Zero2Cool
7 years ago
Again, Davante Adams forcing the haters to SHUT YOUR DAMN HOLE and learn you some ball of foot!! 🙂

Okay, but watch this play, pretty damn awesome! He knows he has a dude drapped all over him and says hey put it right 'here' and Rodgers does exactly that. Just got to get this kid to catch the easy passes and we'll have a superstar!

UserPostedImage
steveishere
7 years ago
Was a good catch but that was probably his least impressive play. His slant routes were actually good, on that play he was well covered 100% of the play. That one is to me a 99% credit to Rodgers, perfect placement to a covered WR after evading pressure.
Porforis
7 years ago

Was a good catch but that was probably his least impressive play. His slant routes were actually good, on that play he was well covered 100% of the play. That one is to me a 99% credit to Rodgers, perfect placement to a covered WR after evading pressure.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

Don't agree with that assessment. Maybe 50-50. Ball could have been a little off to the outside and still catchable but it still required a darn good pass, so credit there. That was a REALLY hard ball to bring in so kudos to Adams there.
musccy
7 years ago
He's good, obviously has been big for us and we'll need him assuming Jordy is out, but I wouldn't say he's truly unique or "special."
PackFanWithTwins
7 years ago
He is good. But there are a lot of good WR. He hasn't proven himself to be special yet. Always hopeful he will someday.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Smokey
7 years ago
Adams , IMO, has showed marked improvement sense GB's opening game with Jacksonville. He has gotten better running his routes, making catches, and gaining yards following a catch. He has earned his "at a boy". [biggrin]
UserPostedImage
steveishere
7 years ago

Don't agree with that assessment. Maybe 50-50. Ball could have been a little off to the outside and still catchable but it still required a darn good pass, so credit there. That was a REALLY hard ball to bring in so kudos to Adams there.

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

I said it was a good catch but the rest of the play wasn't anything special. He nwver got open the whole play and wasn't even open when he caught it but Rodgers threw a ridiculous pass. Every other route Adams caught a pass on was more impressive than that one.
uffda udfa
7 years ago
I'm the #1 Davante "hater"...never thought much of him but can't dismiss what he's done in multiple games this season. The one thing that has really stood out to me is he's gotten open on several go routes where he has a lot of separation between himself and the DB. I'm not sure how this is occurring as I don't have all 22 but it's hard for me to imagine it's due to his raw speed which isn't anything but a tick below average. Perhaps, he's winning at the line if they're pressing him with his strength?

That play from the video is almost all Rodgers and the OL. If I remember correctly, Rodgers had 9 seconds back there. That's the most Davante could separate in 9 seconds? I'm sorry but that's not very good. Rodgers throw was all world. B.B. in there. Daisy would be proud of that one.

Let's hope we don't see the 2015 version this week now that Dallas can prepare for the strong possibility that Jordy isn't going to be there. I was worried we'd see that movie again vs. the Giants but DRC went out, also. Let's see if Davante can elevate this Sunday against a very beatable Dallas secondary.

Cobb once put up huge numbers with Jordy...now Davante put up good ones but those below Randall's and Cobb vanished making us think Randall was overpaid and sucked without Jordy. Was Davante the beneficiary ala RC18 from past years? Can he stand on his own? Let's see this Sunday.

Oh, and realistically speaking...if there is any other QB under center minus Rodgers, that play never happens. 9 seconds of dancing around is almost unheard of... most QB's are throwing well before even half that time and Davante wouldn't have been open and that play is a throw away or a sack with most other QB's.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Barfarn
7 years ago

I'm the #1 Davante "hater"...never thought much of him but can't dismiss what he's done in multiple games this season. The one thing that has really stood out to me is he's gotten open on several go routes where he has a lot of separation between himself and the DB. I'm not sure how this is occurring as I don't have all 22 but it's hard for me to imagine it's due to his raw speed which isn't anything but a tick below average. Perhaps, he's winning at the line if they're pressing him with his strength?

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

I could make a statistical argument that there is an inverse relation between speed and being a good WR, to wit:

Here’s the 3 fastest/slowest of top 10 WR per sports exchange:
2014 Cooks, Moncrief, Beckham/Evans, Benjamin, Allen Robinson (Landry #12 4.61; Archer #17 4.16)
2013 Austin, Patterson, Hunter/Allen, Hopkins, Terr. Williams (Marquisse Godwin #11 4.21)
2012 Hill, Givens, Jenkins/Sanu, Quick, Jeffery
2011 Julio, Gates, Titus Young/AJ Green, J Baldwin, Salas
2010 Tate, Benn, Mcluster/Decker, Lafell, Tie Dez Bryant, Demarious Thomas, Shipley
2009, Bey, Harvin, Maclin/Massaqui, Hicks, Crabtree (Jacoby Ford #15 4.22)

I think the reason is that College speedsters don’t need to learn to run routes to get open, so they don’t devote themselves to their craft [Guys like Beckham and Julio took to pro caliber WR coaching in college]. Suddenly they come into NFL and these speedsters can’t even run by slow pokes like Sherman and Gunter because these guys turn 4.33 speed to 4.65 speed with a touch of the finger.

WRs don’t get separation with speed, they get it by learning how to move at just the right time a certain way to get their DB off balance in a direction opposite of the direction they intend to head. And/or artfully pushing off like Chris Carter and Cobb on that Hail Mary. Of course, if a WR has speed and route running skill, you end up with Julio.
mi_keys
7 years ago

I could make a statistical argument that there is an inverse relation between speed and being a good WR, to wit:

Here’s the 3 fastest/slowest of top 10 WR per sports exchange:
2014 Cooks, Moncrief, Beckham/Evans, Benjamin, Allen Robinson (Landry #12 4.61; Archer #17 4.16)
2013 Austin, Patterson, Hunter/Allen, Hopkins, Terr. Williams (Marquisse Godwin #11 4.21)
2012 Hill, Givens, Jenkins/Sanu, Quick, Jeffery
2011 Julio, Gates, Titus Young/AJ Green, J Baldwin, Salas
2010 Tate, Benn, Mcluster/Decker, Lafell, Tie Dez Bryant, Demarious Thomas, Shipley
2009, Bey, Harvin, Maclin/Massaqui, Hicks, Crabtree (Jacoby Ford #15 4.22)

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

How is that a statistical analysis? You've taken a minuscule, non-random sample from a data set that's already small (roughly 30 receivers drafted a year plus however many UDFA). And you have not provided any numbers attempting to quantify the speed or production/skill/ability of each receiver so no comparison can be made.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (52m) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (9h) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (9h) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (14h) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (14h) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (14h) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

1-May / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.