sschind
6 years ago

I think you make a great point, but I'm still confused as to what counts as a drop and what doesn't... as my personal counting always seems to be higher than the "official" version... and I've seen where balls have bounced off WRs hands and some how not seem to have counted as a drop.

Also the Seahawks had one of the worst OLs, I wonder if that might of caused some more quick throwing and quick dropped passes... plus I remember a video clip (either ESPN or NFL Network) suggesting that Seahawks had been forcing Graham to try back corner passes for TDs and he was struggling with those and got some drops, and finally talked the Seahawks into simply letting him go into the endzone and post the defender up and box him out (like a basketball player, which Graham used to be) and that's what lead to more TDs. But, I think, Graham had a couple of drops in the redzone, only to catch a touchdown on the very next play.

Originally Posted by: beast 

That is true what constitutes a drop may be almost as convoluted as what makes a catch. I looked at 3 different sources and each one said he had 7 but it is possible each source used the same "official" source. Some other "official" source may have different numbers.

Zero2Cool
6 years ago

Do you actually believe a player can be graded based on 10 [good] plays? Let’s try to evaluate Graham with a little more depth of thought and football acumen:

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

Sorry, I am not biting. Touchdowns put points on the board, and points are what dictate wins. If he gets us 10 TD's, I don't give two shits about your ratings you link to. I want POINTS!!!
UserPostedImage
dhazer
6 years ago
Hey cmon now he filled a need position, but made more of a weak position already. So now we line cobb and Adams up outside and graham in the slot. And Rodgers has 2 sends to pass the ball because the line can't block lol.I would have loved to see us sign Barton from Philly over Graham anyday. But we have the God at qb that just so happens to be hurt in some way every year now and demands he has a say in every decision. I remember an old QB that tried doing that and everyone hated him for it and said it wasn't right. But its different with Rodgers because he won a Super Bowl.

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Barfarn
6 years ago

Sorry, I am not biting. Touchdowns put points on the board, and points are what dictate wins. If he gets us 10 TD's, I don't give two shits about your ratings you link to. I want POINTS!!!

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Yes "POINTS" matter; what your missing is that Graham's presence on the field will NOT yield more points for GB's offense. He didn't help NO score more points; he didn't help Seattle score more points. It is because he does so much wrong on so many plays. I also I think he's too stupid to learn the complex offensive adjustments.

The facts show Rich Rodgers, over the last 3 years, is 20% better at scoring than Graham. His own mate is as good or better as well.

You have to think in terms of WAR [Wins above replacement]; that is what does a player ADD to a team when he's on the field instead of an average player.
Dulak
6 years ago

So ... TDs count ya? ... lets look at Jordys numbers ... 2016 14TD bit better then the ole JG. oh and jordy lost a step in 2017 ... 1st 5 games with rodgers (for some reason jordy didnt play one of them but the 4 games he was in he scored 6 TDs.) -

I see that he didnt score any with the gum chewing qb playing he favored adams as his go to man. But we all know that hundley will probably be out (at least we hope that he doesnt continue to be our starter ...) - and rodgers back in with kizer as our new backup.

I realize nelson is getting older but with those stats as mentioned above - I dont see how you cannot keep him. How a guy runs vs another doesnt show when it comes to the chemistry he and rodgers had. But the numbers do. And the numbers say - thats going to be hard to replace.

if we look at the stats vs nelson and JG - both players numbers declined last year compared to the previous. Although JG had more TDs but then again thats the way he is used - he doesnt have to go get yardage as much. And we already know we arnt looking at hundleys stats for what we have in a QB ... (least I hope not).

hard to judge but nelson was one of the best pass blocking WR out there; let alone he knew what rodgers was going to do before rodgers was going to do it ... false start, blitz etc ...

I dont care how much they are paying JG - I dont see how he is going to replace JN
Zero2Cool
6 years ago

So ... TDs count ya? ... lets look at Jordys numbers ... 2016 14TD bit better then the ole JG. oh and jordy lost a step in 2017 ... 1st 5 games with rodgers (for some reason jordy didnt play one of them but the 4 games he was in he scored 6 TDs.) -

I see that he didnt score any with the gum chewing qb playing he favored adams as his go to man. But we all know that hundley will probably be out (at least we hope that he doesnt continue to be our starter ...) - and rodgers back in with kizer as our new backup.

I realize nelson is getting older but with those stats as mentioned above - I dont see how you cannot keep him. How a guy runs vs another doesnt show when it comes to the chemistry he and rodgers had. But the numbers do. And the numbers say - thats going to be hard to replace.

if we look at the stats vs nelson and JG - both players numbers declined last year compared to the previous. Although JG had more TDs but then again thats the way he is used - he doesnt have to go get yardage as much. And we already know we arnt looking at hundleys stats for what we have in a QB ... (least I hope not).

hard to judge but nelson was one of the best pass blocking WR out there; let alone he knew what rodgers was going to do before rodgers was going to do it ... false start, blitz etc ...

I dont care how much they are paying JG - I dont see how he is going to replace JN

Originally Posted by: Dulak 

Jimmy Graham is TE, not a WR, therefore, he's not replacing WR Jordy Nelson. A vertical threat at TE will help open things up for the WR's who collectively will pick up the production we will be missing from Jordy Nelson.

Offense isn't something I worry too much about. I don't like losing Jordy Nelson, but he's not getting yards after the catch, he's not the same player. I do think he'll light it up this season based on motivation, but fall off huge the following season. He didn't have that motivation to prove Packers wrong for cutting him if the Packers didn't cut him.
UserPostedImage
Barfarn
6 years ago

Hey cmon now he filled a need position, but made more of a weak position already. So now we line cobb and Adams up outside and graham in the slot. And Rodgers has 2 sends to pass the ball because the line can't block lol.I would have loved to see us sign Barton from Philly over Graham anyday. But we have the God at qb that just so happens to be hurt in some way every year now and demands he has a say in every decision. I remember an old QB that tried doing that and everyone hated him for it and said it wasn't right. But its different with Rodgers because he won a Super Bowl.

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

Having a TE that can both pass catch and block, makes play action or the threat of the more run viable. This causes LBers and safeties to pause a split-second before responding to their coverage responsibility, which helps receivers gain separation.

With Graham on the field, our run game will be less viable, which will hurt the passing game. If you try to only use Graham on passing plays, the D will pick-up that tendency and the TE substitutions will mitigate one of Rodgers' greatest strengths.

You watch highlights of Graham doing these amazing things and think, "wow I want that guy"...I get it. Or you see a stat, 10 TDs last year. But, what you dont see on the highlights and TD stats is how his other weaknesses consistently sabotage the offense and cause punts.

Whatever his pluses give you; they are mitigated by his minuses. At the end of the day, he doesn't add anything an average TE cant give you.

Are new GM is a moron!
beast
6 years ago

Also, keep in mind once Rodgers went down, Nelson DISAPPEARED! Davante Adams still lit it up, Randall Cobb even had a few good games. Nelson just completely fell off the chart.

As for TE Jimmy Graham, he is a receiving tight end, period.

Nelson completely fell off the chart because the new QB couldn't or wouldn't throw the ball more than 5 yards down the field and with Cobb and Adams being assigned most of the short routes (because they're quicker than Nelson) the new QB wouldn't throw it Nelson way even when he got open.

Also I fixed your statement about Graham... I don't think it's correct to simply call him a tightend period because that's how the Seahawks used him and asked him to block a lot at times and clearly that didn't work so well.
UserPostedImage
musccy
6 years ago

Are new GM is a moron!

This made me 🤣

beast
6 years ago

Are new GM is a moron!

Looks like he's not the only one.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
packerfanoutwest (1h) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (6h) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (8h) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (8h) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (11h) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (11h) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (11h) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (11h) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (12h) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (22h) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

5h / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.