uffda udfa
6 years ago

Is this a sign Jordy is still injured or nearing his end OR is it that Davante is ready to be a WR 1? I know what Z thinks.

Davante was unable to be a 1 when Nelson went down in 2015. While between good and very good, Adams will never be a great WR.

This is a reflection of Jordy's age and wear and tear.

The cupboard is pretty bare. 17 is not close to a 1, Jordy is diminishing, RC18 is not a viable outside WR and can't stay healthy. Davis and Janis don't play and Geronimo lacks speed even moreso than Adams.

The one deficiency Aaron Rodgers masked more than any other was our WR corps. Our group can't separate but 12 can fit it in to small windows. Not many other QBs could make this WR corps appear to be great outside of 12, and certainly not 7.

Sad to see Jordy fading. What chemistry he and 12 had. A sight to behold.

Org needs to find more speed and polish at WR. It's going to box itself in having to offer more to Adams than it should like it always seems to. The Hundley factor is our only hope on saving a few shekels.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

DarkaneRules
6 years ago
Good post. It's a mix of things and we've certainly seen for years that our WRs don't get separation consistently, although there are certainly times Adams is nasty off the line with a great slant. That being said, I want Cobb to take a game over. Of course a lot of that will depend on Hundley getting the ball out quickly, but they've got to get the ball into the hands of their playmakers, and if they aren't making plays, then put another guy in.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Zero2Cool
6 years ago
What makes Davante Adams special is he always gets such good separation. He doesn't have great speed. I'm not sure if Adams will ever be a great WR because I'm not sure what a great WR is defined as. I say that because we had a massive debate over what a WR1 was defined as.

While I do believe Adams has progressed some, I also think Jordy has taken a step back too.
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago
It is also quite possible that the put him on Adams because he is easier to shut down with single coverage than Jordy. What has made Jordy so dangerous over the years is not just the deep ball, it is the back shoulder throws and stop routes also which are extremely difficult single coverage. So by doing single coverage on Adams they can roll help over the top of Jordy protecting against the go routes and allowing the CB to play a little more Trail coverage watching for the back shoulder and stops.

Remember back a few years we would bracket cover Calvin and man their #2 WR.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Zero2Cool
6 years ago

It is also quite possible that the put him on Adams because he is easier to shut down with single coverage than Jordy. What has made Jordy so dangerous over the years is not just the deep ball, it is the back shoulder throws and stop routes also which are extremely difficult single coverage. So by doing single coverage on Adams they can roll help over the top of Jordy protecting against the go routes and allowing the CB to play a little more Trail coverage watching for the back shoulder and stops.

Remember back a few years we would bracket cover Calvin and man their #2 WR.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

I think you're talking about the coverage approach I suggested for Julio Jones. Put your CB1 on their WR2 to lock him down and then take your CB2 and S to bracket Jones. I haven't paid attention to the coverage that much to know if teams are doing that to Jordy. I don't think so though because I haven't noticed Jordy stretching the field too much.
UserPostedImage
DoddPower
6 years ago
Adams quickness and twitch off the line of scrimmage is amazing. He may never be a "great" WR. There aren't many "great" WRs in the league, period. But he is very good, and at best, the Packers only have one other "very good" WR on the team, and he may not be anything more than "good" next season. Hopefully he sticks around.
Dulak
6 years ago
IMO the reason the packers have done so well is because we have had a few very good WRs not just one great one. And ya think about it if the opposing defense is putting their #1 corner or DA ... thats probably because they think he is the best WR on our team.

We are lucky to have DA on our team IMO. Only thing we need is to get ty back to catching the ball instead of trying to be a running back (no idea why we made him one anyways).
Cheesey
6 years ago
Without a good QB to get them the ball, it doesn't matter how good your WRs are.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
6 years ago
AR could tell where his WR's were going to be, and "throw" the guys open. Hundley, by the time he thinks they will be open, waits, and by the time he throws the ball, the guys are again covered.

Hundley is almost in a no win situation. He doesn't have the skills (yet) to lead an NFL team. And he doesn't have the quick release that Aaron Rodgers does. I didn't realize just how fast Aaron Rodgers gets rid of the ball when he makes a decision, until I saw how slow to react Hundley is.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
6 years ago

AR could tell where his WR's were going to be, and "throw" the guys open. Hundley, by the time he thinks they will be open, waits, and by the time he throws the ball, the guys are again covered.

Hundley is almost in a no win situation. He doesn't have the skills (yet) to lead an NFL team. And he doesn't have the quick release that Aaron Rodgers does. I didn't realize just how fast Aaron Rodgers gets rid of the ball when he makes a decision, until I saw how slow to react Hundley is.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

He has to get up to game speed. He's gotta throw some dangerous balls. He's gotta take his shots. Handing the ball off for 10 weeks, like he did all preseason isn't gonna male any progress at all.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (5h) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (8h) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (9h) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (12h) : Flag?
Martha Careful (12h) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (12h) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

24-Apr / Random Babble / beast

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21-Apr / Fantasy Sports Talk / dfosterf

19-Apr / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.