Barfarn
  • Barfarn
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
7 years ago

Yeah, one of our biggest problems is believing any mainstream politician is going to fix anything for us. That might be true to some extent on the local level for local issues, but these scumbag politicians, both Democrat and Republican, do NOT have our best interests in mind. They lie, steal, kill, and generally do whatever it takes to further THEIR interests and agenda, which is not OUR agenda, as in the vast majority of the American public.

Vote with your dollars and your advocacy. Simply voting for another politician that represents the elite is not the answer, and nothing is going to change for the better if we stay on that cycle.

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

Obviously, this is total truth. But, pPoliticians are terrified of voters and voters can fix every issue and they can fix it very quickly. And I believe voters do care. If the nation knew what happened at Standing Rock that pipeline would not be going in. The problem is the voters are mislead and/or uniformed by corporate media who are controlled by corporate affiliates and big business advertisers.

2 weeks ago a blow, maybe a fatal one, was dealt to our democracy. Today, if Comcast doesn't like this site's content, it can prevent any of their subscribers from accessing it, it can charge an extra $1000/month for access or slow the speed down to make accessing this site maddening. 3 weeks ago it was ILLEGAL for them to do this as every server and every IP address has to be given equal access and equal speed.

The internet has been the best way for the People to learn of things that are not reported or reported inaccurately by corporate media. All lobbying payoffs do is allow the politician to run commercials. If the People can call bullshit on the adds run; then the lobbying effort will be worthless.

Also, the internet is also the way that protestors communicate and coordinate. If the protests harm business; the media will not report those protests. And now those media outlets also control internet access and the conductivity to any site. In China, N Korea and other totalitarian regimes the peasants dont have full internet access; banned internet content has to be smuggled in on CDs and thumb drives.

I expect not before too long, if you want access to the entire internet you will need to pay exorbitant amounts assuring that only the elite have full access. For $40/month you simply will not be able to access servers that produce content that will give you the ability to recognize when you are being duped by corporate media and/or our Government.
Pack93z
7 years ago
I assume you are talking about the FCC privacy rules that we blocked from being implemented.. that really doesn't change the your service than it was before.

The actual fight for "Net Neutrality" is in the beginning stages... and will not be rolled back without a large fight. The Internet Association, with the giants in the Internet just beginning to push. Some of the largest cash cows in the American landscape are in the corner to protect neutrality.

Ajit Pai has been somewhat quite on the actual plan, but yes it is clear he doesn't support the FCC regulations.

But to assume that this doesn't become a hot topic as it ramps up and more than likely generates more support from the voters than it has to date is a mistake. That chaos of the first 90 days of this administration has really kept this fight out of the mainstream interest... but I expect that those giants like Netflix, Facebook, Google and Twitter will not continue to remain somewhat silent once Pai's plan becomes publicly consumable.

But I do agree... Pai and the FCC controlled by the Republican's don't have the public in the interest of the attempt to roll back the 2015 protections. In the name of less regulations they seem to be attempting to line their pockets and the possible revenue streams of the providers.

I think the Republican's are overreaching a bit on reshaping the government... with the internet, something that affects just about every citizen directly, will not go gently into the night.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
PackFanWithTwins
7 years ago
Net Neutrality really has little to do with us consumers, It is a pissing match between Big Business Content Providers and ISPs. And it is basically about which one is going to have to end up billing us. ISPs know they have to work together to get their businesses and consumer customers connected with business and consumers customers from their competition. Where the issue comes from is that ISPs get all the bad press for their prices. Don't need to look far to find somebody complain about the cost of Internet from whoever their provider is. Meanwhile The Big content providers like Netflix and others get to look like the hero by being about to say, look we are only $10/mo or whatever, even though a huge percentage of the network traffic that is causing internet prices to keep going up comes from them.

So ISPs want to be able to charge content providers more so they can keep what they have to bill us down, and content providers want to keep the ISPs looking like the bad guys. For us, does it really matter. We are going to pay the same either way, the only difference is which one do we have to write the bigger of the two checks to. Personally, I'd rather have my cable bill be lower, and pay more for the services I choose to subscribe to. The way it is now, ISPs have to spread the cost, so those people who use less internet are paying higher than they would.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Barfarn
  • Barfarn
7 years ago
Saturday, to crack down on dissidents, Turkey blocked access to Wikipedia. 1 month ago this was illegal in US; Trump has made it legal with repeal of net neutrality.

And Sunday Trump's top Chief said they are considering ways to repeal or modify the 1st Amendment making it easier for the Government to sue the media.

Last week Trump invented the VOICE program-With Trump slashing funding under the guise that the states should find the funds a program is created to assist Victims Of Immigration Crime Engagement. [A new hotline has been set up for people to snitch on illegal aliens; the good Americans have overwhelmed the pone lines with calls reporting ET and Superman].

These are plays taken directly from Hitler's and Goebbels' playbook in the 30's.

Let me explain something to Trumpists, many of whom are hick xenophobic racist rednecks that cloak their invidious bigotry under the pretense advancing the rights of White men:

If Hitler did not open the Russian front, his regime might have survived into the 50's, 60's or 70's. Most of the stupid Trumpist thinking Germans that took an attitude of get rid of the Gypsy, the Jews, I'm not them, so that works for me, would be DEAD. Once every Jew was gone, the gas chambers would not be torn down; they'd just gas the next tier of low level citizenry. All those that were not German would be next; then those 1/4 German; then those half German, then full German with brown eyes, etc. If the regime existed today using advanced killing techniques, Hilter's progeny just might have their super blonde/blue eyed race.

The message to Trumpist is YOUR NEXT! Once Trump is done with Latins and Blacks, he'll get the dumb white hicks. In short unless your an elite in society, YOU WILL BE NEXT at some point. Too bad the good Americans will rescue your dumb asses as they slow Trump's roll 'til he's out.
Cheesey
7 years ago
Eh.....why bother.
UserPostedImage
Barfarn
  • Barfarn
7 years ago

Eh.....why bother.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Translation: "Fox news hasn't talked about this so I know nothing about net neutrality. But being a sycophant lemming for the fascist and racists cheetoh colored one, I must deny it."
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
7 years ago

Translation: "Fox news hasn't talked about this so I know nothing about net neutrality. But being a sycophant lemming for the fascist and racists cheetoh colored one, I must deny it."

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

Play nice or you will be put into a timeout. Name calling is not nice.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
7 years ago

Play nice or you will be put into a timeout. Name calling is not nice.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Yes, the followers of the horrible people who just pushed 25 million poor Americans of the proverbial cliff should be shown respect. 😂 If you vote for horrible people, then you too are a horrible person. There is no escape from that shame.

BTW, Wisconson PHers, how the fuck do you still send evil Eddie Munster to Washington and keep that lazy eyed, union busting horror of a human being as your governor? Jesus Christ for retarded.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
7 years ago
OOPs
UserPostedImage
Barfarn
  • Barfarn
6 years ago

Some of you just can't refrain from politics or religion .

I wish you would knock it off, please .

Originally Posted by: Smokey 

Did you know: JUST NOW, the FCC voted to take away equal access to the internet. Soon, to access the entire internet YOU WILL PAY A PREMIUM. You got the extra cash?

Did you know Russia’s Putin is helping Trump on this?

You haven’t heard about this through regular media because corporate media owns the net providers and this means more profit for them. But, you can learn about this here; maybe you should be more thankful. 😂

No democratic government does this; every dictatorial/oligarchic one does. Our government’s goal is trying to limit the ability of POORER Americans to communicate with one another.

Trump’s plan to cut off net neutrality is one backed by Putin! The FCC has a public comment line that allows the Public to weigh in; the FC charter requires it to consider public comment. FBI learned as of early July that 444,938 Russian email addresses posted comments in favor of ending equal access to the net. 7.75 million identical comments in favor of NOT allowing all Americans equal access to the internet were submitted from email domains attributed to FakeMailGenerator.com. No one knows exactly how many of the comments are real; but Trump’s FCC is moving forward before an investigation is complete.

That’s your President; and Republitard government at work.

But, do you see any Democrats yelling about this? Nope, because they’re getting paid off too by the media lobby. The #1 Democratic voice against end a free internet was: Al Franken! Now you know why those democratic traitors led by queen Natasha Gillibrand to get him out. That is the one Trump tweet I believe, that Gillibrand would suck his pagoda for $$$$. If she’d sell out her country for a few campaign bucks; then why not do Trump.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

1-May / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.