dyeah_gb
5 years ago
With Mike McCarthy now out, what expectations do you have for next year?

If the Packers don't make the playoffs is it a bust?

A winning season?

I will be bummed if the Packers miss the playoffs next year but understand that the team has been in rebuilding mode for over a year now and it will take time and some luck to get back to greatness.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - R. Feynman
rabidgopher04
5 years ago
New coach needs to get in and have success with getting Rodgers back on track and the offense clicking on all cylinders. Time for another 2011 prolific offense. Anything less and we might as well have just kept McCarthy.
Amazing Bacon Delivery  Service! Never be without good bacon again.
earthquake
5 years ago
With a couple first round picks, one in the top half of the draft, and a GM that isn't afraid to sign FAs, I expect GB to turn it around fairly quickly.

With an offseason's rest for Rodger's knee (it may be feeling pretty good now but it's hard to imagine it doesn't affect him at all), and another year removed from the collar bone injury, I would expect him to have a rebound year. Especially if they hire a smart offensive coach that can use him well/challenge him.

I think there's some promise on defense as well if they can manage to stay healthy overall (a big if).

Another losing season won't be terribly surprising, but it will be disappointing. Signing a new coach is a crapshoot at the best of times, so it will be very interesting to see how it unfolds.
blank
Nonstopdrivel
5 years ago

Time for another 2011 prolific offense.

Originally Posted by: rabidgopher04 

I tend to doubt we'll ever see a return to that kind of offensive dominance in Green Bay, even though the current defensive milieu in the league provides an optimal environment for offensive production. That 2011 offense just caught lightning in a bottle and ran away from the league. The problem with that team was that the defense was beyond dreadful, so the offense practically had to score 30 points a game to keep the team in contention -- with predictable results in the postseason. Frankly, I'd rather see a return to a top-five or top-ten offense in concert with a top-five defense. That would set the Packers up for much better odds of success in the postseason, and I think it would be overall more fun to watch, too.
UserPostedImage
beast
5 years ago

With Mike McCarthy now out, what expectations do you have for next year?

Originally Posted by: dyeah_gb 

A new head coach! 😝

If the Packers don't make the playoffs is it a bust?

A winning season?

Originally Posted by: dyeah_gb 

I think it depends a bit on who is bought in and what their system is, etc.

But improvement and making it looks like all the healthy guys are playing close to their potential... I mean, if players play to their maximum potential and still have a losing season, the coach has done his job, other than maybe getting on the GM to do their job and getting better players...

Right now the Packers sure don't seem to be playing to their offensive potential...

The defense is struggling too, but they've lost Daniels, Perry, Wilkerson, Ryan, Haha, Whitehead, Brice, King, Breeland, etc... when say 7 or 8 of your 11 starters are out injured, you're kinda expected to suck.

How about the expectation is to find someone to keep most people healthy?
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (11h) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (11h) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (16h) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
27m / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

1-May / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.