Zero2Cool
5 years ago
What is a trigger warning??
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
5 years ago

What is a trigger warning??

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

My guess is, that this thread would "trigger" a lot of controversy.

Rock , as far as economics, how does the democrats way better then the republican way? The government taking from the rich and giving to the poor? Every time the democrats have ruled, they SAY they are for helping the people, but it's just lip service.
They prey on people's fears, and control them that way.
Promise them "free stuff" if they give up their rights and control of their lives.
That's not a better way.
UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
5 years ago
oops
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
5 years ago

I feel like not even 5% of Democrats are like that, just like the fact that not even 5% of Republicans are racist assholes who like to shoot minorities, keep a diesel engine in their backyard running 24/7 to disprove global warming and do everything in their power to ban gay rights.

I know this is not going to be populair, because if there's one thing that unifies you guys more than anything, it's patriotism...

But both sides are batshit bonkers.

It's either having the option to identify yourself as a genderfluid mermaid on your government ID on the left or "being gay is a choice" on the right.

Everyone who walks into the US should become a citizen regardless or every immigrant should be put back on their boat/car/train/segway to their own country in less than 3 minutes.

There's no moderation. All these fringe cases get magnified in the media and catered to by both parties. It's seems absolutely bonkers from the outside looking in.

That said, just to spice it up a little... I'd swing more to the left than the right, if only for economic reasons. The fact that people could bust their asses on two jobs and still barely scrape by... That you could truly believe that trickle-down-economics work... That you have to throw yourself in tons of debt to go to college...Or that you could be working the rest of your life to pay of medical bills is just such a surreal thought. It's one of the most inhumane things I can imagine for a country that's as prosperous as the US. Especially if it's under the guise of "I'm not going to college/hospital etc, so I don't want to pay any taxes for that."

Originally Posted by: Rockmolder 

I don't have any objection of setting a certain amount of immigrants every year. (whatever the number is) I don't think we need to set different quotas for different nations. But I don't think we should accept every single person that enters the country.

The example I once gave is if 100,000 people come in fine. 1,000,000 every year is a little more pressure on the system. 10,000,000 or 100,000,000 would not be feasible. There needs to be a line somewhere. Just let me know what is a good number.

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
5 years ago
I have no problem with people coming here. As long as they do it LEGALLY.
That would keep out criminals and gang members.
Just opening the borders is NOT the answer. Today’s world is different then 50 years ago. There are a lot more dangerous people that would love to kill Americans.
That’s fact.
Come here legally? No problem! WELCOME!
Try to sneak in? Ship them back to where they came from.
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
5 years ago

I don't have any objection of setting a certain amount of immigrants every year. (whatever the number is) I don't think we need to set different quotas for different nations. But I don't think we should accept every single person that enters the country.

The example I once gave is if 100,000 people come in fine. 1,000,000 every year is a little more pressure on the system. 10,000,000 or 100,000,000 would not be feasible. There needs to be a line somewhere. Just let me know what is a good number.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

So we're in agreement, then?

I obviously don't have a number. I reckon someone with a Phd in a relevant field could say something more sensible about that than some guy who's rambling on a Packers forum. My point is that there's a lot more cencensus between people, but both partys seem to be on the far reaches of the spectrum. Maybe that's a bit of an open door, but it's a pretty alien concept to a huge portion of the rest of the world.
Rockmolder
5 years ago

I have no problem with people coming here. As long as they do it LEGALLY.
That would keep out criminals and gang members.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

I agree. And add volume to that. Sometimes the burden on a society just gets too big.

Just opening the borders is NOT the answer. Today’s world is different then 50 years ago. There are a lot more dangerous people that would love to kill Americans.
That’s fact.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Yes. Those people are mostly other Americans.

wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
5 years ago

So we're in agreement, then?

I obviously don't have a number. I reckon someone with a Phd in a relevant field could say something more sensible about that than some guy who's rambling on a Packers forum. My point is that there's a lot more cencensus between people, but both partys seem to be on the far reaches of the spectrum. Maybe that's a bit of an open door, but it's a pretty alien concept to a huge portion of the rest of the world.

Originally Posted by: Rockmolder 

Rocky I am sure we could sit down over a couple of pints (I don't drink but would do so for world peace) and hammer out a workable plan for all concerned with one exception. There are those in the world who want destruction for the sake of destruction. There would be no appeasing them. Sadly they are found in every corner of the world.

So do you prefer stout or lager?
UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
5 years ago
What an interesting aspect to this thread. Back in the day, when our country was founded, they would talk in public houses over a beer or two about ideas. About republic versus democracy.... about states being able to determine certain aspects of how they are governed with limited federal government ... About the right of due process ....About property rights in the right of self determination.

When open minded people talk about ideas, solutions are found. when mobs shout down speakers and cut off conversation, anarchy ensues. When a Free Press takes an advocacy position instead of reporting relevant facts, people are ill-informed.
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
Cheesey
5 years ago
That’s one of today’s problems. “Free press” is slanted so far left, it’s ridiculous.
Look at the “Yahoo! “ main page on any day, and you will find anti conservative and anti republican posts all over the place.
When Obama was president, you didn’t see him and his ideas getting blasted.
It’s that way onTV as well.
Shows like Samantha (the) B. Murphy Brown. The Conners, and so on are leftist propaganda. Those shows are LOVED by the left. Even if the shows suck.
The right wing haters run most of the media.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
packerfanoutwest (4h) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (9h) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (11h) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (11h) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (14h) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (14h) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (14h) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (14h) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (15h) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
48m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

8h / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.