Cheesey
5 years ago
To me , on saying “under God” bothers you, then don’t say that part of the pledge.
Heck, if you don’t believe in God, why should it bother you at all?
And the national anthem? When I was given the honor of singing it at the Milwaukee Brewers game in 2010, I sang it as it is supposed to be sung. I didn’t see it as a chance to “show off” my musical talents. As was stated already, some people use it to try to show off. That’s not the way it was intended. My version is still on YouTube if you want to see it. Just put in “Alan Smith national anthem” on YouTube. I’ll tell you, it was one of the most humbling things I have ever done.
The only thing that would be better would be if I got to sing it at Lambeau Field!
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
5 years ago

To me , on saying “under God” bothers you, then don’t say that part of the pledge.
Heck, if you don’t believe in God, why should it bother you at all?

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

I'm more agnostic than anything and I never have, nor do I now have an issue saying the full pledge. That said, again, agnostic and not of a differing religion with devout followers and I think it's inconsiderate to ignore that there are other religions that hold different beliefs.

I'm all for those who have a religious belief, but this constant trying to force theirs on everyone is wrong. Religion is not for everyone and if we can't accept that, then what's that say about us?

UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
5 years ago
the irony of the discussion is that the real debate within the country is not on God, per se, but about values...where does one start.
Also “liberty and justice for all” is a linchpin. We do not have equal application of the law in the country. Instead we have selective prosecution as well as weaponization of the government for polical reasons...aka tyranny
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
Zero2Cool
5 years ago

the irony of the discussion is that the real debate within the country is not on God, per se, but about values...where does one start.
Also “liberty and justice for all” is a linchpin. We do not have equal application of the law in the country. Instead we have selective prosecution as well as weaponization of the government for polical reasons...aka tyranny

Originally Posted by: KRK 

Someone mentioned the Pledge of Allegiance. I spoke my opinion on it.

Regarding the topic, I've stated my stance on it. People are hypocrites. They are sitting on their couch during the anthem whining about players raising a fist or taking a knee and subjectively calling it a slight against the Country.

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
5 years ago
It seems lately that all religions other then Christianity are “respected”.
I don’t think the pledge or having “in God we trust” on our money is forcing religion on anyone.
You spend the money...do those words affect you at all? Or the pledge, if you don’t like “under God” don’t say it.
Problem solved.
The real reason for trying to have God as our inspiration was that this was the only one with absolutes. The 10 commandments are just that, not the “10 suggestions”. As we got away from godly beliefs, we have allowed in things such as human life being disposable if you don’t want it.
Other moral problems have caused a decline in our society.
And I don’t see it getting better anytime soon, unless America wakes up and sees itself for what it is.
UserPostedImage
Barfarn
5 years ago

Clearly some of us are familiar with the history of the Declaration and Constitution...some just read web blog talking points.
You can always tell a liberal by the debating technique...attack the person who supposedly represents the idea, not the ideas or ideals themselves.
Which elements of Judaeo-Christian's values do you specifically dislike?

And yes, as we see in the headlines every day, many Evangelical and other Church leaders are deeply flawed...which is why for many of use we read the Bible to see what was originally intended. For the same reason, I like to read the Federalist Papers and other historical documents to see what was originally intended.

I suggest you turn off PMSNBC and actually read the Constitution and the Federalist Papers to get an understanding by what was intended, and not intended, in the Constitution Drafting.

Originally Posted by: KRK 

Damn, I guess I hit a nerve 😂. You should ask yourself, why?

My post extolled Christian values. You asked how Christians should vote and I simply used the Bible to so advise. If there was an argument it was that Christians support Biblical axioms and don’t support amoral conduct or give Koch Bros rhetoric more credence than the Bible. The Federalist Papers are MEANINGLESS unless read in the context of the government the writers implemented, other things they wrote and how they lived.

The Constitution’s Drafters were white, male, RICH, “Christians” or "Deists," who formed a government expressly to serve THEMSELVES; to perpetuate their interests and to preserve their cast. Jesus said you measure a man by his deeds not by his words. These clowns spoke so eloquently of liberty, freedom and equality; but owned slaves and practiced contempt toward anyone not White, Male or “Christian.” Notwithstanding what they said, the Drafters had contempt for Christian values. And of course, their greed killed their desire to redistribute of wealth.

The Drafters also possessed utter contempt for the People; the mere mention of democracy caused spinal shivers. But, they needed those peasants to man their fields, their industrial endeavors and/or to hold muskets should the British try to reclaim their colony. The People got a bone, the peasants could vote and peacefully bitch. The Drafters knew the People couldn’t eff things up if their choice was limited to the Adams-Madison-Jefferson-Bush-Clinton types. In 1800 they discovered a system flaw and adopted the electoral college in 1804 just in case a man of the People somehow received more votes than one of the oligarchical robberbarons of the day.

These “under god” chrsitian men of liberty and freedom paid Napoleon, 7 games of Rodgers’ pay, to double the size of the US [La. Purchase]. But, instead of compensating their new red and brown citizens that inhabited the land; they murdered and marched them off to arid concentration camps. Negroes were first enslaved; then Jim Crowed. Women were total 2nd class or worse and foreigners were relegated effectively to slave labor. Anything these duplicitous jerks wrote must be taken with a grain of salt.

If you were a non-elite White; you were born and died in your cast; there was no middle class. Economic and social advancement simply did not occur with any appreciably greater frequency than any other worldly society past or present. The American Dream was not a reality, it was pure myth. The few that were able to claw their way up were nouveau riche and weren’t accepted until a generation or 2 passed. The typical white dude was born to a peasant and began working at 8-12. As they got older their work week increased to 10-16 hrs /day 6-7 days/ week, for pay that barely allowed one to shelter, feed and cloth his family. If a White woman, you had better have a man. There was no savings, if this white dude got sick, old, died or injured on the job; the family died; lived like ferule street dogs or was supported by other family. The white dude’s kids then repeated the lives of their parents.

This is the society that our “Christian” forefathers “under God” conceived of and then actually implemented. How does a Christian claim to aspire to this? A moral man sees this as an example of what to AVOID. If this nation was formed under God, then, sorry, he’s just a dick. But, I see the pervasive evil ugliness from 1776 until the FDR Era as growing out of the machinations of evil/rich severely flawed bigoted misogynistic faux-christian evil bastard propagandist men; not God. And we know what Jesus said about the greedy and rich.

The American Dream hit its peak in the 60’s and 70’s and maybe 80’s. A substantial middle class was formed; finally a parent could legitimately dream of their kids having a better life. One could rise out of poverty to elite in less than a generation and at an unprecedented level known in the history of the world. But, the robberbarons didn’t just decide to do this. Thousands of men and women sacrificed life, limb [at Paint Creek, Ludlow, Blair Mountain, Harlan Co., Haymarket, etc.] and deportation to bring about a 40 hr work week that paid a living wage. THIS, is when the American Dream was transformed from myth to reality and, you sir, are taking this for granted and spitting in the face of our Nation’s true Christian heroes [Debs, Goldman, Hill, Ma Jones, etc]. Kids started going to school rather than working in coal mines and sweat shops; the elderly began to live with dignity and didn’t financially drain their families. Racism eased. Disgusting waterways, land and air was cleaned up, infirming and/or killed fewer. Mortality skyrocketed and safety nets formed should one lose the physical ability to be productive or suffer short term unemployment, etc, etc, etc?

America has EVOLVED and now you and the Kochs want to go back to a time when America was great [for the white male oligarchs and robberbarons] again; a time when it was lawful to kill and enslave all those that don’t possess a pecker or look like us and dump their toxins in the commons. My understanding of the Bible conflicts with this desire. Jesus said you cannot serve the Kochs and God [(Clay) Matthew(s) 6:24]! I can respect any choice you make; but Ya cant be both, ya gotta make a choice!
DarkaneRules
5 years ago
To me the idea of a political ideology being pro-Christian potentially presumes the other ideology to be anti-Christian. This adds another layer to the culture and class wars of politics, which is terrifying to me.

My fear is that we are taking a "means to an end" approach, even if it means following people who are breaking commandments in plain view, with no remorse whatsoever.

From an economical standpoint, I don't know about y'all, but I've not noticed the positive effects of these tax cuts from the middle class perspective. It's almost like they weren't meant for me/us. Meanwhile, the national debt continues to soar and all those who were screaming about it during the previous administration are silent. Now debt is a good thing. Funny how that works.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
5 years ago
Barfan said

The Constitution’s Drafters were white, male, RICH, “Christians” or "Deists," who formed a government expressly to serve THEMSELVES; to perpetuate their interests and to preserve their cast. Jesus said you measure a man by his deeds not by his words. These clowns spoke so eloquently of liberty, freedom and equality; but owned slaves and practiced contempt toward anyone not White, Male or “Christian.” Notwithstanding what they said, the Drafters had contempt for Christian values. And of course, their greed killed their desire to redistribute of wealth.

This view is truly delusional. Most did not own slaves. And they all felt that society, without strong moral underpinnings, would collapse.

Again, you fall into the libtard practice of attacking people, instead of debating concepts.
Exactly which concepts of our constitutional republic do you disagree with, and why.
By the way, like you, I think the Koch Brothers are all about big business at the expense of the little guy as well...I am not a fan. But I am also not a socialst. I am for extremely limited government...which means I want the goverment, you, and the thought police out of my wallet, business, bedroom, church, and gunsafe with my AR-15’s, hand guns, and ammo.

GO PACK GO

In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
nerdmann
5 years ago
Founders cribbed a large portion of the founding documents from the Iriquois iirc.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool
5 years ago
I didn't read the other posts because well I can't stand the political labeling. It's absolutely ignorant to throw someone in a bucket just because of one thing. There's no black and white with that. You can have some views that fit one, some views that fit another. To be labeled into one because of a particular view is absolutely moronic.

This view is truly delusional. Most did not own slaves. And they all felt that society, without strong moral underpinnings, would collapse.

Again, you fall into the libtard practice of attacking people, instead of debating concepts.
Exactly which concepts of our constitutional republic do you disagree with, and why.

And here we have someone saying someone is attacking people, while using a label and shortly before saying their view is 'truly delusional'.

I hate politics and everything related to it ... only because people have no idea how to talk about the subject.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
packerfanoutwest (47m) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (6h) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (8h) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (8h) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (10h) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (10h) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (10h) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (11h) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (11h) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (22h) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (23h) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

5h / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.