TheKanataThrilla
6 years ago

I'm just shocked he won't play in the CFL. If he's so great he should completely destroy the CFL and then that's loads of ammo to show that it's not his play that's causing him not to get signed.

Originally Posted by: Porforis 

He could be successful as a running QB in the CFL, but the QBs who were hugely successful in the CFL to draw NFL interest could both run and throw (Moon, Flutie and Garcia).
Zero2Cool
6 years ago

I never once said poor Kaepernick. He has a better track record than any QB on our team, or any QB on the open market. Sign him as a backup to Hundley. Whatever. You all sound like bitter rubes. How would Hoyer have been a better acquisition football wise?

Originally Posted by: voiceofreason 

We don't agree with you, thus, we are bitter rubes? Got it.

Brett Hundley doesn't have a track record to compare against. He's started only two freaking games!!

Kaepernick has a rocket for an arm. He's not accurate though. He's comes with a big distraction, which no team wants to deal with from their backup QB.

I wanted to like Kaepernick because of his Wisconsin roots. After 8 games people were calling him great, amazing, etc and all I could see is a QB who benefited from a really good defense and an offense that maximized his legs.

I didn't watch Brian Hoyer too closely like I have with Kaepernick. The only thing I recall is he had a nice deep ball with fast WR's.

Kaepernick is not as good as you are trying to make us "bitter rubes" believe.

What stats are better for Kaepernick than Hoyer?

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
6 years ago

I never once said poor Kaepernick. He has a better track record than any QB on our team, or any QB on the open market. Sign him as a backup to Hundley. Whatever. You all sound like bitter rubes. How would Hoyer have been a better acquisition football wise?

We are bitter? No, we are actually using our BRAINS to figure out that Kaepernick doesn't have the talent that would help our team. And his being a cancer on the team would not be worth the headache.
And so ...we are "bitter rubes?" The only one I see here that's bitter is YOU!
We haven't lowered ourselves to call YOU insulting names.
I guess you and Kaepernick think alike.
UserPostedImage
gbguy20
6 years ago
Its like people completely forgot how terrible kaep was the last time he played. Luckily, not a single GM has forgotten.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago
So let me get this straight- if GB signs a QB, any QB half way through the season people actually think he will be able to learn the Packers system, checks, options, reads and all that it takes to have any kind of success in 1-2 weeks? Or at least enough success to put them into the playoffs? Even if GB acquired Tom F'n Brady tomorrow there is still going to be a learning curve and it wouldn't matter.
UserPostedImage
Barfarn
6 years ago

We don't agree with you, thus, we are bitter rubes? Got it.

Kaepernick is not as good as you are trying to make us "bitter rubes" believe.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I believe the argument was Kap is better stats than certain options, not that's he's great and that he's a leader of men.

Let review leader and play on the field:
He sucked? Really? Why’d he get a record 7 yr 126M contract in 2014? From the great Jim Harbaugh, no less.

In his 2nd year, after never having started, taking over mid season after they traded Smith away led his team to SB with a QBR that if qualified, would be the 27th best in history, a QBR eclipsed by Rodgers only 2 times. In just his 3rd year, he led SF to Champ game, losing to a great Seattle team with a QBR that eclipsed half of Rodgers’ seasons. How many working NFL QBs today do not have this résumé? And sure he had 2 down years, Eli Manning, Kurt Warner had really bad years, too, and they got more chances. Rodgers had 1 really bad year [spread over 2] and he got more chances, right? Anyone who thinks QB's with Kaepernick's football credentials is not entitled to another chance is either ignorant [and I think "rube" qualifies here] or operating with an agenda [Rube qualifies here too]. If it is proven Kaepernick is willing to work for peanuts or close to it; the NFL will lose the collusion case!

Now leadership off the field:
A single man that did an act; that caught fire, caused POTUS tweets, and captured national debate. And it’s changing the world: last week a jury just awarded $44.7M giving the finger to the substantially corrupt Chicago PD; 2 days ago a civil rights lawyer that sued the Philly PD was elected Philly’s top prosecutor; and Bennett has got the LVMPD in the crosshairs. 10 years from know there’s going to be a lot less suck/dirty cops and Kaepernick will be credited as a pioneer. All this from a guy that started with too much [otherwise justifiable] anger. And Clique-ees, get this, he took advice, he accepted criticism like an adult and CHANGED his position. How about that? Those that harp on questionable things he did early, like harping on a guy who smoked weed as a teenager, have an agenda! Ya got a problem, discuss his enlightened behvior. And how many players get 2nd and 3rd and 4th chances Josh Gorden, Dion Jorden Elliot or in the news.

Hate or disagreement? Let’s see:

Bald ad hominems unequivocally qualify more as hate than intellectual disagreement: November Fools Day; Drunk on keyboard and “a real racists” to name a few.

Rubenism? Let’s see:

Kaepernick is drama, baggage, disrespecting America and that Green Bay fans won’t stand for it.

Yea, I saw the Trump rally in GB last October too. This group of provincial monosyllabically cultured northern Wisconsin Fox News watchin’ mouth breathers went hysterical over Russian puppet Trump, who failed to provide a single cogent thought, just vacuous sound bite after vacuous sound bite. Trump promised to end government corruption and end crime 😂. Trump could have gotten 100% if he promised DR. Pepper in the drinking fountains. In each really Trump planted 3-4 person to be tossed out they’d always come forward 1 at a time. Much of the US caught on to this; but GB apparently hadn’t, and chanted “Asshole, Asshole…” They chanted “USA, USA…” and “Trump, Trump, Trump, like at a mid 1930s Nazi rally. When he bashed the media, they chanted CNN Sucks, CNN sucks…” This is frightening shit for those of us that live in more educated and civilized parts of the world, like Madison, Milwaukee, Eu Clalire and much of the other 49 states.

I hope this thread is not representative of what GB fans have become, because it is a downright embarrassment. Only a few worthy while comments and one really SOLID post that’s probably too long for most self-admittedly here to read.
Zero2Cool
6 years ago
You lost my interest ... right ... here ...

He sucked? Really? Why’d he get a record 7 yr 126M contract in 2014? From the great Jim Harbaugh, no less.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

I said he sucked? Really? Why did a defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth back in 2009 get a 7 year $100 million deal? Who said Jim Harbaugh is great?

As for Kapernick's contract ... it was labeled a sham  from the get go.
UserPostedImage
Porforis
6 years ago

I like how you didn't bother responding to any of the questions that pertain to Kapernick being on THE GREEN BAY PACKERS. Which was my central point. And instead just focus on answering questions completely outside of the context they were asked. I doubt you intended it that way, but I think that's somewhat rude. I obviously disagree with you pointedly, but I do put a fair amount of thought and effort into my posts and active effort into trying to keep things constructive and substantial so things don't turn into mindless "NUHUH, YOU'RE WRONG" arguments. While I really am not in a position to make those same expectations out of others, it would at least be nice if people put a little effort into it. But eh.

I'll tl;dr it for you - This isn't Madden. Players' performance isn't just their stat blocks. If we bring in Tom Brady, he's not going to be the same thing as Tom Brady was in NE. Even if we bring over the entire offense. Even less so if Tom Brady hadn't played in 2 years and was in a system much different from the Packers. Even if this were Madden, the stat blocks for Hoyer and Kapernick are similiar and the stat blocks relevant to the Packers offense (being able to consistently hit the broad side of a barn) are better for Hoyer. Kapernick has more strength and running ability but this does not benefit the Packers' offense without completely restructuring it.
sschind
6 years ago
Ill try this without getting off the fence. IMO if CK hadn't started the whole kneeling thing he would be employed in the NFL right now. He may not be starting but he certainly would be that veteran backup that so many fans covet. I'm not saying he is a great or anything above average QB and I am not saying he would be a fit for every team in the league. I'm also not saying he could come in midseason and turn things around for anyone, but, The Texans just signed T.J Yates, Matt McGloin (who they just cut for ) Josh fucking Johnson, who, from what I can see, hasn't attempted a pass in the NFL since 2011 (so much CK not having played in 2 years)

I do not think Yates is a better QB than CK but I do get that signing. He was in their system and he has won games for them. But McGloin and now Johnson, sure they are just backups but now Savage will get pulled this weekend for Yates then who knows will it be Johnson's turn next.

No I do not think CK is a great QB and I don't think he would be any teams answer. But I think some team would take a chance on him if it weren't for the controversy surrounding him. There are a lot of not great QBs and many not even good QBs with jobs in the league and many of them are most likely no better than CK.

Having said that I do understand why teams don't give him the chance. If he is not any better than some of these current backups (but I think he is probably better than a lot of them) why take on the added distraction. If Tom Brady or Drew Brees or Deshon Watson or Aaron Rodgers pre injuries were kneeling for the national anthem they would still be the starting QBs for their respective teams. Another thing working against him is his price tag or his perceived price tag do we really know what he is willing to play for). If you are going to have a shitty QB as your backup why not have the cheapest one possible and I am sure many of them are cheaper than CK. That said though I am sure if it wasn't for the kneeling thing some team would figure out a way to fit his price tag into their salary cap.

So for me, the bottom line for why CK does not have a job in the NFL is twofold. He is not a great QB who just happened to be the one who started the whole kneeling during the national anthem fiasco. I do believe this though, if some team thought CK could lead them to the playoffs he would be playing for them. So what does that all mean. The main reason CK is not employed is because of his lack of skills but his protests are the reason no team is willing to at least take a chance on him
yooperfan
6 years ago
I may have said this before but I'm saying it again, NO,,,!