beast
7 years ago

Who dissents more strongly than I do? That has everything to do with this issue.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

No not everything... there as a lot more factors as well. Including your ability to completely ignore facts that point towards your stance being mistaken and when you're losing a debate you'll often change what you're debating, or the debate subject or argument to something slightly different to get off the subject when you're losing the debate.

The issue has little to do with the fact that you are dissenting... and a lot more to do with how you handle yourself.

UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
7 years ago
Okay. If you insist. I'm an excellent nuanced debater and you think the arguments I make change?

Pick your favorite example. Would love to learn of what you're speaking to.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

beast
7 years ago

Okay. If you insist. I'm an excellent nuanced debater and you think the arguments I make change?

Pick your favorite example. Would love to learn of what you're speaking to.

I already have... I've pointed out you were changing your argument at least five different times myself... and others have as well... stop being fake, it clear you don't give a shit what others say, you just want to argue, and so people don't give a shit about taking you seriously... and why people think your a troll and want to win and want the last word every time.
UserPostedImage
beast
7 years ago

I never said you'd be blocked or wpr! Your "research" is flawed as is your reading comprehension.

You're not articulate either: A fact is something that can be proven true or false. This is pseudo-intellectual argument. A coach having ten job offers is a fact; a coach being a hot commodity is not a fact because it cant be proven true or false. One may see a college LB coach as "hot" just for getting a call from Packers.

Let me add another: your argument is duplicitous. You demand "proof" from others [and Lovie's Smith comment is extremely strong evidence to that end]; but you provide no proof to support your contention that Lovie is outright lying. Again, if you want proof...YOU FIRST!

We're still laughing over here about your "analysis" in the thread where you say being a GM is easy, because your eyeball test is so reliable. I haven't responded to that yet, because we sent some of your Ted is an idiot posts to 1265 along with your "articulate" and "researched" Ted didn't go to no GM school and eyeball test stuff. We're trying to gather PROOF as to the efficacy of your statements. We've asked among other things, using your comments, why GB spends so much on a scouting department. Seems unnecessary given your "articulate research." When we hear back we'll respond.

Heck, it can be expected, if 1265 can fire the entire scouting staff and hire you for 7.85/hr, then I can report that you are a rising star and a hot commodity. Oh and if GB offers you a job, I bet other franchises will too. Someone may even go as high as 7.99/hr for your services.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

[rock] [rock] [rock] [rock]
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
7 years ago
The proof offered was common sense multiple times, I might add. You are trying to flip this...Again. You made the statement he was hot. Burden of proof on you...Not me or wpr.

Lovie's comment is no proof that he was a hot commodity. Why do you constantly insist this? Just take the loss and move on.

What a surprise there is more demeaning from you? Shocked. When you're beaten you lash out. You've been lashing a lot lately.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
7 years ago

Take this thread. Either McGarigle was a hot commodity or he wasn't. It's not a view it's a fact one way or the other.

We can debate TT, Mike McCarthy and other things all day. That's fun and more vague.

Are you going to answer the question at hand? You seem to stick to me and not the subject.

There are several posts I could have used-
People this thread is about MC Garigle and not uffda. Get back on topic or it will be locked.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
7 years ago
Here's Lovie on the hire of Garrick McGee as his OC:

Smith called McGee "one of the top offensive coaches in the nation."

Meanwhile, Bobby Petrino said of McGee as he was leaving him to join Lovie that "he understood and wished him well".

Per Barfarn, that would mean McGee was a hot commodity per Lovie because of his praise and not a hot commodity due to Petrino's muted response.
UserPostedImage

Barfarn
7 years ago

Here's Lovie on the hire of Garrick McGee as his OC:

Smith called McGee "one of the top offensive coaches in the nation."

Meanwhile, Bobby Petrino said of McGee as he was leaving him to join Lovie that "he understood and wished him well".

Per Barfarn, that would mean McGee was a hot commodity per Lovie because of his praise and not a hot commodity due to Petrino's muted response.

Again an argument that is not researched or articulate. Such a short childish amoral argument, filled with logic errors, dishonesty and backed by a complete lack of knowledge and an argument that may be bigoted.

I know McGee too, it been a while, he was a genius then, not just in football, the guy is very intelligent and I’d bet he’s grown even more. Trashing a person in their profession that you know NOTHING about, and citing no basis, is amoral argument and could constitute defamation per se [nono] if your words carried any weight. 😂

I suspect you know McGee is Black and I really hope your errant opinion of McGee was not formed solely on that. Without providing any info to the contrary you are saying Lovie ‘s positive assessment of McGee’s offensive mind is false on its face…a face that is Black. [nono]

What Smith said is not only very NORMAL talk of an incoming coach; but concerning McGee it is 100% true. And quite irrelevant.

FOCUS: The issue is whether Smith’s assessment coaches moving out the door is coach-speak.

If over effusive praise of a coach moving on is good for the program; then Smith would issue effusive praise about every single coach no longer working for him. Right? I mean Duh, if it good for the program you do it every time, don’t ya? [whead] Ya know, like the OC that McGee replaced, did Lovie say he was a rising star? Here’s a list of Illinois coaches that Lovie has let go:

Ryan Cubit
A.J. Ricker
Al Seamonson
Jeff Hecklinski
Mike Bellamy
Nathan Scheelhaase

Not a single one described as a “rising star!” Why? Because Lovie reserves such comments for only when they are the truth. McGarigle is a freaking rising star. Did you hear what Kraft whispered to Belicheck during the Lombardi presentation? “Psst, Bill, I might replace you with rising start McGarigle next year.” [bdance]

PS: Research can be agenda driven and selectively cherry-picked to obfuscate truth. Too bad you failed to research and or be able to understand Petrino and McGee's long standing relationship, the timing of McGee jumping ship, and Petrino's temper.[nono]
uffda udfa
7 years ago
Why you brought race into this is beyond my comprehension?

You made a ridiculous statement about McGarigle and offered Lovie's quote as proof.

So, I used Lovie's quote on McGee to say that in Barfarn world he must've been a hot commodity. I then used Petrino's lack of effusive praise to indicate, again, that in Barfarn world he must not have been hot posing a contradiction. Also, showing that Lovie gets a little liberal in his commentary further weakening your weak unsubstantiated basis for calling McGarigle a hot commodity. Pretty simple.
UserPostedImage

uffda udfa
7 years ago

Again an argument that is not researched or articulate. Such a short childish amoral argument, filled with logic errors, dishonesty and backed by a complete lack of knowledge and an argument that may be bigoted.

I know McGee too, it been a while, he was a genius then, not just in football, the guy is very intelligent and I’d bet he’s grown even more. Trashing a person in their profession that you know NOTHING about, and citing no basis, is amoral argument and could constitute defamation per se [nono] if your words carried any weight. 😂

I suspect you know McGee is Black and I really hope your errant opinion of McGee was not formed solely on that. Without providing any info to the contrary you are saying Lovie ‘s positive assessment of McGee’s offensive mind is false on its face…a face that is Black. [nono]

What Smith said is not only very NORMAL talk of an incoming coach; but concerning McGee it is 100% true. And quite irrelevant.

FOCUS: The issue is whether Smith’s assessment coaches moving out the door is coach-speak.

If over effusive praise of a coach moving on is good for the program; then Smith would issue effusive praise about every single coach no longer working for him. Right? I mean Duh, if it good for the program you do it every time, don’t ya? [whead] Ya know, like the OC that McGee replaced, did Lovie say he was a rising star? Here’s a list of Illinois coaches that Lovie has let go:

Ryan Cubit
A.J. Ricker
Al Seamonson
Jeff Hecklinski
Mike Bellamy
Nathan Scheelhaase

Not a single one described as a “rising star!” Why? Because Lovie reserves such comments for only when they are the truth. McGarigle is a freaking rising star. Did you hear what Kraft whispered to Belicheck during the Lombardi presentation? “Psst, Bill, I might replace you with rising start McGarigle next year.” [bdance]

PS: Research can be agenda driven and selectively cherry-picked to obfuscate truth. Too bad you failed to research and or be able to understand Petrino and McGee's long standing relationship, the timing of McGee jumping ship, and Petrino's temper.[nono]

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

Have to add this...it's hysterical to see the list of names you posted about Lovie not praising them. He FIRED those guys. Did he fire McGarigle? My goodness. I don't even know what to say to you anymore. You're trying to justify your hot commodity stance by posting a list of guys Lovie didn't praise because he FIRED them? How could he effusively praise guys he fired? Man, oh, man.
UserPostedImage

Fan Shout
dhazer (5h) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (6h) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (6h) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (22h) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.