musccy
6 years ago
100% with zero on this one, no need to fire people due to Hundley.

We often hear about game speed. It was clear that Hundley had not learned to make the decisive 3 second decision yet, and as a "rookie" with respect to actual playing time, that's not surprising. I can see glimmers of why the coaches liked him. He has confidence, is elusive, shows potential to make nice throws including some nice backshoulders to Davis yesterday.

I can also list the 100 reasons why he sucked the last 8 weeks, but he showed some glimmers of improvements and potential. No need to fire everyone for that.
yooperfan
6 years ago

100% with zero on this one, no need to fire people due to Hundley.

We often hear about game speed. It was clear that Hundley had not learned to make the decisive 3 second decision yet, and as a "rookie" with respect to actual playing time, that's not surprising. I can see glimmers of why the coaches liked him. He has confidence, is elusive, shows potential to make nice throws including some nice backshoulders to Davis yesterday.

I can also list the 100 reasons why he sucked the last 8 weeks, but he showed some glimmers of improvements and potential. No need to fire everyone for that.

Originally Posted by: musccy 

I kind of feel sorry for the kid but I think if he was bagging groceries that he wouldn’t even be able to throw the beans into the bag.

nerdmann
6 years ago

Hundley showed everyone that the QB developmental systems at GB is broken. Someone on the offensive coaching staff needs to be held accountable after keeping Hundley around for three years with nothing to show for it.

I guess Hundley was not the first QB under this mediocre system though. When Aaron Rodgers broke his collarbone the first time, having to go back to Flynn after Tolzien was a bust showed cracks in the system back then.

All this points to me to a decrease in development of the offense after Philbin left. Man that offense during the 2011 regular season was amazing.

Originally Posted by: dyeah_gb 

Tolzien was in the system for TWO WEEKS.

And btw, he actually looked decent, when he was allowed to throw for more than 3 yards downfield.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
beast
6 years ago

I say Edgar Bennett did the best with the WR.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Jimmy Robinson was the recent best, coaching the WRs from 2006 to 2010 and helped develop Jennings to Nelson and those in between. Not much WR development since Robinson left... Cobb came in very good from day 1. So really it's only been Adams.

Nice now driver can be our wr coach!

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

Everyone likes the idea of this, but has Driver ever shown interested in being a NFL coach?

Hundley showed everyone that the QB developmental systems at GB is broken. Someone on the offensive coaching staff needs to be held accountable after keeping Hundley around for three years with nothing to show for it.

Originally Posted by: dyeah_gb 

Um, since the new CBA went into place, hasn't ALMOST EVERY QB developmental system across the NFL been broken? The new CBA limited practice time, including the offseason practice time.

The developmental systems has basically been exported to the college level and 3rd party groups, in which teams have tried to get their QB to sign/train with 3rd party companies which they think will train them the best, but teams have no official control over this... also I haven't heard the Packers trying to do it (so maybe they need to hook their back-up QBs up with the 3rd party company that they might like the best to try to train them).
UserPostedImage
68md
6 years ago

Yes, Joe somehow does have connections. I think it's because of his radio show tenure.

Joe is working in Vegas now covering UNLV for ESPN, he also has inside stuff with the Raiders. Before that he was working a big radio circuit in LA. His GB days were connected to current packers.com writer Cliff Christl.Guessing that's his source ?

I am still connected to Joe via social media, I'll ask how solid his "source" is ?

blueleopard
6 years ago
I'm pretty confident with the way Mike handles his QB's, and I think Hundley's failure is primarily on two things 1 -- the fact that he can't sense a rush and 2 -- as Zero said, the CBA prevents a lot of one-on-one time these guys used to have.

The CBA is really out there to protect starters and veterans. Backups don't really benefit from much at least on the surface from what I've seen.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
Nonstopdrivel
6 years ago
Just for the sake of posterity, I want to deposit a couple of short articles here.

Großer Packers-Umbruch: Ted Thompson und Dom Capers sind raus 

Von SPOX
Dienstag, 02.01.2018 | 09:00 Uhr

Ted Thompson ist nicht länger Geschäftsführer der Green Bay Packers.

Die Green Bay Packers sind bekannt dafür, in der Offseason eines der inaktivsten Teams zu sein - in fast jederlei Hinsicht. Doch damit ist jetzt Schluss: Nachdem bereits Defensive Coordinator Dom Capers seinen Hut nehmen musste, wird auch der Posten des Geschäftsführers neu besetzt.

Es war die große Überraschung am späten Montagabend: Wie NFL-Network-Insider Ian Rapoport berichtet, wird Green Bays langjähriger Geschäftsführer Ted Thompson intern eine neue Rolle erhalten und die Packers zeitnah mit der Suche nach einem neuen Geschäftsführer beginnen. Thompson hatte den Posten seit 2005 inne - das Jahr, in dem die Packers Aaron Rodgers drafteten.

Doch in den vergangenen Jahren war Thompson immer wieder öffentlich in die Kritik geraten, weil die Packers in der Free Agency auch offensichtliche Schwachstellen nur sehr zögerlich oder gar nicht adressierten. Gleichzeitig gehörte Green Bay unter ihm zu den konstantesten Teams, wenn es darum ging, eigene Talente zu fördern.

Die vergangene Saison war dann maßgeblich durch die Verletzung von Aaron Rodgers geprägt, welche das Team ultimativ nicht kompensieren konnte. Das lag auch an einer einmal mehr desolaten Saison der Defense, die trotz individueller Qualität insbesondere in kritischen Momenten (Third Down, Fourth Down, Red Zone) zu den ligaweit schlechtesten Defensivabteilungen zählte.

Das führte ultimativ zur Entlassung von Defensive Coordinator Dom Capers nach neun Jahren im Amt. Ersten Berichten zufolge sollen die Packers nach einer internen Lösung suchen, doch auch Namen wie Vic Fangio (Defensive Coordinator der Bears in der vergangenen Saison) kursieren.

SPOX wrote:

Montag, 01 Januar 2018 19:30
Packers schmeißen Dom Capers raus 
geschrieben/veröffentlicht von/durch Markus Schulz

Die Green Bay Packers haben sich von Dom Capers getrennt. Der Defensive Coordinator arbeitete neun Jahre für die Franchise aus Wisconsin.

Ein Schritt, der wenig überrascht. In den letzten sieben Jahren schloss die Defense der Packers dreimal im unteren Drittel der Verteidigungs-Rangliste ab. Auch in dieser Saison liegen sie in den Statistiken "Zugelassene Punkte" auf Rang 26 und "Zugelassene Yards" auf Rang 22 der NFL.

Zu wenig für eine Franchise, die die Playoffs eigentlich fest in ihrer jährlichen Planung verankert hat.

Markus Schulz wrote:

I love this sentence from the first article: „Nachdem bereits Defensive Coordinator Dom Capers seinen Hut nehmen musste, wird auch der Posten des Geschäftsführers neu besetzt.“ ("Now that defensive coordinator Dom Capers has had to grab his hat, the position of general manager will also be restaffed.")

Apparently in Germany you don't "pack your bags" -- you "grab your hat." What an awesome idiom!
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago
I am listening to a podcast series on the history of England. The presenter is English of course. He uses wonderfully typical British sayings like, "He put a flea in his ear." They always cause me to stop and think.
For those of you who don't want to look it up, it means: An annoying hint or stinging rebuke.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
6 years ago
Forgive me, but, I'm going to toss out a name about the topic ... Kevin Greene?
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago

Forgive me, but, I'm going to toss out a name about the topic ... Kevin Greene?

Kevin has the passion but will that translate into being a good DC?
I am interested in checking him out.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
earthquake (1h) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (3h) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (6h) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (7h) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

9h / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Martha Careful

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.