wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
6 years ago

Packers' 53-man roster projection includes seven receivers once again

Continue Reading @ ESPN 

ESPN wrote:

And now the roster discussions begin in earnest.

GB gambles that either Hill or Callahan sticks on the PS. They pay the winner a few extra bucks to remain.

If Yancey was the 7th round pick and Dupre was the 5th it would make it much easier. I think they try and slide Dupre on to the PS. I would like to McCaffrey sticks but he won't beat out the guys in front of him.

It would be nice to know more about the injuries on the OL. I assume the are not critical at this time.

All the others seem likely. Brice was injured in the game tonight. He may be off for a few weeks.
UserPostedImage
steveishere
6 years ago
The WR deal is a tough decision in a way but it's also not. They may all be decent but nobody stands out that much compared to the rest and most would likely make it to be able to sign on the PS. They'll probably stick with the draft picks like the article says. The back up OL was so bad we never really got a look at them in preseason so the coaches will be making the decision based on how TC practices went.
uffda udfa
6 years ago
I think they're going to carry Taysom Hill on the 53...for the first week, anyway. If they love him, like I think they love him, it's going to be too hard for them to cut him for fear he'll be claimed. Using that extra spot gained by Allison's suspension, Hill might be the perfect candidate for that spot. If they release him after Week 1, rosters are set around the league making it harder for him to be claimed, not that much harder, but harder.

Michael Clark, whom I love, is going to be cut.

Had Brice not gotten injured and likely to be out a few weeks, I believe Janis was out. He may be back in now.

QB- Rodgers, Hundley, Hill
RB- Ty Montgomery, Jamaal Williams, Aaron Jones, Devante Mays
FB- Ripkowski
TE- Marty B, Lance Kendricks, Richard Rodgers
WR- Jordy, Davante, RC18, Davis, Janis
OL- Bulaga, Bakhtiari, Barclay, Linsley, Evans, Taylor, Spriggs, Murphy

DL- Daniels, Clark, Lowry, Francois, Ringo, Price
ILB- Jake Ryan, Blake Martinez, Joe Thomas
OLB- Clay, Perry, Brooks, Fackrell, Elliott
CB- House, King, Randall, Rollins, Gunter, Hawkins, Brown
S- Dix, Burnett, Jones, Brice, Evans
LS-Goode
K-Crosby
P- Vogel

Allison-Sus
Biegel-PUP
Mont Adams-IR

Players that were tough decisions who didn't make it: McCaffrey, Michael Clark, Reggie Gilbert

Players who made it who were tough decisions: Janis, Fackrell, Donatello Brown, Taysom Hill

Last man on the roster: Donatello Brown...Could just as easily been any of the tough cuts. Back and forth on adding McCaffrey to WR group and subtracting Donatello Brown from CB group. Hard not to reward the guy who received seemingly universal praise for doing everything right, but we need someone to emerge at CB and Brown over the long haul was as impressive as any of the UDFA's. Desperately wanted to put Clark on the roster but I just don't think our mgmt will do it thinking he's a project that they can get to the PS.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

steveishere
6 years ago
If Adams was IR I think they would put him on the 53 first then IR so he's eligible to bring back later
beast
6 years ago

WR- Jordy, Davante, RC18, Davis, Janis

Last man on the roster: Donatello Brown...Could just as easily been any of the tough cuts. Back and forth on adding McCaffrey to WR group and subtracting Donatello Brown from CB group. Hard not to reward the guy who received seemingly universal praise for doing everything right, but we need someone to emerge at CB and Brown over the long haul was as impressive as any of the UDFA's. Desperately wanted to put Clark on the roster but I just don't think our mgmt will do it thinking he's a project that they can get to the PS.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Hey uffda, nice to see you post a 53 man roster projection. 😄
I see that two ST guys made it onto your as WRs too (mine too)

What have you been hearing about Donatello Brown? I haven't been hearing about him... of course every time I hear that first name my mind goes elsewhere.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Porforis
6 years ago
I was a big fan of Callahan coming into this year, unfortunately he hasn't taken that next step forward I was hoping for. Huntley has problems for sure (forcing balls for example) but at this point, he's a couple steps ahead of Hill and Callahan. I'm sure one or both of Hill/Callahan will be poached off the PS, but at the end of the day if both Rodgers and Huntley go down we've got much larger problems anyways.

That #7 WR is worth so much more than the #3 QB at this point.
uffda udfa
6 years ago
Guy makes plays albeit vs. some lower rung WR. He's from Valdosta St. ... there have been some good players in the NFL that came from that school. He was PFF's highest graded Packer from last night, and we need CB's desperately.

I disagree that a 7th WR is more valuable than another CB to us. Have you watched this team at all? LOL. Oh, you said, QB! I still disagree... Taysom Hill is better player than Dupre, Yancey or McCaffrey in my opinion and if this was the NFL draft, Hill would be highest player on the board. As I recall from last year, they were so high on Callahan. Gotta be higher on Hill. This is what I think the org will do, not what I would do. I wouldn't have Richard Rodgers on this team.

Clark is more likely to get claimed than Donatello Brown, if/when cut but I think they will keep him because of the desperation at the position and he looks to be the best of the UDFA CB crop and they've had some luck there in the past.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

beast
6 years ago

If Adams was IR I think they would put him on the 53 first then IR so he's eligible to bring back later

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

Yeah, I believe to be eligible to return from the IR, you must first be on the 53 man roster (even for less than a day). So I've got keeping Adams on the 53 then going to the IR, so he can potential return later... and Allison takes his spot.

PUP: OLB Biegel, CB Goodson
Suspension: WR Allison

QB (2): Rodgers, Hundley
WR (5* ~ 6): Nelson, Cobb, Adams, Janis, Davis ... (Allison after suspension)
TE (3): Bennett, Kendricks, Rodgers
RB (4): Montgomery, Williams, Jones, Mays
FB (1): Ripkowski
OT (4): Bakhtiari, Bulaga, Spriggs, Murphy
OG (2): Taylor, Evans
OC (3): Linsley, Barclay, Patrick

~ WR: 6 WRs once Allison gets back from suspension
~ RB: I could see them releasing one of the back-up RBs.
~ OC: Barclay/Patrick depends on their injuries, but I thought both played well enough. They could go with just one of them if they want to make more room elsewhere or the injuries are worse than I think.

DT (4* ~ 3): Daniels, Lowry, Adams, Ringo... (Adams to IR)
NT (2): Clark, Jean-Francois
OLB (6): Matthews, Perry, Brooks, Elliott, Fackrell, Gilbert
ILB (3): Ryan, Thomas, Martinez
SS/LB (2): Burnett, Jones
FS/SS (3): Clinton-Dix , Brice, Evans
CB (6): House, Rollins, Randall, King, Hawkins, Gunter

~ DT: Adams has a very short stay on the 53 man roster and goes to the IR to finish healing
~ DT: Ringo vs Price was tough choice, but it's a passing league so I went with the pass rusher, if Adams was healthy then maybe neither would make it. Also they might cut both, then IR Adams, and bring one back.

K (1): Crosby
P (1): Vogel
LS (1): Goode

Tough choices that either just made it or just missed it. Include
RB Jones, RB Mays, FB Kerridge, Lots of WRs, OL Amichia, DL Ringo, DL Price, LB Tripp

UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
6 years ago
I read Ryan Wood on Twitter saying he's hearing Packers considering IRing Mont Adams. Not sure how his situation works with IR. If they carry him on the roster injured like he is can they really put him on IR for same injury later? Did some quick checking and couldn't get clarity. I don't think this guy is going to be back anytime soon. To be IR eligible, you're to have an injury that will take 6 weeks or longer to recover from.

I wonder if we're going to see a name from another team make our roster from another teams cuts?

Funny. I think of the turtle also. Hope he doesn't play like one if we keep him.
UserPostedImage

PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago

I read Ryan Wood on Twitter saying he's hearing Packers considering IRing Mont Adams. Not sure how his situation works with IR. If they carry him on the roster injured like he is can they really put him on IR for same injury later? .

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

So your question is if they keep him on the active 53 injured, can they put him on IR later. The answer would be yes.

The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (20h) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (20h) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (20h) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (23h) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

28-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.