6 years ago
good coaches find a way to win, going for that 57 yd fg lost the game.
bboystyle
6 years ago

What's your point? I said I don't think his stat line accurately reflects his impact on the field. Yes, he made some great plays. He also froze when they put pressure on him and wasn't able to get anything out of the turnovers.

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

dont worry Nonstop, those who watched the game know that Hundleys numbers definitely dont reflect how he played the game. Half his TD's and yards came from broken plays on PIT. He made a few nice throws towards the end but folded when it counted. His 6 yard drop and coverage sack is getting old real quick. Dont blame him for the loss but he sure as hell cant win us games.
Barfarn
6 years ago

Three turnovers. No points. Unfortunately, Hundley locking up under pressure doesn't really show up in his statline because those drives were all so short. As far as I'm concerned, his passer rating for the night did not accurately reflect his performance. He was able to make some decent plays when he felt comfortable, but the moment the Steelers dialed in on him, he froze.

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

It is perfectly silly to judge a QB’s play until you adjust for the play of other 10 offensive players around him and I’m going to tell you something about yourself.

Executive training involves certain trust exercises; one of them is to fall backward into the arms of your colleagues.

I want you to imagine you fall back three times and you’re securely caught; the fourth time they fumble you and you drop to floor; 5th time they drop you again. You will not give them another chance, am I right? 😂

Before the 57 yard FG miss; Bahktieiri didn’t block his guy on a stunt like he did it on purpose and then was bull rushed by Heyward like he was bad knee Barclay. The shit play by your most trusted OLman works like getting dropped by your colleagues above. A QB can’t be thinking of the rush and play in this offense. Like just about every young QB that has played in the NFL would have done; on the next 2 series Hundley played like a deer in the headlights and the OL continued to its uneven mediocre to crap level of play. But, then when game was on the line; he just put it out of his head and Hundley played absolutely brilliantly on that last TD drive. This not something Goff, Keenum, Wentz and many others could do in the first year they started.

I cant get mad at the OL, because those guys are beat-up all to hell; but when you factor that Hundley had to overcome crap OL play today, his affect on the game was at least as good as his stats.

dont worry Nonstop, those who watched the game know that Hundleys numbers definitely dont reflect how he played the game. Half his TD's and yards came from broken plays on PIT. He made a few nice throws towards the end but folded when it counted. His 6 yard drop and coverage sack is getting old real quick. Dont blame him for the loss but he sure as hell cant win us games.

Originally Posted by: bboystyle 

Ever have a helmet to helmet by a 270 LB running full speed? Put on a helmet and have someone take a sledge to your head, then tell me what happens to your physical and mental abilities.
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
6 years ago
Actually, although the field goal attempt was a poor decision, the play calling and creativity from Mike McCarthy were outstanding this game. Give the man credit when it is due. The blown cover on the first TD was a result of excellent play design. (Nevertheless, you would think one might go back to it later, perhaps on the other side)

Hundley seem s to play well against zones (Bears and Steelers) Against man and combo coverages seems more tentative.

The defense on the other hand:
1. while garnering t/o's, they can not regularly get off the field on 3rd down. IGETTING A TURNOVER AFTER THEY HAVE DRIVEN 30 YARD IS NOT AS GOOD AS A QUICK 3 AND OUT WHICH ALMOST NEVER HAPPENS.
2.The safeties in the two deep look are so friggin deep that they cant cover or help out on skinny posts or anything under 10 yards downfield. As a consequence they are very susceptible to crossing patterns and pick plays.
3. Brooks made more significant plays in limited action than Clay has made all year.
4. Disappointing game for Josh Jones in surprising limited reps (if he had em, he did nothing) One might have thought he would the perfect shadow for Le'veon Bell.
5. Caper sdid not do enough generate pressure up the middle. Whether they should utilize different techniques or blitzes, you can let Ben R stand there for 5 seconds unencumbered and expect long term downfield coverage.

Overall, while I believe a long overdue change is necessary in the defensive coaching staff (and Mike McCarthy owns it as he has not made the change) THE TALENT JUST ISNT THERE:
- Not one of the top 3 receivers would start for the Steelers.
- The offensive line, although banged up, still does not have depth.
- Not one of our starting linebackers would start for the Steelers.

The last draft class very good (but my guess is Wolf had a much greater say), but there is not much talent on this squad. Ted Thompson should be asked to retire
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
Nonstopdrivel
6 years ago

The safeties in the two deep look are so friggin deep that they cant cover or help out on skinny posts or anything under 10 yards downfield.

Originally Posted by: KRK 

Worse, they're bailing before the snap even on obvious running downs, which makes them useless against the run game. It's not like they're even trying to cloak their coverage -- they're sprinting backwards, leaving nothing but open real estate in their wake for the offense to exploit.

I couldn't agree more with your statement that getting off the field on third down is far superior to snagging a turnover after surrendering a bunch of yardage. I've said many times that although the name of the game is points, not yards, I personally think that yards allowed is a great proxy for judging a defense's ability to stop the big play in the fourth quarter. Sure, a turnover is exciting and gets the fans riled up; yes, it provides the illusion of producing a momentum swing (sometimes it even succeeds!). What it doesn't do is make up for the deleterious effects of the slow grind that end up exhausting the defense and leaving it vulnerable in the closing moments of the game. I've been saying at least as long as Capers has been in town that I'd far rather have a solid, fundamental, boring defense that can stop the offense on third down than a bend-but-don't-break, ball-hawking defense that comes up with flashy turnovers early in the game but continually gives up big scoring plays when the clock's winding down.

Especially in the playoffs. God, I hate that shit.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
6 years ago
On third and long, Dom WANTS the team to throw over the middle. The plan is for the defense to get them down before they get to the sticks.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
nerdmann
6 years ago
Damn I get sick of this shit.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
buckeyepackfan
6 years ago

Damn I get sick of this shit.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

What? Winning?

7-6

That Baaaaad Man from Chico is Back!
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
nerdmann
6 years ago

What? Winning?

7-6

That Baaaaad Man from Chico is Back!

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

HOPEFULLY he is back.

However, with the Mike McCarthy jinx, we'd have a better chance pulling something out of our asses with Hundley than we would with Aaron. I mean, I'll take Aaron every time, but AVOID THAT JINX!
buckeyepackfan
6 years ago
Just shaking my head and laughing!
Great Game!

Like Matt Flynn before him, Hundley has played himself into a big payday!
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (1h) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (3h) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (3h) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (5h) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (5h) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (5h) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (6h) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (6h) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (17h) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (18h) : damn those vikings
beast (19h) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (19h) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (19h) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (19h) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (19h) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
27m / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

35m / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.