Mike/Dom will start the season with Ryan.

Lowry will be a rotational body. I don't see him as setting the world on fire at this time.

If Davis makes a splash it will be on special teams. He has a chance to take over the KO return duties. If so he will do well.

Murphy will be on the PS.
    UserPostedImage
    uffda udfa
    7 years ago
    I'm more excited about the UDFA class than the actual draftees...one of the most boring drafts we've ever taken part in. I was excited about Fackrell until I watched him out on YouTube clips. Guy looks incredibly passive. Has skills and is smooth out in space but I saw no heart or desire in what he does. Does a lot of just standing around and is coming off the ACL injury.

Trevor Davis has to be the pick especially based off his performance at the rookie mini camp and our desperate need for speed in the receiving game. He showed great hands and speed. KO returner is now a devalued position. I'm not sure most fans understand just how obsolete KO returners are with the new KO rules. Touchbacks could be a thing of the past with the ball coming out to the 25 if you kick it out of the endzone. The new strategy is presumably to do short pop up kicks to try and pin the returner deep. It's going to be awfully hard to return the ball if there are going to be pop up kicks, or if the kickers decide just to blast it out of the endzone. The speed guys like Janis and Davis thrive on long lead ups to gather speed. Speed will be far less useful when you can't get a big head of steam anymore.

The guy I'm excited about is S Kentrell Brice out of La Tech. Guy can't cover all that well but he's lightning fast and tracks runners very well and delivers some big hits. His form is terrible but he's like Chuck Cecil back there just trying to blow guys up. Our D could use some nasty to it and he's one to do it. He can rush the passer pretty well with his speed, too. Would love to see him as an in the box safety for us, used for safety blitzes and up closer to line of scrimmage to stop guys like Adrian Peterson.

From thenewsstar.com...(Brice took advantage of his pro day)...

Brice, known for his humble demeanor and quiet personality, made a loud, lasting impression on NFL scouts at Tech's Pro Day with a 42-inch vertical leap, a 4.38 40-yard dash, 21 reps on the bench press and a 11-1 broad jump. His individual performance served as one of the main highlights during Tuesday's four-hour long workout that featured 20 players from both Tech and Grambling.

"It was a surreal feeling," Brice told The News-Star on Saturday. "It was a long process sitting around waiting and not seeing your name called but knowing you had a team that really liked you and they came in and worked you at and didn't have the opportunity to get you but they still liked you. It shows they really cared. They showed the most love for me and I felt it was the best place for me."

---I've seen the guy in interviews and he's about as dumb as they come but man can he run and hit. Another Nick Collins measurables type. I hope he's more Nick Collins than Jerron McMillian.

Just to compare Nick Collins with this guy. Collins ran 4.36 vs. 4.38 for Brice, but Brice was hand timed. Brice bested Collins vertical jump by 2" and his broad jump by 15" and Brice did 10 more reps on the bench than Collins. Brice runs like Collins but is much stronger and can out jump him vertically and horizontally. Brice is one heckuvan athlete even better than Collins was. They both weren't very bright but one got drafted in Round 2 and another not at all. Will be fun to see how Brice looks as we go along.

Worst start to highlight vid ever...takes 30 some seconds to see the guy actually make a play...

UserPostedImage
    Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

DakotaT
    7 years ago
    Both OT's. Hope they subplant the current starts by 2017.
    UserPostedImage
    Wade
    • Wade
    • Veteran Member
    7 years ago
    1. Spriggs.
    2. Fackrell.
    And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
    Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
    nerdmann
    7 years ago
    One thing I didn't like was that they passed over quite a few good RBs who were available in value territory. That last TE too, Jerell Adams. He could have been had for excellent value.
    “Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
    mi_keys
    7 years ago
    Blake Martinez... That's probably just because we're desperate for an inside linebacker though.

Like his production in college and the agility he showed at the combine. Looking forward to watching and learning more about him.
    Born and bred a cheesehead
    Fan Shout
    packerfanoutwest (10h) : having a great long snapper is gold
    Zero2Cool (16h) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
    Zero2Cool (18h) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
    Zero2Cool (18h) : Insane about Kingsley
    dfosterf (20h) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
    dfosterf (20h) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
    dfosterf (20h) : We got Peter Bowde
    dfosterf (21h) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
    dfosterf (21h) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
    beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
    Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
    beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
    beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
    beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
    beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
    TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
    dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
    TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
    dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
    Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
    Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
    Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
    Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
    Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
    Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
    beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
    Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
    Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
    beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
    beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
    Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
    TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
    Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
    Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
    TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
    TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
    Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
    Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
    Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
    Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
    Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
    Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
    buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
    buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
    Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
    dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
    dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
    beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
    Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
    Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2023 Packers Schedule
    Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Falcons
    Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
    SAINTS
    Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
    LIONS
    Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
    Raiders
    Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
    Broncos
    Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
    RAMS
    Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
    Steelers
    Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
    CHARGERS
    Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
    CHIEFS
    Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
    Giants
    Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
    BUCCANEERS
    Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
    Panthers
    Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
    Vikings
    Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
    BEARS
    Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
    Cowboys
    Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
    49ers
    Recent Topics
    1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

15h / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
    Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.