beast
  • beast
  • Select Member Topic Starter
7 years ago
These are the Packers FAs (according to spotrac).

Who do you want the Packers to resign?

UFAs will hit the open market (though one can be slapped with a franchise tagged which comes which a huge pay day).
UFA
RB Eddie Lacy
RB Christine Michael
TE Jared Cook
OG T.J. Lang
OC J.C. Tretter
OL Don Barclay
OLB Nick Perry
OLB Julius Peppers
OLB Datone Jones
DB Micah Hyde
LS Brett Goode

RFAs, need a tender placed on them (usually original round tender get placed on them), if they don't get a tender offered to them, then they also hit the open market.
RFA
OLB Jayrone Elliot
ILB Jordan Tripp
P Jake Schum

ERFAs, basically have to resign with the Packers, unless the Packers don't want them.
ERFA
RB John Crockett
RB Don Jackson
FB Joe Kerridge
ILB Joe Thomas
DL Christian Ringo
UserPostedImage
Barfarn
7 years ago
Nice post Beast, but I want your opinion too!😂

I hear Ted is considering signing Goode, ya know cause we need a LS, and rolling 46M into 2018.

Spotrac as you show lists Schum as a RFA, but I think he's an ERFA. To be RFA ya gotta have 3 accrued years, Schum only has 2.

Of course, we sign all the ERFAs for min. contracts and see if they can make the team.

The lowest RFA tender last year was 1.671M; so this year its about 1.8M. I think I try to sign Elliot as an UFA [cheaper than that] and Tripp no more than min.

The only position of need we have is OLB. I have no idea what Perry is worth-spotrac has his market value at 8.6M x5, I'll take it. But his agent will probably try to sell him as a 34 DE and Vernon last year got 85M/5yr w/ 52M G and he had 7.5 sacks in contract year and 29 total in his 4 year career. Though Vernon never missed a game.

They have Cook at 3.3M x 4, I'll take that too; but no more.

Spotrac has Lang at 8.4 x 4. I dont see Ted paying that, I'll take him at 6.5-7M, his injury will help.

Tretter is a problem. Cant give him starter money, but someone will. We only sign him if we dont sign Lang and not for more that 3M for 1 year. Then if he plays an entire season, then we can pay him market. Spotrac has him at 8.7 x 6; someone is on drugs. He's gone. Patrick and Flores will shine

Lacy: spotrac has him at 5.1 x3. Zero chance! 1 year 2M unless he play 2 ways [starting at NT too].

Hyde and Jones are nice due to versatility, Jone 2 x 3 M; Hyde 3 x 4M.

Peppers isn't coming back, I'd do 2 X 5m if he does [depends on what Ted has lined up in free agency as well].

Christine, Barclay = min.

8.6 +3.3 + 7 [or save Lang's 7M and go with Spriggs] + 2 + 3 + 4 =28M - 3M offset for 6 guys cut + 10M for rookies and 2017 carry over leaves about 8-9M for Ted to go hog wild in free agency. And it'll be 12M if Guion gets cut.

Oh and we got PLENTY of cap space in 2018 w/ these signings. [Linsley, Taylor, Adams, Burnett, R.Rodgers are UFAs]

PS: NE has 62 M in cap space, Brady only counts 14M against cap [Rodgers is 20]. But they have 7 starters plus 2 key back-ups [Bennett (TE) ; Harmon (DB)] and Butler is a RFA who will have to be tendered at highest tender.
musccy
7 years ago
Yes:
TE Jared Cook
OG T.J. Lang
OC J.C. Tretter
OLB Nick Perry
DB Micah Hyde
P Jake Schum

Sure, why not?:
RB Eddie Lacy
LS Brett Goode

Save the $:
Everyone else
uffda udfa
7 years ago
Cook
Lang
Tretter
Perry

Those are the only ones I would be focused on. Perry is probably getting into crazy money territory. Will what happened with Hayward cause him to pony up for Perry? The franchise tag might be something to consider with Perry. Peppers money will be gone and that's better spent on Nick. Plus, Ted not likely to let a first rounder get away now that he finally produced for an extended period.

Cook will definitely be back. Not sure anyone is going to beat down his door. Prefer a 2-3 year deal for him but dummy 4th might be added. Hoping we still draft a TE. Cook isn't enough and doesn't have many years left. OJ Howard has to be a temptation late in 1st.

Believe strongly in retaining Tretter but he's hurt so much it'd be hard to commit a lot to him.

Lang needs to be here if we're all in. His injury history and age works in our favor with TJ. Believe he's the type to give a hometown discount. Hoping he gets less than Sitton got from the Bears but guessing he'll be shooting for a similar deal. Okay with something a little less but no way more than Josh got.

Lacy is a maybe for me. Doesn't seem to love football but is a nice player when healthy and in shape. Only back on a very friendly deal...the one we just gave to Starks would be plenty for Lacy. Don't want Michael back. We have Ty Montgomery and nothing else but Ripkowski who I think is a fine player. Could be a Mike Alstott type for us. Can give us what Eddie does. Prefer we use a high pick for a RB. Dalvin Cook would be a dream, but I really like Perine from OU and am intrigued by the Tennessee kid if he's there in the middle of the draft. Think we should really look to draft a good RB and it's a high priority area.

The rest I really don't care about. All of them can go elsewhere but know some will be here.

EDIT: I would like Joe Thomas back. I was remiss in overlooking him.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

TheKanataThrilla
7 years ago

Prefer we use a high pick for a RB. Dalvin Cook would be a dream, but I really like Perine from OU and am intrigued by the Tennessee kid if he's there in the middle of the draft. Think we should really look to draft a good RB and it's a high priority area.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

I think our RB draft will depend on what they decide to do with Lacy. I do think he will be offered a 1 year deal. A guy I like from what I have been reading is James Conner from Pitt. The guy is a pounder like Lacy without the work ethic concern.

uffda udfa
7 years ago

I think our RB draft will depend on what they decide to do with Lacy. I do think he will be offered a 1 year deal. A guy I like from what I have been reading is James Conner from Pitt. The guy is a pounder like Lacy without the work ethic concern.

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla 

I agree that what happens with Eddie will dictate what we do in the draft at that position. I think we can err on the very low side with Eddie and feel extremely confident we can replace him with ease. This RB class is historically great as far as how it's projects. Hard to sit on the sidelines and not get one. Shoot, I'll bet Ted will be rocking if McCaffery is there at the end of Round 1. So hard to pass him up but there are others to be found later like Conner, the BYU kid, and Hood from Carolina and more.

If Perry walks then finding an OLB will become a need. Clay seems to be nearing a huge drop off and the cupboard is bare even with Nick. Classic overpay scenario developing there so I think he'll stay.

Fear Hyde is going to stick just because he's about the best we have and we value versatility over production. If Randall and Rollins were inclining Hyde would be easy to move on from. I think some team will step in and pay him. I just pray we aren't in any bidding war for his services.

This is going to be the most interesting off season since the Favre fiasco. Can't wait to see something and won't like it if it's another nothing to see here let down.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

luigis
7 years ago
Cook and Lang are Musts
Perry and Hyde are nice to have

All the others can go...
Luis
nerdmann
7 years ago

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla 

We also still have Jackson and Crockett. I think both can play, although Jackson is a little fast for Mike's taste at this position.

Let the Bears overpay Lang. Tretter is both younger and more versatile.

Goode, Cook, Hyde and Schum come back for sure. Make Perry an offer, but he's a 4-3 DE. Probably will get paid much more as that, given the versatility he has shown playing 3-4 OLB. That versatility is WAY more valuable as a DE. No one cares about a run stuffing OLB. 🤣

Make Lacy an offer contingent upon showing up in shape. He sacrificed himself for the team this year, deserves a decent offer. Don't overpay though. We've already got Ripkowski.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Yerko
7 years ago

These are the Packers FAs (according to spotrac).

Who do you want the Packers to resign?

UFAs will hit the open market (though one can be slapped with a franchise tagged which comes which a huge pay day).
UFA
RB Eddie Lacy
RB Christine Michael
TE Jared Cook
OG T.J. Lang
OC J.C. Tretter
OL Don Barclay
OLB Nick Perry
OLB Julius Peppers
OLB Datone Jones
DB Micah Hyde
LS Brett Goode

RFAs, need a tender placed on them (usually original round tender get placed on them), if they don't get a tender offered to them, then they also hit the open market.
RFA
OLB Jayrone Elliot
ILB Jordan Tripp
P Jake Schum

ERFAs, basically have to resign with the Packers, unless the Packers don't want them.
ERFA
RB John Crockett
RB Don Jackson
FB Joe Kerridge
ILB Joe Thomas
DL Christian Ringo

Originally Posted by: beast 

Must:
Lang
Cook
Perry
Hyde

Maybe:
Lacy
Tretter
Barclay

No:
Jones
Peppers
Michael

Lang is a stalwart to this offense and team. Passionate dude who brings his all. While injured, he has played through the minor stuff. I think letting him walk would be a mistake.

Cook has shown his value to this offense. Hopefully he comes at the right price.

I am skeptical about Perry with his ridiculous injury history and what will be his high contract demand. Pack are short at OLB though so he is a huge need.

Hyde is one of our better corners and this is another position the Packers are in need of. He has done good things for the Pack and should come at a decent price.

I personally think Lacy is crapped on too much. I believe the Pack can get him at a good price and he is important to the offense. I don't like the idea of going into a season with Monty and a rookie at the position. Anything more than $2 million should be a no.

Tretter is going to be gone. Another team will overpay for him. I'd just much rather have the Pack put a bigger price tag on Lang as well.

Barclay is a career back-up. Worth the thought of keeping him for very little money.

Datone has been a very underwhelming player. I don't think he is worth the re-sign when we can get the same production out of players like Frackrell or Elliot.

Peppers gas tank is near empty. He didn't add much to the defense when he was playing situational downs. Not worth the money any longer.

Michael doesn't fit in with this scheme. He had one good run against Chicago and had a multitude of mental errors, which was also an issue with the other teams he was cut from. Not a very bright player and that is a big no-no in this offense that requires the RB to be so good at pass protection/blitz pick-up.

UserPostedImage
nerdmann
7 years ago
Datone has had only one year standing up, and he looked pretty decent, all things considered. I make him an offer. He's still ascending as an OLB.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Fan Shout
packerfanoutwest (7h) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (12h) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (14h) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (14h) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (17h) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (17h) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (17h) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (18h) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (18h) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

11h / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

28-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.