wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
7 years ago

Packers receiver Jordy Nelson had a huge first half against the Vikings today, catching seven passes for 145 yards and two touchdowns before halftime. And he did it against a Minnesota secondary that was defying the orders of head coach Mike Zimmer to have cornerback Xavier Rhodes shadow Nelson. At halftime, Zimmer ordered the players...

Continue Reading @ Michael David Smith 

Michael David Smith wrote:

Unbelievable on so many levels.
UserPostedImage
DarkaneRules
7 years ago
That linebacker Kendricks was on fire today. That guy earned my total respect. Harrison Smith is a great player in the defensive backfield but other than him I think the other guys are overrated.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Barfarn
7 years ago

Unbelievable on so many levels.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Who do they think they are Doppelganger Rodgers?šŸ˜‚ Sorry WPR had to toss that in!

You are right on this WPR; Zimmer is done! Vikes cant win with that nimrod as coach; Zimmer will never head coach again. He's the perfect guy to bring in as Asst DC next year; then he can take over for Dom in the coming years.

I thought he was a good coach, but he's lost his mind. Many times this year he publicly called his team and players horse crap, cant imagine what he said in private. In hindsight, I bet that's why Norv turner quit, he saw it as classless and destructive to his offensive efficiency and the team! This tactic of publicly throwing your players under the bus has never worked. Well it worked for Lacy; Lacy playing NT next year means we can save 3.3M by cutting Guion.

I'd ask so many question at PC tomorrow:

Supposedly, at the half Zimmer made them go back to the gameplan. That makes no sense.

After the first 3-4 plays Zimmer had to know they were rebelling. So why didnā€™t he stop it then? Or was he silent did he say, ā€œfine, Iā€™ll let you dumbass children stick your finger in the electrical socket.ā€ Or did he try to stop them and they said FU?

The D-Coord saw the rebellion too, did he go to players and they said FU; did he go to Zimmer saying they wont listen to me; what was he doing?

Maybe Zimmer agreed to it to see how itā€™d work out; then why wait ā€˜til halftime to revert to original game plan? And if Zimmer tacitly agreed to the rebellion, then why did he toss them under the bus in his press conference?

If these guys thought there was a better plan why didnā€™t they bring it up earlier in week? Or did they and Zimmer said FU. Or do they see Zimmer as unapproachable?

Why'd Rhodes even bring it up? Was he trying to make the rebellion public, because no one would have known, it looked like a routine half time adjustment? Was he trying to get Zimmer fired? In 2017, Rhodes as an 8M option or he's a FA; is he trying not to have his option picked up?
luigis
7 years ago
I'll say it again, Mike McCarthy isn't perfect but compared to the coaches our division rivals have had he is master Yoda.

Detroit:
Rod Marinelli
Jim Schwartz
Jim Caldwel

Minnesota:
Mike Tice
Brad Childress
Leslie Frazier
Mike Zimmer

Bears:
Lovie Smith
Marc Trestman
John Fox

What a group! It is almost impossible to get outcoached by anyone on the list.

Luis
DoddPower
7 years ago
Vikings gonna Vike.
beast
7 years ago

You are right on this WPR; Zimmer is done! Vikes cant win with that nimrod as coach; Zimmer will never head coach again. He's the perfect guy to bring in as Asst DC next year; then he can take over for Dom in the coming years.

I thought he was a good coach, but he's lost his mind. Many times this year he publicly called his team and players horse crap, cant imagine what he said in private. In hindsight, I bet that's why Norv turner quit, he saw it as classless and destructive to his offensive efficiency and the team! This tactic of publicly throwing your players under the bus has never worked.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

Don't forget the Vikings looked like one of the best two teams in the NFC before BOTH their starting OTs got injured for the year. I'm guessing they look strong again next year if those OTs are back.

Seems like a lot of coaches have been throwing their players under the bus publically, more than before. I feel like Bruce Arians was one of the worst.

I don't know why Norv Turner quit, but I thought it'd be a bad fit from day one.... Norv is well known for his aggressive style and wanting and willingness to take risk. While Zimmer is known for being quiet conservative and desire to avoid risk. I've thought this probably played a huge role into it... and I've wondered if the Bradford move had anything to do with it.

After the first 3-4 plays Zimmer had to know they were rebelling. So why didnā€™t he stop it then? Or was he silent did he say, ā€œfine, Iā€™ll let you dumbass children stick your finger in the electrical socket.ā€ Or did he try to stop them and they said FU?

The D-Coord saw the rebellion too, did he go to players and they said FU; did he go to Zimmer saying they wont listen to me; what was he doing?

Maybe Zimmer agreed to it to see how itā€™d work out; then why wait ā€˜til halftime to revert to original game plan? And if Zimmer tacitly agreed to the rebellion, then why did he toss them under the bus in his press conference?

If these guys thought there was a better plan why didnā€™t they bring it up earlier in week? Or did they and Zimmer said FU. Or do they see Zimmer as unapproachable?

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

All good questions

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
7 years ago

I'll say it again, Mike McCarthy isn't perfect but compared to the coaches our division rivals have had he is master Yoda.

Detroit:
Rod Marinelli
Jim Schwartz
Jim Caldwel

Minnesota:
Mike Tice
Brad Childress
Leslie Frazier
Mike Zimmer

Bears:
Lovie Smith
Marc Trestman
John Fox

What a group! It is almost impossible to get outcoached by anyone on the list.

Originally Posted by: luigis 

There are some joke HC here but a few of them were pretty decent. Lovie wasn't horrible. He took his team to the SB. They had an easy schedule that year and got a few lucky breaks along the way but they still made it.

Every single one of them would have been more respectable if they had a future HoF QB playing for them.

UserPostedImage
nerdmann
7 years ago

Don't forget the Vikings looked like one of the best two teams in the NFC before BOTH their starting OTs got injured for the year. I'm guessing they look strong again next year if those OTs are back.

Seems like a lot of coaches have been throwing their players under the bus publically, more than before. I feel like Bruce Arians was one of the worst.

I don't know why Norv Turner quit, but I thought it'd be a bad fit from day one.... Norv is well known for his aggressive style and wanting and willingness to take risk. While Zimmer is known for being quiet conservative and desire to avoid risk. I've thought this probably played a huge role into it... and I've wondered if the Bradford move had anything to do with it.

All good questions

Originally Posted by: beast 

They also lost both their starting QB and HoF RB.

Dude made chicken salad.

ā€œWinning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a whileā€¦you do them right all the time.ā€
sschind
7 years ago

Dude made chicken salad.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

I guess making chicken salad out of a porterhouse steak is fine if its all you can get.
beast
7 years ago

Dude made chicken salad.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

I don't count them, because they traded for a better QB than their starting QB (becoming their new starting QB) and their HoF cĢ¶hĢ¶iĢ¶lĢ¶dĢ¶ Ģ¶bĢ¶eĢ¶aĢ¶tĢ¶eĢ¶rĢ¶ RB was done before he got injured... as he was averaging less than 2 yards per rush before getting injured and since he came back, he's average went up, but it's still under 2 yards per rush.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
beast (7h) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (9h) : damn those vikings
beast (9h) : UDFA Vikings sign TE ā€“ Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (9h) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (9h) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (9h) : OL ā€“ Donovan Jennings, USF OT ā€“ Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (9h) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (16h) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (17h) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (17h) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said heā€™s been told he wonā€™t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright Ā© 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comā„¢. All Rights Reserved.