nerdmann
6 years ago

A completion rate of 60% (according to NFL stats the #15 QB is at 64%. I ignored the first 6 who had 1 pass/ 1 completion.)
A QB rating of 90. Same issue. The mid-line is 91.5 and I rounded down.
Avg 200 yards per game. He's off to a slow start but the bar is set so low that he should be able to do it. # 28 QB is Jacoby Brissett and he is at 201.3
Avg 1.5 passing TDs a game.

Who's with me?

I think Hundley is gonna meet the above criteria, and that barring injury, the team will be 9-7 or better.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago

Who's with me?

I think Hundley is gonna meet the above criteria, and that barring injury, the team will be 9-7 or better.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

I don't see him achieving this extremely low standard for a starting QB.

Some will blame the coach for calling the wrong plays, the receivers for dropped passes. The defense for not getting stops. The weather for not being September-like. The OL for not giving him enough protection. Whatever the excuses, Hundley will be found lacking.
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago
I hope Hundley doesn't get close to those stats. Because I believe if he does we are counting on him and the passing attack to much. I would prefer him to be around 55-60% completion, 170ish yards and even TD/INT ratio. Which would put his rating around 70. If we want to win, we need to depend on the run game with Hundley just making a few throws to move the chains when needed.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
uffda udfa
6 years ago
Not with you. I think the Hundley experiment is going to fail for same reasons Trubisky struggles in Chicago. Our WRs aren't very good at creating separation just like Chicago's. Deshaun Watson would have trouble excelling in our O. He's the hottest QB in league because he has speed at WR. Pair a great QB with a great speedy WR and you get Watson and Fuller. Pair an average to below NFL QB and WRs with average speed and you get Hundley and GB WR corps.

Yes , beast, I'm just thrilled this is how it is. Only been screaming about need for speed at WR forever. That lack of speed is going to doom us in the step down to Hundley. The GOAT was truly making chicken salad out of chicken "crap".
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago

Not with you. I think the Hundley experiment is going to fail for same reasons Trubisky struggles in Chicago. Our WRs aren't very good at creating separation just like Chicago's. Deshaun Watson would have trouble excelling in our O. He's the hottest QB in league because he has speed at WR. Pair a great QB with a great speedy WR and you get Watson and Fuller. Pair an average to below NFL QB and WRs with average speed and you get Hundley and GB WR corps.

Yes , beast, I'm just thrilled this is how it is. Only been screaming about need for speed at WR forever. That lack of speed is going to doom us in the step down to Hundley. The GOAT was truly making chicken salad out of chicken "crap".

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

The routes and play calls is the biggest reason for "lack of separation". Packers are mainly along the sidelines/backshoulder and verticals with deep crosses. Getting open deep has been a result of double moves not speed.
uffda udfa
6 years ago

The routes and play calls is the biggest reason for "lack of separation". Packers are mainly along the sidelines/backshoulder and verticals with deep crosses. Getting open deep has been a result of double moves not speed.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

If you believe the above, how do you explain Watson and his WR's torching Seattle at Seattle and Aaron Rodgers barely moving the offense vs. Seattle here at home? If you're going to attribute it to it being Week 1... show me a game the Packers have played out in Seattle recently where we remotely had that kind of offensive performance? Watson just that much better than Rodgers...or...could it be SPEED? The speed of the Texans vs. the pedestrian nature of our WR's in the speed department?
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago

If you believe the above, how do you explain Watson and his WR's torching Seattle at Seattle and Aaron Rodgers barely moving the offense vs. Seattle here at home? If you're going to attribute it to it being Week 1... show me a game the Packers have played out in Seattle recently where we remotely had that kind of offensive performance? Watson just that much better than Rodgers...or...could it be SPEED? The speed of the Texans vs. the pedestrian nature of our WR's in the speed department?

How do you explain when the Vikings beat the Packers, Bears beat the Vikings, Detroit beats the Bears and Packers beat the Lions? Some teams match up better to other teams.

McCarthy's play calling has been somewhat predictable. And as I stated it is a lot of verticals with deeper crosses. A lot of sideline routes. A lot of bubble screens. He depends on players beating the guy across from them, not scheming guys open. I would also ask, how much of the Packers passing success has been the result of Free plays, and busted plays where Rodgers scrambles to create time.
uffda udfa
6 years ago

How do you explain when the Vikings beat the Packers, Bears beat the Vikings, Detroit beats the Bears and Packers beat the Lions? Some teams match up better to other teams.

McCarthy's play calling has been somewhat predictable. And as I stated it is a lot of verticals with deeper crosses. A lot of sideline routes. A lot of bubble screens. He depends on players beating the guy across from them, not scheming guys open. I would also ask, how much of the Packers passing success has been the result of Free plays, and busted plays where Rodgers scrambles to create time.

When it comes to the first paragraph... How? Match ups. Some teams match up better with others just like you noted...but...why? WHY is the most neglected word on a Packers forum. Nobody seems all that interested in that word and it's everything.

Houston matched up great with Seattle's secondary due to mobile QB who has speedy WR's. Ever seen any QB do to them what he did in Seattle? I watched most of that game. It was UNREAL. Watson SHREDDED them as if they were even worse than our secondary. It was a thing of beauty. Will Fuller can fly. Our WR's can not fly. Makes it very easy for Legion of Boom when they face us. That's the matchup. The SPEED differential.
UserPostedImage

PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago

When it comes to the first paragraph... How? Match ups. Some teams match up better with others just like you noted...but...why? WHY is the most neglected word on a Packers forum. Nobody seems all that interested in that word and it's everything.

Houston matched up great with Seattle's secondary due to mobile QB who has speedy WR's. Ever seen any QB do to them what he did in Seattle? I watched most of that game. It was UNREAL. Watson SHREDDED them as if they were even worse than our secondary. It was a thing of beauty. Will Fuller can fly. Our WR's can not fly. Makes it very easy for Legion of Boom when they face us. That's the matchup. The SPEED differential.

The Legion hasn't won in GB. Speed works on turf. On natural grass not so much.
uffda udfa
6 years ago

The Legion hasn't won in GB. Speed works on turf. On natural grass not so much.

Speed is still speed. Our offense never looked remotely like that in Seattle because our WR's aren't speedsters. Will Fuller is electric. Our guys are wood stoves. Speed is imperative in the NFL. Our fanbase doesn't see our WR corps properly because 12 makes them look so much better than they are. You usually hear that tired refrain regarding any great QB but in this case it's absolutely true. Rodgers throws into the tightest of windows and sometimes he's breaking the windows with his throws. Now, our WR's are very good at making plays on the ball but they don't have speed which is what Texans WR's have. Hard to notice them without a real QB. Now, that they've got one that offense is a machine. A total machine. It's a little envy inducing to watch them play. It's better than the old Rams offense even without Faulk. Lamar Miller is no Marshall and still Watson is KILLING secondaries with these speedy WR's. Fuller is as hot as Randy Moss used to be.

Think back to how this offense looked without Jordy. Why? Jordy that great? The connection between Rodgers and Nelson was off the charts. Jordy is a total pro and Rodgers is the GOAT. There are few times in Jordy's career where he was running free. Go watch Will Fuller's highlights. He's well beyond the Legion of Boom due to his unreal speed. Jordy couldn't do that. Easy pitch and catch for a long TD. How many of those has Aaron ever had? Most of 12's TD's come in street ball running around for 8 seconds hoping his cement footed WR's can create an inch of separation. It's truly something to behold the difference in watching Houston and Green Bay but our base thinks we're "loaded" at WR. Poor Hundley doesn't have much of a chance with these guys. Doesn't have the much needed chemistry that is needed for them to be useful assets to him.

If you get a chance to watch Houston...take it. That game at Seattle was about as impressive of a game from a QB you're ever going to see on the road in a hostile environment and he may have been outplayed by Wilson. What...a...game.
UserPostedImage

Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (5h) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (5h) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (9h) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (9h) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (10h) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

1-May / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.