PackFanWithTwins
7 years ago

the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco upheld a California law that requires gun owners to show a good reason before they can get a license to carry a concealed handgun.

Love how they ignore the fact that the majority of people who use a gun to defend themselves are doing so against a previously unknown threat. So for most people by the time they would know what the good reason was, it would be too late to apply.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Cheesey
7 years ago
Just another case of the government taking away the rights of honest, law abiding citizens.
They STILL don't want to admit that these kinds of laws are ONLY going to affect law abiding citizens, not criminals.
It's another "feel good" law that does NOTHING to disarm the criminals.
Like you said, if you need PROOF, you probably are too late. You have most likely been hit by the bad guys.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
7 years ago
It's like reading the NRA position word for word. LOL

With all you "law abiding" gun owning citizens, why is there still crime and mass shootings in this country? Must be Obama's fault. Obviously, you're not following through on the bull shit you spew. Fact is, most of you would run away like little bitches with your tail tucked between your legs if the shit really did hit the fan. Or, the criminal would just take the gun from your live sweaty hands and put it in his collection. Talk is cheap, action takes some courage. LOL
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
7 years ago

With all you "law abiding" gun owning citizens, why is there still crime and mass shootings in this country? Must be Obama's fault. Obviously, you're not following through on the bull shit you spew. Fact is, most of you would run away like little bitches with your tail tucked between your legs if the shit really did hit the fan. Or, the criminal would just take the gun from your live sweaty hands and put it in his collection. Talk is cheap, action takes some courage. LOL

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

You would fit in perfectly in CA. Ignore the facts in favor of bullcrap.
Rockmolder
7 years ago

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

That's rich.
DoddPower
7 years ago

Have you ever even visited CA? As someone that lives in CA, I'm not seeing this. Here in the Central Valley (one of the most conservative regions in the country; major ag area), everyone has lots of guns and there are concealed carry classes all the time. As the 2nd largest state in the country and the most populated, CA is much, much more than LA and San Francisco. I'm sure that could always change, but as of now, there of plenty of "gun rights" afforded in this regard.

I had my license in NC, but unfortunately it didn't transfer to CA. I'll re-up it out here eventually. But I am one of those "weird" people that enjoys responsible gun use, but also believes in sensible gun control. I'm sick of the hyperbole. It's so silly.
PackFanWithTwins
7 years ago

Have you ever even visited CA? As someone that lives in CA, I'm not seeing this. Here in the Central Valley (one of the most conservative regions in the country; major ag area), everyone has lots of guns and there are concealed carry classes all the time. As the 2nd largest state in the country and the most populated, CA is much, much more than LA and San Francisco. I'm sure that could always change, but as of now, there of plenty of "gun rights" afforded in this regard.

I had my license in NC, but unfortunately it didn't transfer to CA. I'll re-up it out here eventually. But I am one of those "weird" people that enjoys responsible gun use, but also believes in sensible gun control. I'm sick of the hyperbole. It's so silly.

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

I was stationed in SoCal for 3 years, plus worked I every major city of CA as far North as Sacramento. Unfortunately, the Conservative voice of CA get drowned out. I have friends that live in the whackjob liberal areas as well.

Just like Texas is seen as Republican, there are plenty of liberals there also, but they tend to not be heard because of the dominance of the GOP there.

Incidents like this ruling definitely don't help with the CA image.
DoddPower
7 years ago

I was stationed in SoCal for 3 years, plus worked I every major city of CA as far North as Sacramento. Unfortunately, the Conservative voice of CA get drowned out.

You couldn't tell by your posts. The rest of California is nothing like the major cities, and SoCal is an area in and of itself entirely. Major cities are always less gun friendly, in theory. Guns are a part of life here in the rural country and are plentiful, as are concealed carry permits. The county Farm Bureaus advertise for the classes what seems to be monthly. Of course things could change, but as of today, I'm not seeing what the fuss is. Of course there is a 10 round maximum here for handguns, which is kind of lame. But then again, if you can't do it in 10, you probably have no business doing it period.

In much of the Central Valley of CA, many are gun obsessed. I've never understood how obsessed/possessed some get with guns. If some of those folks diverted a fraction of that energy towards some other important issues, it would probably be a good thing (for example, the Central Valley is one of the most poor regions in the country). Some folks just really lose perspective when it comes to guns.
Cheesey
7 years ago

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Let's do something you NEVER do. I will actually ANSWER your reply. Not just regurgitate the liberal stance.
The reason there are still mass shootings and crimes are because there are EVIL people in this country, that have NO reguard for the LAW.
It is the law abiding citizens that are affected by laws, NOT the criminals! Why is that so hard for you to understand? (I know why, you CHOOSE to ignore the truth).
Are there not PLENTY of laws already on the books against mass shootings and crime? (If you didn't already no, the answer is YES). The ONLY way to stop these things from happening is to make the punishment actually fit the crime. The "slap on the wrist" liberal judges that put these scum bags back on the streets when they commit crimes are the REAL problem.
If you checked out the numbers, you would see that the vast majority of criminals that get let out of prison commit more and worse crimes once they get out. Our prisons are "revolving doors".
We NEED to start protecting the innocent victims and stop coddling the criminals.
Otherwise you are just making more laws for the bad guys to ignore.
And as far as any scum that walks into a place and starts shooting innocent people, that's even harder to stop. The creep in Florida didn't care if he died, so how do you stop someone like that?
Terrorists see it as a positive if they die for their "cause".
I believe he knows differently now, as he is in a place where he IS paying for what he did.
Making law abiding people look like the criminals is NOT the answer to lower crime.
And if someone did break into my home, they would find they made a big mistake.
I hope it never happens, but I would defend my self and family from anyone.
I would THINK you would do the same......maybe not....maybe you would just let them do whatever they wanted to do to your wife and children.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
7 years ago

Let's do something you NEVER do. I will actually ANSWER your reply. Not just regurgitate the liberal stance.
The reason there are still mass shootings and crimes are because there are EVIL people in this country, that have NO reguard for the LAW.
It is the law abiding citizens that are affected by laws, NOT the criminals! Why is that so hard for you to understand? (I know why, you CHOOSE to ignore the truth).
Are there not PLENTY of laws already on the books against mass shootings and crime? (If you didn't already no, the answer is YES). The ONLY way to stop these things from happening is to make the punishment actually fit the crime. The "slap on the wrist" liberal judges that put these scum bags back on the streets when they commit crimes are the REAL problem.
If you checked out the numbers, you would see that the vast majority of criminals that get let out of prison commit more and worse crimes once they get out. Our prisons are "revolving doors".
We NEED to start protecting the innocent victims and stop coddling the criminals.
Otherwise you are just making more laws for the bad guys to ignore.
And as far as any scum that walks into a place and starts shooting innocent people, that's even harder to stop. The creep in Florida didn't care if he died, so how do you stop someone like that?
Terrorists see it as a positive if they die for their "cause".
I believe he knows differently now, as he is in a place where he IS paying for what he did.
Making law abiding people look like the criminals is NOT the answer to lower crime.
And if someone did break into my home, they would find they made a big mistake.
I hope it never happens, but I would defend my self and family from anyone.
I would THINK you would do the same......maybe not....maybe you would just let them do whatever they wanted to do to your wife and children.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Shit Cheesey, you're so busted up, you wouldn't even make it to your weapon, which is my point entirely. Talk is cheap. Fact of the matter is, people like you are paranoid and to make matters worse, the news sources you choose to frequent use that paranoia to make you even bigger imbeciles than you already are.

If it makes you feel good to own guns, then own them. I really don't give a shit one way or another. What I do care about are unreasonable people who think owning AR-15's is a part of their Constitutional rights. They have taken a lot of latitude with their interpretation of the second amendment. Those are assault weapons for the military, and until NRA nimrods give an inch, the reasonable people in this country are going to be pissed about this issue.

Taking assault weapons off the streets and from the citizens of a violent country is what reasonable people want. It is not an infringement of your rights in any way. If you can't stop that burgler with a revolver, shotgun, or rifle; are you really competent to use an AR-15. LOL
UserPostedImage