wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
7 years ago
I admire a man who is willing to take a look at a situation from the other person's perspective and afterward comes away with a new outlook.

UserPostedImage
DakotaT
7 years ago
Scenarios 2 & 3 are the only ones relevant to what has been going on with all the racial executions in this country, and in both cases, a trained law officer should have been able to have the guy in handcuffs.

Scenario 1 is an ambush which is why law officers wear bulletproof vests and return fire is warranted.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
7 years ago
Yeah! The "all knowing" Troy, can know that police should just wait to be shot before protecting themselves.
Blame the cops!
To make excuses for scumbags to shoot the police is about as stupid a post as I have EVER seen.
Just another proof of who REALLY is a racist here.
ALL LIVES MATTER!
And WHO would you call if someone is breaking into your home? A thug with a gun, or the police?
To make it sound like cops are just going around shooting innocent people, is not being honest or looking at the facts.
How many people that have been killed in police custody were NOT involved in a crime, or resisting arrest?
Obey the laws, do what the police tell you to do if you are pulled over, and you won't end up dead.
Common sense.
Oh....and far as "racial executions" go, where is the uproar about black on black crime? Every day in this country dozens of murders are committed by black people on people of their own race. If black lives REALLY matter, why don't the black people stop killing each other? Why isn't there some black guy opening fire on a black neighborhood like the guy that murdered all those police officers? I know....its race. An excuse to kill white officers.
I'm surprised cops don't just quit their jobs. The abuse they put up with, and the little amount of respect they get. Putting their lives on the line every day.
I'm surprised they put up with it.
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
7 years ago
None of those were even difficult situations.

1st one the idea of wearing a vest and return fire is moronic. You get shot even with a vest, you are likely not going to be able to defend yourself for a period of time in which you can be shot multiple more times, and in places where you don't have a vest to cover, or the bad guy being able to take control of you and your weapon.

2nd one would be a good situation to have a taser, but that isn't always possible. And if you don't, you have to defend yourself and that includes with lethal force.

The 3rd one, would hope the officer is skilled enough to be able to restrain and get the cuffs on the suspect once having them prone, but that isn't always the case. If you have ever tried to get control of both arms of somebody who doesn't want them controlled it isn't that easy. Again another situation where a less than lethal option would be good, but again, not always possible.

And if this is racial execution, why is it only blacks that get the press? What about Hispanics and Asians? or is racism only against blacks? Perhaps the racism is from those who portray every shooting against a black as racism. Heck in MN the office was Jeronimo Yanez. Apparently Hispanics are racist against blacks also.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
wpr
  • wpr
7 years ago
You all are missing the point. The point of this video was a man, Rev. Jarrett Maupin, who has led a number of non violate protests over the past few years admitted that things do happen quickly. He understands how some incidents can get out of control.

This video was from 2015. If you go to his twitter account you will see he is still organizing rallies.

Tonight while looking to make sure I spelled his name correctly I came across another story where another Black leader, Quanell X, experienced the shoot or don't shoot scenario .

“I walked away with a few things,” Quanell said “Many of these officers do not have adequate training and they should not be patrolling by themselves. Having backup would stop them from being skittish and firing their weapon.

“Also, we have to teach our community that, even if you disagree with the officer, do not try to litigate with them on the spot," he added. "Live to see another day. Don’t let our pride get in the way. Otherwise, you are setting yourself up.”

“I actually fired six times,” Quanell recalled. “I always questioned why officers fired so many shots in these situations. After going through the training, I think it’s very hard for an officer to know how many shots they fired when they are in the moment.”

There is no doubt that a trained law enforcement officer will do better in these situations but people are people not machines. They have adrenaline. They think of their families. They blink. They look at the information and misinterpret it. Maybe more training would help. I am sure most major cities are squeezing their budgets everywhere.

What would also help is if these young men didn't try to push back and "win" the situation. I realize they more than likely have had a belly full of incidents in their life but getting aggressive does not work. Now will it ever work. No matter if you are Black, White or green.

The point I was trying to make is that I admire men who come in with one entrenched idea and walk away realizing they didn't have all the facts.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
7 years ago
To me the biggest problem is people that fight back against the cops. Cooperate and it will end ok for you. Fighting back will NEVER end in your favor.
But today, if you DISS someone, they fight.
It's stupid, and can only end up with you hurt or dead.
DO WHAT THE COP SAYS! Then you won't get shot. Pretty simple, if you ask me.

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
7 years ago

To me the biggest problem is people that fight back against the cops. Cooperate and it will end ok for you. Fighting back will NEVER end in your favor.
But today, if you DISS someone, they fight.
It's stupid, and can only end up with you hurt or dead.
DO WHAT THE COP SAYS! Then you won't get shot. Pretty simple, if you ask me.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

It isn't that simple. If you personally had been harassed 50 or 60 times you would get to the point that you don't care any more. Maybe it would be 500 or 600 times but everyone has a breaking point. Just look at this board as an example. People get snarky after a few posts.

Some of it is racial profiling some not. There is always going to be a some jerks in every group who would harass simply because they have the power and authority to do so. The biggest reason for profiling it because it works. If it was not very effective law enforcement would look for a different tool.

I sat in a county board committee meeting yesterday. The Sheriff was telling the group that he had to let go 4-5 deputies because they failed their psych exam. Later he mentioned that for one position he has 35 applicants. After all the testing he got down to about 6 guys he offered the position. 5 of them turned him down. They could make more money in another county that is closer to Chicago and can afford to pay more. It got me to thinking about larger departments like the major cities. I am guessing we have 40 deputies. City of Chicago is probably closer to 1000 or what ever it is. They don't have the luxury of being as fussy about who they hire. They need bodies on the line. If the guy doesn't screw up he gets to keep his job. Too many of them screw up in one way or another.

I guess it doesn't matter how well you are traded. Tackleberry is always going to be Tackleberry.
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
7 years ago

Some of it is racial profiling some not. There is always going to be a some jerks in every group who would harass simply because they have the power and authority to do so. The biggest reason for profiling it because it works. If it was not very effective law enforcement would look for a different tool.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Problem is, police profile based on crime statistics, not race. You want to fight crime you put your resources where the crime is happening. Which in most big cities that is in the areas where minorities usually live. It isn't racial it is statistical. And that is why the percentages don't match racial demographics. Its the activists and media and this administration that are trying to make it racial.

As Cheesy said, fighting back will never end in their favor. Whether they believe they have been harassed or not. The disrespect shown to police around the country is sickening. People getting POed, because the police stopped them for speeding when they know they were speeding. but instead of getting mad at themselves they take out on the police doing their job.

In Dallas, one of the things I noticed. Not just that the police did their job, but the number of people who had just been protesting and disrespecting police turned and ran towards them for protection.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
wpr
  • wpr
7 years ago

Problem is, police profile based on crime statistics, not race. You want to fight crime you put your resources where the crime is happening. Which in most big cities that is in the areas where minorities usually live. It isn't racial it is statistical. And that is why the percentages don't match racial demographics. Its the activists and media and this administration that are trying to make it racial.

As Cheesy said, fighting back will never end in their favor. Whether they believe they have been harassed or not. The disrespect shown to police around the country is sickening. People getting POed, because the police stopped them for speeding when they know they were speeding. but instead of getting mad at themselves they take out on the police doing their job.

In Dallas, one of the things I noticed. Not just that the police did their job, but the number of people who had just been protesting and disrespecting police turned and ran towards them for protection.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

I meant to put "Racial profiling" in quotes. You will not every other time I only used the word profiling.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
7 years ago
I talked to a local sheriff. He told me that when he pulls over young people (not black) the kids curse him and almost never show any respect. That's one of the bigger problems. Kids are taught they are special, and have rights. They are not taught to be responsible for their actions.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.