Pack93z
  • Pack93z
  • Select Member Topic Starter
15 years ago

The players appealed the suspensions and said the league should have warned them that the banned substance, bumetanide, was in the over-the-counter supplement StarCaps. But those appeals were denied.

"longtimefan" wrote:

why is it the NFL job to tell them what is in it or not in it?

thats like them taking a Marlboro red cigarette from a friend laced with pot and blaming the nfl for them getting high

** yes I know thats an extreme case, but principle is still the same **

This is part of the problem though.. the company failed to list it as an ingredient.. so there is an issue there.

But if it is as reported.. the NFL sent a memo to every club about Starcaps and being added to the banned list.. if that holds true.. these boys are sitting.. case closed.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
dfosterf
15 years ago
IF they are allowed to play this Sunday, and IF the Vikes win, I think our best scenario will be for the suspensions to be upheld next year, and in an ideal scenario, not until the season started...That IS possible, knowing how the appellate system can work. Think about it, the Vikes would have that hanging over their heads, but without the actual suspensions, it would be difficult to compensate for the projected loss of them, personnel-decision, wise. At a minimum, it would create some havoc over in P.P.O.---and I'm always for that. :thumbleft:
longtimefan
15 years ago

The players appealed the suspensions and said the league should have warned them that the banned substance, bumetanide, was in the over-the-counter supplement StarCaps. But those appeals were denied.

"pack93z" wrote:

why is it the NFL job to tell them what is in it or not in it?

thats like them taking a Marlboro red cigarette from a friend laced with pot and blaming the nfl for them getting high

** yes I know thats an extreme case, but principle is still the same **

"longtimefan" wrote:

This is part of the problem though.. the company failed to list it as an ingredient.. so there is an issue there.

But if it is as reported.. the NFL sent a memo to every club about Starcaps and being added to the banned list.. if that holds true.. these boys are sitting.. case closed.

okay did not see/hear that the company did not list it..

But.....Did the Vikings tell their players about the issue with Star?
Pack93z
  • Pack93z
15 years ago

IF they are allowed to play this Sunday, and IF the Vikes win, I think our best scenario will be for the suspensions to be upheld next year, and in an ideal scenario, not until the season started...That IS possible, knowing how the appellate system can work. Think about it, the Vikes would have that hanging over their heads, but without the actual suspensions, it would be difficult to compensate for the projected loss of them, personnel-decision, wise. At a minimum, it would create some havoc over in P.P.O.---and I'm always for that. :thumbleft:

"dfosterf" wrote:

My understanding is that the suspension would carry over into the postseason.. thus this little delay might cost them dearly in the postseason, that is if they make it that far.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Pack93z
  • Pack93z
15 years ago

"longtimefan" wrote:

This lawsuit comes down to one single thing.. how the Memo of Starcaps was worded that was delivered to the teams... if it was clear that the substance was banned.. then they are done.

A team and the training staff should make sure that each and every player is aware of what is and is not acceptable.

I find it funny that only 2 teams so far have had this problem.. in that, I believe the memo was clear and someone dropped the ball at the team level.

Maybe they used the memo for a quick sketch of a map to a pair of boats. :lol:
longtimefan
15 years ago

"pack93z" wrote:

This lawsuit comes down to one single thing.. how the Memo of Starcaps was worded that was delivered to the teams... if it was clear that the substance was banned.. then they are done.

A team and the training staff should make sure that each and every player is aware of what is and is not acceptable.

I find it funny that only 2 teams so far have had this problem.. in that, I believe the memo was clear and someone dropped the ball at the team level.

"longtimefan" wrote:

or to draw SB ring design but then decided to toss it out since they didnt know you had to WIN a SB to get a ring
Pack93z
  • Pack93z
15 years ago

"longtimefan" wrote:

or to draw SB ring design but then decided to toss it out since they didnt know you had to WIN a SB to get a ring

"pack93z" wrote:

Or maybe Chilly used it to write a non tampering note to Brett. :lol:
longtimefan
15 years ago

"pack93z" wrote:

"longtimefan" wrote:

Or maybe Chilly used it to write a non tampering note to Brett. :lol:

"pack93z" wrote:

with invisible ink
dfosterf
15 years ago
I want my full 4 game value as a Packer fan. Yes, the suspensions would carry over into the playoffs for the Vikes, but that doesn't do the Pack much good sitting on their couches watching. I say that if the Vikes are able to take the North, then let the suspensions ride until next year. I will get little satisfaction watching the Bucs crush them in the playoffs because the wall wasn't in. On the other hand, if Ryan Grant or Brandon Jackson were to run willy-nilly through them next year because those cheatin' Williams' boys were finally sitting, along with a pissed off commish watching because those purple clowns required him to send all of their lawyers to defend the policies of the NFL...well, I think that would be a good thing... For starters, Jared Allen would have to actually think long and hard about running his jib with a commish just dyin' for a little Ziggy Wilf payback.
Pack93z
  • Pack93z
15 years ago

I want my full 4 game value as a Packer fan. Yes, the suspensions would carry over into the playoffs for the Vikes, but that doesn't do the Pack much good sitting on their couches watching. I say that if the Vikes are able to take the North, then let the suspensions ride until next year. I will get little satisfaction watching the Bucs crush them in the playoffs because the wall wasn't in. On the other hand, if Ryan Grant or Brandon Jackson were to run willy-nilly through them next year because those cheatin' Williams' boys were finally sitting, along with a pissed off commish watching because those purple clowns required him to send all of their lawyers to defend the policies of the NFL...well, I think that would be a good thing... For starters, Jared Allen would have to actually think long and hard about running his jib with a commish just dyin' for a little Ziggy Wilf payback.

"dfosterf" wrote:

Agreed from that perspective... however it would certainly add another chapter of postseason disappointments for those in purple.

I can hear it now.. we lost because Goodell suspended the WW..

Almost up there with the claim of a push from Drew Pearson. :lol: