DoddPower
6 years ago

To me I wonder if this was done to motivate Brett or deal with a locker room issue. There is no good reason to go to the media to tell them you almost traded someone.

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla 

It could have simply leaked accidentally.
Zero2Cool
6 years ago

To me I wonder if this was done to motivate Brett or deal with a locker room issue. There is no good reason to go to the media to tell them you almost traded someone.

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla 

Maybe the source is the team that almost acquired him? Or maybe it's the agent trying to get Brett Hundley's name out there as someone who can be acquired? Why does it have to be the Packers being the leak? You h8-r!! 🙂

But really, I'm thinking it was the agent who leaked it, or the other team. I don't see the Packers leaking this.
UserPostedImage
beast
6 years ago

Maybe the source is the team that almost acquired him? Or maybe it's the agent trying to get Brett Hundley's name out there as someone who can be acquired? Why does it have to be the Packers being the leak? You h8-r!! 🙂

But really, I'm thinking it was the agent who leaked it, or the other team. I don't see the Packers leaking this.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I'm thinking it came from the Packers or someone who was trying to make sense of the rumors that the Packers were considering drafting QB DeShone Kizer with the #33 selection. Which most reacted to as clear BS... those rumors only make sense if the Packers were thinking of unloading Hundley.

And then rumors that Packers were trying to unload Hundley...

Of course, I wonder if the Packers did trade Hundley, would they really of drafted a QB that high, or are they ready for QB Joe Callahan to be the back-up, as Mike McCarthy seemed to really like him.
UserPostedImage
gbguy20
6 years ago
What would be the point of trading Hundley if we were just to use a high pick to replace him?
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago

What would be the point of trading Hundley if we were just to use a high pick to replace him?

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

You can't keep him as a backup forever. He wants the chance to prove he can be a starter in the NFL.
He moves on and the next one steps up to take his place.
UserPostedImage
sschind
6 years ago

Brett Hundley means more to the Packers than another team. That is why I say I wouldn't let him go for anything less than a early 2nd rounder. It's not that he's some world beater. It's that he's shown enough (to me) that he's better than Joe Callahan and if you're going to take our backup, you gotta give us something worthy in return. That's just my take on it, not sure how others feel.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

While I wouldn't necessarily demand just a high second rounder I don't disagree with this. They chose him and have spent resources developing him which means he probably does have more value to the Packers than anyone else.

If a GM is doing his job he should have a trade value for every player on his team, even the"untouchables" because lets face it, for the right price everyone should be touchable. I have no problems at all with keeping Hundley if Ted didn't get what he was asking. I'm sure we will never know what the asking price was so its useless, but fun, to speculate. Ted could have been willing to move him for a fourth rounder (which I highly doubt) and no one bit which says a lot about what all GMs including Ted think about BH. He could have been asking a 1st rounder (again I doubt it if he was serious about trading him) and no one bit. Most likely it was somewhere in between and my guess is that Ted was not completely serious other than a "What the heck, if they offer me that I'll take it" type deal so he probably asked a little more than what was realistic which to me probably means something in the second round.

As it stands we still have our backup QB for another season (at least for now) I can't see anyone trading for him now because I'm sure anyone who wanted someone to continue to develop they would have drafted one and I seriously doubt anyone would be looking at him as a starter. I really hope BH doesn't get any meaningful playing time with the Packers and barring injury to Aaron Rodgers I doubt he ever will. I'm hoping he at least shows enough that we end up with a 3rd round comp pick for him when he leaves via FA or maybe enough that someone does offer more in trade.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (1h) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (1h) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (1h) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (2h) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (2h) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (13h) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (14h) : damn those vikings
beast (14h) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (15h) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (15h) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (15h) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (15h) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (21h) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (22h) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (22h) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
now / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.